corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hangover cures

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hangover cures
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
17th Jul 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lay in bed rolling about and sweating, getting our lass to make me dry toast and glasses of cordial
LeeM

17th Jul 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pint and a line sorts me out, gettin ready to go out for the third night runnin right now.
mattk

17th Jul 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
pint and a line sorts me out, gettin ready to go out for the third night runnin right now.

haha
Eck
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Irn Bru and a Big Mac.
harrisp

17th Jul 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Drink loads of water before you sleep as a hangover is mostly due to dehydration.

More water in the morning, decent breakfast and some painkillers - jobs a goodun.

That works for me everytime.
LeeM

17th Jul 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my methods worked. Fresh as a daisy now
Andrew

17th Jul 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The slight hang over i had this morning was resolved by some food.

Wine doesn't appear to agree with me, appears to be the cause of most hang overs of late.

Massive hang overs are a right badger, had one of those of Tuesday at work Again, wine related.
Scotty C

17th Jul 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get hangovers! No matter how pissed I get! Mwhahaha!
lostboy
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I was trying to get some sniff but no one had any

I still feel a bit shit now I must have drank about 70cl of vodka and god knows how much Southern Comfort (fucking awful stuff) I just need a wank and sleep.
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:

I was trying to get some sniff but no one had any

I still feel a bit shit now I must have drank about 70cl of vodka and god knows how much Southern Comfort (fucking awful stuff) I just need a wank and sleep.

Sleep downstairs, the damp rot in your house should hep to re-hydrate your obese, pork-pie loving body.
lostboy
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toke on a bloke and choke you fucking immigrant.
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second class Mackem faggot.
CORSA NUT

18th Jul 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmmmmm some interesting theories floating around here but nobody has actually hit the nail on the head.

Bascially there is no known cure for the hangover. Everyone in the world is different it's just a matter of finding what works for you.

I suffer VERY badly and have done since i was young and when i say bad i mean being laid up for 2 days after a proper in at 5am session or even if i have say 7/8 bottles i'm ill all the next day

I've tried pretty much everything over the years and found the only thing that works is pure rest and when i can eat then eat..then go back asleep. The main reason you get a hangover is because a toxin is made inside your body. Scientists at the moment are trying to recreate 'Alchohol' without any of the drawbacks ie so your body dose not create the toxin which makes you ill.

The Headache= Lack of water
The Nausea= The Toxin
The Dizzyness etc= The Toxin

It sounds daft but eating Asparagus before you drink is meant to help a lot becuase as said by Paul it is packed with Vitamin K which helps the liver fight the alchohol. I tend to just eat as much as i can whilst i'm drinking then like Cosmo said drink loads of water with painkillers before bed and when you get up.
lostboy
Banned

18th Jul 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Hmmmmmmm some interesting theories floating around here but nobody has actually hit the nail on the head.

Bascially there is no known cure for the hangover. Everyone in the world is different it's just a matter of finding what works for you.

I suffer VERY badly and have done since i was young and when i say bad i mean being laid up for 2 days after a proper in at 5am session or even if i have say 7/8 bottles i'm ill all the next day

I've tried pretty much everything over the years and found the only thing that works is pure rest and when i can eat then eat..then go back asleep. The main reason you get a hangover is because a toxin is made inside your body. Scientists at the moment are trying to recreate 'Alchohol' without any of the drawbacks ie so your body dose not create the toxin which makes you ill.

The Headache= Lack of water
The Nausea= The Toxin
The Dizzyness etc= The Toxin

It sounds daft but eating Asparagus before you drink is meant to help a lot becuase as said by Paul it is packed with Vitamin K which helps the liver fight the alchohol. I tend to just eat as much as i can whilst i'm drinking then like Cosmo said drink loads of water with painkillers before bed and when you get up.

Someone on another forum I use is like you, doesn't actually drink now as he found out why it happens to him, was something to do with the enzymes in his liver and couldn't break the alcohol down which made him ill for days.
CORSA NUT

18th Jul 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate i still drink I was on me wy way Friday night only had about 8 bottles of Corona but was in bed till about 2 yesterday

I used to say when i was hungover it was like i had been poisoned and my mates were like 'Get out of bed ya pussy' but i seriously felt like i was going to die.
CORSA NUT

18th Jul 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is actually wrong with him mate BTW? I might get myself checked out properley
mwg

18th Jul 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really bad if I've drunk lager all night. If I go to vodka's after a few pints then I usually don't feel that bad the next day.
Ian W

18th Jul 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like I was the same as you corsa nut, used to get awful hangovers that would last for an entire day.

Last 12 months though i've been drinking Vodka mixed with various soft drinks, probably include a few pints / cans in evenings drinking aswell and i'm fine the next day.

Don't know what happend to me but I like it

I put it down to the fact that I used to come and and just hit my bed straight away, since having my own place I normally come in, get a munch, chill out for a bit and then get my head down - works for me - i'm singe with no kids though so I can afford to please myself
LeeM

18th Jul 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get all day hangovers, it's usually because I've drank so much I should probably be dead
Gavin
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cure is to drink as much water as possible towards the end of the night before heading off to bed.

Then the same again in the morning, if I'm still struggling then I slowly drink a can of beer works for me

pew pew pew pewwwww
davcohen

18th Jul 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drinking alot of water before the end of the night can help alot, When I got messed up bad the next day I still felt just as messed up. My stomach felt bad, but I was still hungry.
My friend suggested donuts and to be honest it really worked well as it took the nasty taste out my mouth and all that dough fills you up
Ellis

18th Jul 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing cures mine, only time and sleep gets me through. Usually fucks off by about 5-6pm the next day.
Generation

18th Jul 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck all. Never ever get hangovers pussys
Paul_J

18th Jul 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha I failed at this so hard yesterday.

I managed to blow £140 and woke up today feeling like I was dying. Still hurting.

Highlight was having about 20 jager bombs lined up at the bar and us doing the domino's style drop on the jager.
Generation

18th Jul 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 jagerbombs in a row, would probably give you a heart attack TBH

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hangover cures 23 database queries in 0.0842121 seconds