corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honestly, bloody indicators

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honestly, bloody indicators
John

User status: Offline
19th Aug 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Filtering is just overtaking (or undertaking) the usual rules apply.
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
All this cutting about in leather and purple helmets is turning you into a nonce daimo, if a driver.pulls out in front of you without indicating do as i have done, if its dangerous enough to you just lift your left leg on the way passed them and make the car sans wing mirror. If theyre not usinf them anyway they wont miss it

Been there in my youth kicking mirrors off.
Nearly got done for it, criminal damage or something. I don't do it these days. far more likey to pull over and start punching the window instead.
ShEp

19th Aug 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
im not allowed to use them

Did the original owner ti the optional extras box? If not I'm afraid you Don't have them!

Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom.....

Nath

19th Aug 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try living in the roundabout capital of the World. No cunt bothers indicating. Does my head in.
antnee

19th Aug 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Majority of bikers I see on the road are wankers
ENB

19th Aug 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Majority of people I see on the road are wankers
antnee

20th Aug 10 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I kill this topic a little with that statement?
dannymccann

20th Aug 10 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ENB
quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Majority of people I see on the road are wankers

+1

I am an inexperienced driver (5 years at 22) and a very inexperienced biker (1 year ) but agree completely here with Daimo. I see it every morning, and I only drive 8 miles to work - dickheads in the wrong lane, no indicators, indicators where they SHOULDNT be (ever seen some old coffin dodger going down the 60mph limit at 40 with a random indicator on on a straight road!? ), mums in school wagons sitting about a nats cock away from my arse while I stick to the 30mph limit while going past the school THEIR kids go to, I mean WTF

And on to my biking experience, you get cars which insist on sitting on the middle line, that's fine, you sit there on that line, I'll still go round you, just have to wait 5 seconds more while theres a space in the opposite lane of traffic And I dont understand the argument car drivers have about bikers 'stealing' their front of the line space at train crossings or traffic lights??? 99/100 times by the time you've shifted it back into first gear when the light goes orange they will be out of sight anyway, and even if they do stall it at the light, which I have done a couple of times as I am a noob, just steer round them

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by dannymccann]
Gareth F

20th Aug 10 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When ever a biker comes up behind me i actaully drive over to the left so they can even squeeze through with on comming traffic. They in turn put their hand up and im happy but when they dont they get a flash and two fingers.
Daimo not all bikers are clever, like the one that over took me (didnt even see him coming in a 40) on a blind corner heavily banked mid corner with on coming car.
I have seen a fair few bikers just plowing through with no regards to safety, like the one who was "filtering" through traffic doing 70mph at atleast 80mhp.....
not good...
nathy_87

20th Aug 10 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really bugs me when you move over for them (the bikers) and they don't say thank you.
Daimo B

20th Aug 10 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree, theres a lot of awful bikers out there who take stupid risks and put car drivers, and moreso themselves at risks.

I value my life a bit more. End of the day, if i undertake/filter before allowing a car to pull in, irrespective of them using their indicators or not, I will get hurt, and not the car driver.

So whilst he may be at fault, i'll still be worse off. You cannot totally stop the risk, but a bit of common sense massivly reduces it.

Plus, for me, i think it your bombing past cars, filtering whey to fast, fly past 2" from peoples mirrors, then your putting bikers in the typical bad light, just like young modified car drivers, and I hate being branded.

Show a little respect to other road users and all that. Doesn't stop me having my fun, I just do it when theres no cars about.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honestly, bloody indicators 22 database queries in 0.0118339 seconds