corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » arden blue X16XE<<Forsale //astra bertone se2 New car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author arden blue X16XE<<Forsale //astra bertone se2 New car
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
29th Aug 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a few parts from my mates to take the rust off & paint them up they have came up alright heres a few pics

Bought loads of this & put it all in a storage box & dropped a few parts in

This is before they went in ..

This is after.. quite a while scrubbing with the wirebrush and they had been soaked in vinegar over night & painted

theese will be getting another coat after i have sanded a few of the drips out .. but they do look a lot better now than they did im going to get some wire wheels for the drill tomorrow so i will be doing a few more parts .. got the roll bar soaking in vinegar now with a few more bits & bobs
ash-ov-boro

5th Sep 10 at 04:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well will be sorting some stuff out on monday also my mot is coming up & i hav just put 12 months tax on it got till end of month to sort a few silly problems on my car will be cleaning the sport engine block up monday hopefully .. also going to john daves paints to get some paint for the compressor & gun going to get the hang of spraying aswell few bits need doing on the car would rather have ago my self then if i muck up my mates dad sprays so he will sort me out on the cheap will be buyin some more parts for the car very soon
ash-ov-boro

6th Sep 10 at 05:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which spoiler should i go for?

i think the black but it would be a change to use the blue one

hopefully get some wire wheels for the drill tomorrow to clean some rust of the parts of the sport then will get them painted up

i know its going slow for now guys but things will pick up soon after MOT
ash-ov-boro

15th Sep 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well car passed its MOT today with flying colours

got quite alot of parts to sell & get rid of before i start buying any more stuff no space..

but im going to sort the engine ready to go in this week will get some pics up

bought an arden blue wing not the best of condition but better than mine was theres no gap now will get some pics tomorrow when i give the car a good clean

took the angel eyes off didnt want them anyways put them in cause my lights where fucked now i got some more standards for now untill i get my self some morrettes

mudflaps are now on but not straight what a piss about they where too get on

ash-ov-boro

21st Sep 10 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just as things are starting to go good some basterd shot a wine bottle through my rear window cunts so i have had to put the black sport boot on mine as they hit the rear of the boot & dented mine

well car is defoe's getting moved of my mates drive tomorrow so i can start sorting my car & getting bits & pieces ready to fit the engine

im also on the look out for some Morrettes & calibra rear bench seat then i can stick my black & blue leather bucket seats in will be retrimming the door cards my self

will get some of the car sorted over this next week
ash-ov-boro

24th Sep 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black corsa went to the scrapyard today so we have some space to paint the engine up ect: ready to go in can't wait I've had nothing but problems with this 1.0 12v going to start ordering some parts I need want to clean the engine bay too before I drop the sport engine in
ash-ov-boro

4th Oct 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a few more parts cleaned up & painted small update really

first of all the HID bulbs from ebay £7 odd posted its not a hid kit its just bulbs will be getting the hid kit soon though but theese a better than standards for now

next is some rear spax adjustable shocks & springs from the black sport not in the best of condition but nothing a bit of paint wont sort

got the brake pedal box all painted up cant think of the propper name for it

Pic of the steering rack all painted up not the best of pics but does the job

got pics of the black sport before it went on the scrap van but pointless putting them on

updates should come quicker now as i have more time on my hands so tomorrow going to tackle the engine & get it clean ready for painting
ash-ov-boro

9th Oct 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few pics of the engine

and the front suspension from the sport
ash-ov-boro

6th Nov 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got started on the engine doing bits at a time finaly stripped it down enough to get a lick of paint on it ..

heres a pic of it when i just gave it a quick wizz over with the grinder and the wire wheel

didnt get no pics of it after i finished grinding all the shit off it will get pics of it painted up tomorrow as by the time i finished painting it it was dark

also got the gearbox cleaned up what a nightmare it was .. and its also painted up will get better pics up tomorrow

also painted up the starter motor,alternator just to tidy them up a little

cleaned up the top of the inlet aswell but that will be getting sprayed not brushed on the will do the bottom half

will get some more pics up tomorrow will be putting the lowering springs and rear spax on next week want to clean the spax up first got a little rust on them
will have a bit of cash to play with next week too
ash-ov-boro

7th Nov 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got cracking Again got the engine painted up abit more just needs another coat on each side and touchin up in a few places then its sorted .. well by the time we got our arses in gear and got 1 side painted it was dark again so out come the light the only thing that was keepin us warm it was fu*king freezing again tonight

well heres 2 more pics of the engine how we left it today

looking better already just need to clean up the top half of the engine,grind all the shit off sump get that painted up then its just a case of putting it all back together with all gasket seals replaced

then sorting the wiring out which im dreading doing

shouldnt be long before she go's in but we have to work fast now gets dark to early think i might have to purchase some site lights
ash-ov-boro

7th Nov 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will get some pics up of the car tomorrow the angel eyes have gone its got mudflaps its had a new wing its now got a black boot and spoiler on it & a horrid pair of lexarse lights that will be going soon

will give car a clean tomorrow and get some pics up

not doing nothing to the exterior till i get the engine sorted then i will go from there got a good few quid saved for the car though
ash-ov-boro

10th Nov 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

passenger side.. bottom of the wing has lost a bolt so it hangin off at the bottom will be gettin sorted tomorrow

drivers side..

black boot will be getting smoothed & dewiperd when it comes to spraying it

here's the wonkey mudflaps & exhaust

lowerd the rear of car today it seems dead bouncy & hard need to sort something out as its a bit rough on the speed humps around here but the shocks have the rear adjuster's so will have a play with them tomorrow

not that much of a difference with the springs hoping to go lower will get pics of the rear of the car tomorrow as it was dark & hopefully they will settle a little lower

will give the car a clean tomorrow & get some pics up hopefully will have the front of the car lowerd as it needs doing badly & will be puttin the engine back togeter ready to go in wantit in before christmas
ash-ov-boro

26th Nov 10 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been getting all the last bits and bobs sorted ready for the engine swap..

sorted the full x16xe wiring out it was in a right mess but 60m of electritian tape later it was all sorted out and nice and tidy what a nightmare it was

also tidy'd all the hoses up cleaned them and give them a little spray of tyre black which made them all shiney black again

orderd the headgasket set and that came yesterday

orderd the gearbox gasket set should be here later today

going to pick up the sump gasket & oil filter,spark plugs,airfilter ect: later today

then all thats left to do is clean the head of the engine and start fitting everything back onto it ready to go in when this weather calms down ...

will try and get some pics up of the car later today needs a good clean but theres no point with the snow now and im hopefully going to pick up my gsi bumper today or saturday
JordyCarter

26th Nov 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not half bad that mate. Id deffo considier putting the std lights back on. The lexus ones are outdated now imo
belton

26th Nov 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to see it coming along so well, will look very nice when it's done, all Arden with White cav slabs
ash-ov-boro

26th Nov 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads yep the exhaust & lexarse lights are going acctually im going to change the rear lights soon when i get the time
ash-ov-boro

28th Nov 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just picked up my gsi bumper from Linch cheers buddy :thumbs bargain at £60 ...

not the best of pic but it will do..
ash-ov-boro

4th Dec 10 at 04:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started refurbing my alloys as they where kurbed to fuck done the sanding and 2 are in primer im going to finish the rest tomorrow as ive ran out of masking tape

will try and get some pics need to get a new digi cam as the iphone is shit for pictures

cant do nothing with the engine with it been snowing gutted really as i wanted it in before christmas doubt the snow will clear now till after christmas so i will just keep getting parts for it and getting everything ready for when i do it ...
SEAN_P_

6th Dec 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Areet ash

can u borrow or buy your engine crane lol
ash-ov-boro

6th Dec 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates got it at the minute mate but once hes finished you could borrow it no problem im hoping to use it again after the snow has gone to get the x16xe in are you in any rush like mate ..
SEAN_P_

6th Dec 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yes and no lol

got to put the 16 in me black corsa
And take the gsi lump out my blue one lol
ash-ov-boro

6th Dec 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you rent one from up your way ?
SEAN_P_

6th Dec 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got told 100 deposit

30 for a week
ash-ov-boro

6th Dec 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soon as my mates finished with it m8 will u2u you but i cant see him doing much to the car in this weather will let you know whats going on sean ...

£30 isnt bad for a week they wanted £25 for 2 days down here you swapping engines in this weather ?
Corsa_Scotty

7th Dec 10 at 04:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing well so far mate. Engine bays going to be nice and tidy This deffo isnt the time of year to be swapping an engine i must say and the snow is really starting to annoy me aswell because i cant bloody get mine in for it

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » arden blue X16XE<<Forsale //astra bertone se2 New car 23 database queries in 0.0185969 seconds