corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Have you ever

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Have you ever
RyanSxi

User status: Offline
27th Aug 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a mate were best men a few months back and offered to pay as our mate is struggling for cash. I didnt mind too much to be fair, woulda annoyed me a bit more had it been expected.
Ben J

27th Aug 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
felt like this
when strange things happen
are you going round the twist

totally nothing to do with your post but that was the first thing that came to mind

Same here

still no pics of the bird?

Then...

Now...

Tamsin West was the first Linda Twist to grace our screens and is in fact the voice behind the famous Round the Twist theme song! Tamsin is now living in London where she has been following her other great passion - singing and she has regular gigs with jazz bands in London.
Tamsin is thoroughly enjoying living overseas and says that her primary hobby at the moment is travelling. Tamsin says that the whole Round the Twist experience was wonderful and that Round the Twist was both hard work but also the most fun she has ever had in her life!

Tamsin is surprised at just how many people still recognise her as Linda Twist. She still cannot believe that she was pooped on by thousands of seagulls, covered by spaghetti and sat on a toilet with a ghost!!

[Edited on 27-08-2010 by Ben J]
3CorsaMeal

27th Aug 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one Ben
Laney

27th Aug 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've gotta pay for my own at my sisters wedding
Kevxx

27th Aug 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not getting this, whats the big deal? if you were asked to be an usher, surely your close with these people? it's rental of a suit for one day, i'd be happy i was there to support a mate.
ENB

27th Aug 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone paid for their suit hire at my wedding. We did buy the bridesmaids dresses though.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Aug 10 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every wedding I've ever staffed, everything was paid for and I just wore it.

Most recent one I even got free shoes out of because my mate bought them instead of hiring.

Perhaps if they were skint you could offer to do that, but I would be pissed if it was dropped on me.

I'm having a registry office affair, in a suit I'll later wear for work, in wedding cars from an Ebay search for GSi price low-high, reception transport in a fleet of Ford Tourneos with similar credentials. The vehicles will be sold afterwards to pay for said suit.

Everyone is happy, especially me.

[Edited on 27-08-2010 by Ian]
Nath

27th Aug 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt pay a penny towards anything except my hotel room when I was an usher.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Aug 10 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got free hotel rooms as well.
Nath

27th Aug 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was discounted. Better than nowt
Steve
Premium Member

27th Aug 10 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

peoples fucking weddings. Noone wants to be there, youre basically paying people to go so no i wouldnt pay for an outfit chosen by someone else. If you cant afford the full works goto a registry office or dont get married!
Ben G

27th Aug 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what pikeys to even have the front to ask someone to pay their own hire costs is unebelivable.

benefits losers.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Aug 10 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to pay for my suit when i was best man

its fucking wrong if you ask me
Ben G

27th Aug 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
costing about £7k all in for my wedding in Vegas including honeymoon to hawaii.
would of cost around £30k to have over here.
£30k for one day or £7k for 2 weeks, hmmm which ones best

yes, someone see's the light

my uncle got married in the dominican republic. wedding + honeymoon for about 5k. guaranteed sun and heat.

as if you'd get married here, it's just a rip off.
mwg

28th Aug 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
i'm not getting this, whats the big deal? if you were asked to be an usher, surely your close with these people? it's rental of a suit for one day, i'd be happy i was there to support a mate.

Yes I am close to them so I would of thought they'd be paying for it to happen seen as though they are the ones that want all this? I'm not arsed if they get married or not
craig8
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im close to the people who are my ushers and the mrs is close to her bridesmaids but like fuck would we expect them to pay for their own kilts and dresses, thats just not how it works if we ask them to wear a certain thing thats our choice and our cost to consume, now if any other guests wanted to wear matching kilts but not as ushers then thats fair game, they can pay for their own

E36 328

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Have you ever 23 database queries in 0.2539101 seconds