corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Betfair and "laying" bets

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Betfair and "laying" bets
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
9th Jul 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i see what you mean, laying seems a bit to risky for me and i am not willing to lose that much money so I will just stick with small multiple bets for the time being
Dan
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laying is useful if you back something early, like holland to win the world cup before it starts.

I dont know the odds etc, but say it was 20/1 and you put 10er on. You win 200 if they win it.

If now you layed them at evens, u could lay them for 50. So you have to pay out 50 if they win.

Then its win win situation. You win 200 from your winning bet, minus the 50 you layed at.

If they lose, you get the other persons 50, and you have only be 10, meaning you make 40

If that makes sense

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
AndyKent

9th Jul 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better bet is trading a result.

I used to back the draw at the start of a match, wait for the price to come in a bit then say it off. By laying lower than your back you can win on every result.

Trouble is that if a goal goes against you early you've either got to get out for a guaranteed loss, or ride it out and hope there's an equaliser.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Betfair and "laying" bets 23 database queries in 0.1858292 seconds