corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Formula 1 GP @ Silverstone

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Formula 1 GP @ Silverstone
Dom

User status: Offline
11th Jul 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horner did say that Webber wasn't too happy about the new wing hence why they stuck in on Vettels car, but i think this had added insult to injury and just highlights the blantant favouritism of Vettel within the team.
But a brilliant drive from Webber today (i'm with Nath as well, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. Vettel just seems to be a cunt), he certainly gave Horner, Vettel and the rest of the management a big fuck you. It'll be interesting to see if any other team will offer him a seat next year and whether or not Webber will stay at Red Bull after all of this shite - i suspect he would jump ship if the chance came up! (Edit - i know that he has signed an extension on his contract, but as he said today "If i'd known, i'd never signed up for this")

And it was a decent race otherwise - Lewis was solid all race, Button did some serious driving battling it through the pack although it's a shame that he had to reserve fuel which stopped him getting a podium. Un-fucking-lucky for Alonso The penalty seemed perfectly fair to me, as he clearly cut the corner. I don't doubt that he wouldn't have been hit with a penalty if he had given the position back. And Schumi, what the fuck was that all about? He seemed to be driving like Miss Daisy I believe he should start thinking about dropping F1 and going back to being retired.

[Edited on 11-07-2010 by Dom]
JonnyJ

11th Jul 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew Schumacher would do shite, its a different game to when he was around. I had a bet with a mate that he wouldn't win a single race this season, looking good so far!

Aye, couldn't help but laugh at Alonso, the moody badger deserves everything he gets
ed

11th Jul 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso is being a total knob. You'd almost expect teams not wanting to give him a drive because of his poor attitude. He always seems to cause friction and get pissed off.
AndyKent

11th Jul 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Webber has only signed another contract with Red Bull in the last few weeks so he can't move on (unless he cancels the contract at huge expense).

I don't think Alonsos penalty was deserved at all. If Kubica had still been out there he would just have to lift and let just him through. As it happened he went from something like 5th to 16th.

Hardly a fair penalty, but getting his knickers in a twist and refusing to talk to the media doesn't make him at all attractive to fans or teams.
mwg

11th Jul 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
But a brilliant drive from Webber today (i'm with Nath as well, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. Vettel just seems to be a cunt)

He's a German what do you expect. They are all arrogant pricks.

Laughed when Vettel went off. Hamilton and Button didn't do too badly considering their practice and qualifying sessions
Dom

11th Jul 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Webber has only signed another contract with Red Bull in the last few weeks so he can't move on (unless he cancels the contract at huge expense).

I don't think Alonsos penalty was deserved at all. If Kubica had still been out there he would just have to lift and let just him through. As it happened he went from something like 5th to 16th.

Hardly a fair penalty, but getting his knickers in a twist and refusing to talk to the media doesn't make him at all attractive to fans or teams.

Thing is Alonso didn't even lift off, he just carried on which is a drive through penalty for cutting the track and gaining a position. If he showed that he tried to let Kubica regain the position then the stewards would have waived it.

I was surprised that Webber re-signed last month (think it was just after the Turkish GP), but no doubt he thought that was the end of it after the mishap with Vettel during that race. Problem for Webber is that he's getting on a bit as a driver so getting a seat anywhere else (certainly in another big team) would be difficult. But i still think he would change teams given the chance.
AndyKent

11th Jul 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said the penalty he got wasn't deserved, rather than he didn't deserve a penalty. I know it was a tricky one for the stewards, but giving back a position looses you a couple of seconds, a drive through is getting on for 20 seconds.

In hindsight he would have just given the place back, but if Ferrari thought it was a fair move then why would they.
JonnyJ

11th Jul 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF I'd give Alonso a penalty just for being Alonso
neil h

11th Jul 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved the post race interviews where they quizzed vettel/horner about whether there was any favouritism going on in the red bull team. Especially win eddy jordan started having a crack at horner for not sounding all that genuine when he congratulated webber over the team radio.

There's gonna be some fun discussions at the red bull factory monday morning
Dom

11th Jul 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I said the penalty he got wasn't deserved, rather than he didn't deserve a penalty. I know it was a tricky one for the stewards, but giving back a position looses you a couple of seconds, a drive through is getting on for 20 seconds.

In hindsight he would have just given the place back, but if Ferrari thought it was a fair move then why would they.

But it's in the FIA rule book that the penalty for cutting a corner and gaining a position is a drive through, end of. If the stewards made an exception and gave Alonso a lesser penalty, it would cause an uproar!
Daveskater
Premium Member

11th Jul 10 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoyed the race and was impressed with Button and more importantly Vettel.

In case you couldn't tell, it was the first race I've watched all the way through

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AndyKent

11th Jul 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right, but I can see why he'd be pissed about it. The penalties are far too rigid as has been seen with others applied this year......the stewards should have more freedom to apply 'fair' penalties rather than just going by what's written in front of them.

For example, the Schumacher incident at Monaco - far too harsh a penalty and should have just reversed the decision but they couldn't as the rules didn't allow for that kind of situation.
fir3vip3r

11th Jul 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You're right, but I can see why he'd be pissed about it. The penalties are far too rigid as has been seen with others applied this year......the stewards should have more freedom to apply 'fair' penalties rather than just going by what's written in front of them.

For example, the Schumacher incident at Monaco - far too harsh a penalty and should have just reversed the decision but they couldn't as the rules didn't allow for that kind of situation.

No, there needs to be set rules or there will just be bitching and moaning all the time! the only "fair" system is blanket rules
LeeM

11th Jul 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom Button did some serious driving battling it through the pack although it's a shame that he had to reserve fuel which stopped him getting a podium.

i was only half watching but i knew he was holding back and wondered why the fuck he wasnt in third!
Dom

11th Jul 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Even if the stewards had the power to give a "fairer" penalty, it could still end in a similar situation where the penalty would still be deemed harsh. For example - the stewards hand out a 5sec end of race penalty (which i think is being generous), Alonso charges the pack gets to pole and wins the race. But because of this 5sec penalty he looses pole and drops to third. Do you think they (team/driver) would be saying that was a fair penalty? You’ve got to draw the line somewhere….

I think having an ex-F1 driver in with the stewards this season has helped a lot, especially in giving a point of view from the driver perspective. Although i still think it smelt a little whiffy with Schumacher’s incident in Monaco with Hill being steward

Also, Alonso could have lifted off in the corner as he was getting squeezed by Kubica instead of steaming through and hoping Kubica would yield.

lee - Teams never usually filled the cars up with enough fuel to finish the race, with the point being to save weight. So drivers are constantly changing fuel mixtures and upping and lowering engine revs throughout the race.

[Edited on 11-07-2010 by Dom]
jr

11th Jul 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vettle is the future and hence rb want to keep him sweet, webber is just having one of those seasons
jr

11th Jul 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vettle is also 50% british too, and by all accounts a really nice bloke, god knows where people get the idea germans are wankers either
antnee

12th Jul 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jr, everything I have seen of vettel makes me think he is an arrogant cunt, like his celebrations after some of the qualies, where he did all the number 1 shit.

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
TBF I'd give Alonso a penalty just for being Alonso

This.

Did anyone else hear the commentators taking about the fia as ferrari international assistance?
Daimo B

12th Jul 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso - Didn't agree with the penalty. IMO, he'd made the move, was in front, then mid way round the left hander the Renault moved right forcing Alonso off. Don't like him, but it was unfair, esp to make him pit just after the safety car putting him at the back. Unfair compared to other events this year.

Vettel - Great car control to save it at 160!!! Great comeback, but helped by safety car. I hate safety cars.

Webber - Great drive, I think saying he's just here this year is unfair. He's always been a good driver, but you cna't win with just a good car, you need a great driver too. You could see he was emotionally hurt by RB wing removal decision. He's been with them a long time so I can see why he's so angry. BUT, Vettel was in front, so he was the no1. Now Webber is in front, he's the no1 driver. But as they say, payback in the best possible way.

Lewis, great start, good solid drive. Likewise with Button, great start, but 3rd should have been his and im not sure how they could be running low on fuel?

LMFAO at Brundle though, he's such a cock.... "I love it when they turn into turn 1 at 190mph..." err no, they are only just hitting 190 at the end of the hanger straight, maybe 170 on the start/fin straight. He's such a chump. I watched classic F1 on friday night, he was racing, doing sh1te as usual.. Also had Brands highlights from 1987, Mansell winning. I was there, about 6 years of age
Nath

12th Jul 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
vettle is also 50% british too

How so?
Daimo B

12th Jul 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess being 50%, just a guess, one of his parents?????
SetH

User status: Online
12th Jul 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Daimo B"

Nath

12th Jul 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
At a guess being 50%, just a guess, one of his parents?????

I'm asking because their names werent very British. Sarcasm much

Hows the VXR sale going btw?
Daimo B

12th Jul 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great, its gone thanks. Whats that got to do with this?

Oh right, can't take sarcasm..

Hows living at home still? Bet it does wonders with women? If you want to go off topic and start up all over again?

[Edited on 12-07-2010 by Daimo B]
Nath

12th Jul 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Great, its gone thanks. Whats that got to do with this?

Oh right, can't take sarcasm..

Hows living at home still? Bet it does wonders with women? If you want to go off topic and start up all over again?

£6.5k

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Formula 1 GP @ Silverstone 23 database queries in 0.0155408 seconds