corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What do you do when desperate for money?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What do you do when desperate for money?
Tom

User status: Offline
26th Jul 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lend it.
csweatherston

26th Jul 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i get low on funds, i ask to work weekends.
A weekend lye in effectively costs me £50 per day
CORSA NUT

26th Jul 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we've had to sell a few bits recently

My fucking Scooby was the main one but also a nearly new rowing machine and a new set of 17" tyres that i should have got more for!
Twitch

26th Jul 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to be the same as me then.
As a respose to some people's answers. I dont drink it doesnt apeal to me. I've been un employed since realisticly september last year i apply at about 4-5 jobs a day i've even started looking into moving away from home and everyone i know. A lot of things i own are now gone so im limited to what i can sell. corsa is the next big one as i cant really hold out any longer >.<
Haimsey
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I remember rightly, alex made a fair whack one night as a taxi

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Paul_J

26th Jul 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twitch do you think your condition has anything to do with why they aren't hiring you? i.e. are you fully qualified for the roles you are applying to?

- You could probably sue for discrimination.
Twitch

26th Jul 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its pretty much the only reason they dont hire me but its to hard to prove. i have to notify them as its not something i can exactly hide. Althought im a fully qualifided fitness instructor first aider. have 4 years exp in customer service and sale. managment in retail and secruity work. no one is ever interested >.<
nathy_87

26th Jul 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell stuff tat i never use any mroe liek jsut now i've got rid of a few Nintendo Wii Games that I never play any more. Money I got from them went straight into my bank
Whittie

26th Jul 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
If I remember rightly, alex made a fair whack one night as a taxi

Yup! When I was 17 and times were hard, If you live in a small town and know a fair few people, become a taxi for the night. £70+ easily, for £10 petrol.

I've sold bits I didn't need before now to get some money, old laptop, old tvs, always chuck clothes on eBay rather than recycling them too. Best thing I ever did was go to a car boot, with a car full of complete shit, and walk away with a few hundred quid.

I've not had to sell stuff for a while now, so its all good
Root

26th Jul 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

budget, sell stuff, borrow. Never steal unless it was literally life/death situation or something as serious
Jamie Walby

26th Jul 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just cut back on my spending really! Luckily I have never been desperate as such. I tend to see that I am getting ahead of myself before its too late and cut back. Though I did recently pay out for a tattoo and forgot I had to pay for my holiday
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Jul 10 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually borrow although I'm fairly lucky with credit rating etc.

Better than that is selling things which I usually leave too late and still need to end up borrowing anyway.

Best is working harder, done a few web sites for people, even the odd bit of manual labour. Car washing was the most fun I ever had making money.
adiohead

26th Jul 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
its pretty much the only reason they dont hire me but its to hard to prove. i have to notify them as its not something i can exactly hide. Althought im a fully qualifided fitness instructor first aider. have 4 years exp in customer service and sale. managment in retail and secruity work. no one is ever interested >.<

That's pretty harsh of companies

What about the benefits? or are they stupidly low??
Ben G

26th Jul 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Better than that is selling things which I usually leave too late and still need to end up borrowing anyway.

Best is working harder, done a few web sites for people, even the odd bit of manual labour. Car washing was the most fun I ever had making money.

wash my car in a borat mankini for a tenner?
Eck
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you applied to McDonald's and the like? I've never been in the situation where I need to sell things. If I ever over spend, my maw and paw deal with it
Paul_J

26th Jul 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Have you applied to McDonald's and the like? I've never been in the situation where I need to sell things. If I ever over spend, my maw and paw deal with it

Unskilled jobs like that will be under high demand. It's a myth that it will be easy to get a job like that.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jul 10 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The turnover may also be higher and it's worth a try.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At what point did I say that it would be an easy job to get? But the amount of people I know who need a job but say "Am I fuck working there" is staggering.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jul 10 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
At what point did I say that it would be an easy job to get?
You suggested it to him, which you wouldn't have done if it was a bum steer.
Jamie Walby

26th Jul 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I want to make a comment about bonuses because of that other thread but I wont
Carl

26th Jul 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best way to get a job if you are proper struggling is to invest some time volunteering Twitch. I did it out of uni and it led to a job that day, was at a local leisure centre, the guy who I was meeting about volunteering with him asked me what I was doing, said didn't have job, so he walked me to the bar and restraunt they had there and asked if they had any jobs and I ended up working their part time while volunteering. Then the volunteering led me into a job in health, same job i've just gone back to after ending a fixed term contract in the NHS.
Tiger

26th Jul 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
I put my red light on tbh

Although in all seriousness, I just stop spending money I'll borrow a tenner for petrol if I'm that desperate.

A tenner!? How far does that get you?
Generation

26th Jul 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Lend it.

You can't lend it, if you have no money you retard
Twitch

26th Jul 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant really work with food because of my twitching. i used to be on benifits but i was trying to get myself back into collage and it was accepted so now because i go there two days a week im no longer entitled to it. Trying to re apply for DLA but thats harder to get than Job seekers. and seem you can only get job seekers if your black smell and cant speak english....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What do you do when desperate for money? 23 database queries in 0.0128388 seconds