corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone trying to quit smoking?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone trying to quit smoking?
Twiggy

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quit 18mths ago and dont feel any better I had a puff end of last year and nearly vommed! I think i am done for sure now!
Jambo

22nd Jul 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone says you will feel better etc I quit for about 3 years and felt no different however that doesn't mean it's not ridiculously bad for you.

If you want to stop don't smoke it's that simple it's not easy but it's not bad. If you are really struggling to muster will power my advice would be to do it when your unwell for 2/3days as that's how long you are physically addicted as such the rest us just not doing it. Just think about something else your body will adapt. Just make sure your hearts in it
lostboy
Banned

22nd Jul 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people that have used champix and quit, then got addicted to champix stopped taking it and started smoking again, I myself quit cold turkey.

Then started again
adiohead

22nd Jul 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

owz

22nd Jul 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried champix 2 weeks ago. those tablets gave me the strangest dreams ever which wasnt a bad thing was quite funny to be fair. but i also got major stomach pains from them too literally all day everyday i'd feel sick. in the end i gave up the tablets couldnt cope with the pain i literally couldnt move. also took 2 days for the pain to go after stopping the tablets
Tiger

22nd Jul 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people can get side effects from them, sounds quite nasty though.
Cole

22nd Jul 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by owz
tried champix 2 weeks ago. those tablets gave me the strangest dreams ever which wasnt a bad thing was quite funny to be fair. but i also got major stomach pains from them too literally all day everyday i'd feel sick. in the end i gave up the tablets couldnt cope with the pain i literally couldnt move. also took 2 days for the pain to go after stopping the tablets

do you spend time in smokey environments as thats what champix is supposed to do it makes you feel sick if you try to have a fag same affect if people are smoking around you
Gareth F

22nd Jul 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swear these are the pills you cn get proper addicted to, be careful.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to quit but it's just too fucking nice having a tab with your morning cup of tea, good way to start the day.
Jambo

22nd Jul 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tabs are fucking amazing tbh it's such a shame they give you the bad aids nothing like the first cigarette of the day watching the world go by
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer them, a lot fucking cheaper too.
Hammer

22nd Jul 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Patches work, even if just for the placebo effect.

I like this trend of folk stopping, the public ban has done what it set out to do.
Mark B

22nd Jul 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I'm always starting and quitting

I love it too much and always give in.

Quitting is easy tho, just don' do it anymore it's easier than people make out however you have to WANT to do it or t won't work

Have never tried Any of those gums or patches. No point in replacing an addiction to nicotine with nicotine it will suck for 3 days and then you be fine
BarnshaW

22nd Jul 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have quit for 4 weeks now, got past one week and the cravings have gone, dont feel the need to buy them now, noticed the extra money, dont feel short breathed at work ever, dont get bad breath anymore.

Have still yet to go out drinking though and see if i have the willpower to make that, if i can do that then i consider myself to have succesfully quit.
Jambo

22nd Jul 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done barndoor
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first day is the hardest, I quit for about 3 years before I started again, had a smoke when I was pissed - never a good move
owz

22nd Jul 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
quote:
Originally posted by owz

do you spend time in smokey environments as thats what champix is supposed to do it makes you feel sick if you try to have a fag same affect if people are smoking around you

nahh was literally at home on my own all day lolout of work atm

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone trying to quit smoking? 22 database queries in 0.0114300 seconds