corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Strange Fears/Phobias

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange Fears/Phobias
C2RL R

User status: Offline
1st Aug 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get freaked out by the thought of being in space. that scene in the movie Sunshine really bothers me. where they are moving from one ship to the other and 2 of them haven't got space suits on. fucking horrible!
Matt H

1st Aug 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sleep tight Colin.
Colin

1st Aug 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont particularly like heights, like im ok with most things but I recon scrambling up a vertical ladder to the top of the drill derrik would be beyond me, top of the flare boom would be worrying as well. Thankfully ive yet to be asked to go up either of those!!
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate bees and wasps and things Flies also, but not as much.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Colin

1st Aug 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

Sleep tight Colin.

Our wells dont flow themselves anyway so theres no chance of a deepshit horizon happening!!
LeeM

1st Aug 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heights, although i can fly, climb, abseil etc. the thought of a skydive however makes me feel sick
Matt H

1st Aug 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I dont particularly like heights, like im ok with most things but I recon scrambling up a vertical ladder to the top of the drill derrik would be beyond me, top of the flare boom would be worrying as well. Thankfully ive yet to be asked to go up either of those!!

Same here, I fucking hate those steel steps. Soon as you look down you shit one!

I had to go up this on a very cold & snowy January morning with a massive massive hangover. Fucking horrible experience Honestly wanted to cry

Colin

1st Aug 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Flare boom - theres steps going right up to that platform, apparently it takes 10mins to climb. All of it is just steel grating, think i'd be asking for a harness at least!!

Shell
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm sunbathing/lying on the grass or something, I have to have my head to the side, because if I look straight up and all I see is sky, I REALLY get petrified. It's a horrible feeling, because it's as though my body doesn't realise it's actually on the ground, and seems to think I'm very high up. I think this comes from nightmares I used to have that I was on like an inflatable mattress thing, way up in the clouds, lying on my back right at the edge with my head hanging off. I often have nightmares here I'm up incredibly high, very close to falling. It's icky.
Corsa_Sport21

1st Aug 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving past Scoonie Golf Course scares the shit out of me.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
And this...

Would hate to be in a small boat next to that, or be in that huge swimming pool

There's nothing better than small, powerful boats, next to big ships

Mine is coconut, not a phobia but an irrational, unprecedented hatred of all things coconut - the smell, taste, texture, look, just everything about coconuts.

There aren't enough registered sufferers of a phobia of coconuts to give it a name (I researched ) so I've decided that its coconuphobia (pronounced coco-new-phobia)
Colin

1st Aug 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont particularly like helicopters either but I get the pleasure of boarding one at least twice a month so ive just got to get on with it really, sometimes in all weathers!!
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although it's fake, this pic sums up my fear of water.

Anty
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heights, spyders, Bugs.. i get goose pimples when somthing bad has happend in the world, dont like water ie boats, seeing as i sunk my over / rover few years ago in a flood..lol
Matt L

1st Aug 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb

[Edited on 01-08-2010 by glb]

its the hole in that pic that scares me most tbh.

mine would probably be getting stuck in tight spaces although i can go into small spaces aslong as i know i can get back out so not really claustraphobic (sp).

spiders just because i dont like them

heights im ok with like ontop of tall buildings etc but get me in an arean like men where im sitting at the very back then ill start to feel sick but after about 5mins ill be fine.

this is more ocd than anything but everything has to be on an even number (volume, temp etc) really winds me up when people dont ,

oh and i dont like people touching my nose or front of my neck
AndyKent

1st Aug 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a fan of ladders. Heights I can cope with, but climbing up or down ladders makes me nervous.

I figure that once you're on solid ground (or scaffolding, or a platform or whatever) its fine, but slipping off the middle of a ladder would be horrible.

Not great for a building surveyor
Shell
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

LOL! A rogue golf ball missed Ecks windscreen by millimeters when we drove past the other day.
Corsa_Sport21

1st Aug 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

LOL! A rogue golf ball missed Ecks windscreen by millimeters when we drove past the other day.

The Volvo would just laugh at a golf ball if it hit it.
Seegeemusic

1st Aug 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a massive fan of deep sea also sea weed makes me go all funny when I can feel it under my feet
chr15barn3s

1st Aug 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't like lifts! I try and avoid where ever possible il go in them but always feel my heart beating faster and getting nervous. Not sure why really? I know they will never fall so maybe it's a clostraphobia (sp) issue?
jonnysri

1st Aug 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Although it's fake, this pic sums up my fear of water.

my thoughts exactly. i cant swin in deep water for that exact reason
MarkSport

1st Aug 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to go that diving place
MarkSport

1st Aug 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
heights, although i can fly

You can fly ?
Ellis

1st Aug 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:

Same here, I fucking hate those steel steps. Soon as you look down you shit one!

I had to go up this on a very cold & snowy January morning with a massive massive hangover. Fucking horrible experience Honestly wanted to cry

That's my wallpaper at work
Adam C
Premium Member

1st Aug 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spiders is a day to day one, small ones are not a problem but house spiders and anything bigger i just cant stand, and can easily spend a good half hour just standing near it trying to build up the courage to put a glass over it to get rid of it, would hate living in Australia with the bloody size of them over there.

Heights Im hit and miss with tbh, Im ok in planes and look out the window and think nothing of it but the thought of being at the top of a tall building like the trade towers makes me sick, imagining being stuck at the top and unable to get down as the planes have hit, theres smoke filling the room and the only way out is through a broken window at the very top of the building..not a nice thought

Im ok with water, the sea and deep swimming pools don't bother me, but seeing that diving picture with that massive hole/well just creeps me out.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Strange Fears/Phobias 23 database queries in 0.0116611 seconds