corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple September Announcements (Keynote)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple September Announcements (Keynote)
ed

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does some of what you want it to. You want to be able to rent and buy movies over the internet - optical media is so last decade. But it's missing out on the rest - you want to be able to play your video collection off of your PC on it. Be it stuff you've downloaded illegally or your holiday video that you've recorded on your video camera.
Bart

2nd Sep 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It does some of what you want it to. You want to be able to rent and buy movies over the internet - optical media is so last decade. But it's missing out on the rest - you want to be able to play your video collection off of your PC on it. Be it stuff you've downloaded illegally or your holiday video that you've recorded on your video camera.

I dont know that much about it, but I wonder if it'll play videos from itunes on your PC?
technically, you can import all your videos into itunes, but that would be very long winded and would leave laggy itunes slowing down even more.

I'll stick with my C200 for now I think....
ed

2nd Sep 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could easily encode all your videos to H.264 with AAC LC audio using FFMPEG or similar and then it would play them. It just wouldn't be as convenient and it annoys some people.
A2H GO

2nd Sep 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if i bought Apple TV, i wouldn't be able to play all my movies because it doesn't support AVI's?

Can you watch Youtube and iPlayer etc on it?

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by A2H GO]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll