corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog Day - Updated - Bought one

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dog Day - Updated - Bought one
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Sep 10 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you all know what type of dog I'm going to recommend...
Neo

6th Sep 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
Get an Akita!

I agree, mine is great, easy to train and hasn't once chewed/killed anything in the flat she isnt meant to
KerryP

6th Sep 10 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Collie is the only dog i would ever have.

A2H GO

6th Sep 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Recaro1
quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
My brother got a dog a few weeks ago. He got to chose the breed, but his girlfriend got to name it, so he now has a German sheppard called Mindy.

Thats brilliant Proper male dog choice and a girly name

Only thing about those dogs (Pomeranian) is you'll have to cut the shit out of its bum hair I reckon.

I watched the Saturdays doing this to their pomperanian's on their show last week.
A2H GO

6th Sep 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Mate's Mum has one of them pom's and it's the most annoying dog i have ever encountered, Just fucking Yap's at everything and everybody, It's more rodent than dog if you ask me.

This also puts me off, little dog syndrome.
A2H GO

6th Sep 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Get an Akita!

I agree, mine is great, easy to train and hasn't once chewed/killed anything in the flat she isnt meant to

Just googled, lovely dogs but not my thing. I'm not much for when you can see their bum hole.

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by A2H GO]
Norcy91

6th Sep 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Get an Akita!

Amber, the 2 year old, doesn't chew much anymore, used to have a go at drawers in the bedrooms when she was teething though... Kingston, the one from dogs trust, is partially blind and deaf and is just teething now... So hes at the right height to bite knees, shins, feet and hands if they smell of food, doesn't help that he can't see properly so doesn't know if theres actually food in your hand or not!
Norcy91

6th Sep 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Get an Akita!

Just googled, lovely dogs but not my thing. I'm not much for when you can see their bum hole.

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by A2H GO]

Theres an easy way round this! Her tails fluffy so i just push it down to cover it, works most of the time, just gets a bit repetitive
RichR
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Springer Spaniel - absoloutly Mad, you physically can not wear them out; they're so good natured and very, very easy to train. Our 4month old one is brilliant off the lead already. I take her out into the fields and she'll run round and round until she can't physically run anymore; then she'll have a drink and start again!
Matty SRi

6th Sep 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Great Dane/ Rottweiler!
Shell
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guys, he's said he needs a little, easy to maintain dog. Not a giant akita or a crazy Springer
RichR
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't suggesting a Springer, if anything I was giving a reason why he shouldn't

My cousin lives in a city centre, bought a Springer Pup - the same one we now have. She needs open space, big fields and plenty of walks. A quick stroll round the park won't do it!!! You simply can't wear her out, ever! Gets me out in the fresh air though and she is so well natured, they're a good breed for that - We've had several Springers and never had one so much as nip someone.

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by LiVe LeE]
Shell
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad had a springer and as you say they are nutters with endless energy. He had to give him up when his new job required much more of his time. He now has two very lazy bassett hounds he's had one for four years and I adore her, and got the male recently(doesn't breed them btw)
Gary
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Border terrier all they way

Although you need to own a flat cap and tweed coat to own one

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by glb]
cavmad

6th Sep 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to say I always saw 'handbag' dogs as a bit gay.
My missus decided she wanted a Bichon Frise, so I got her one and said I'd never walk it and would have fuck all to do with it.
Now I've got her one I've changed my mind, it's a fucking ace little thing.
Nath

6th Sep 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a Yorkshire Terrier and although small and a bit girly it's still a fun little dog. Very playful and well behaved too. Doesn't yap that much compared to other ones.
Colin

6th Sep 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to get a dog, but i'm away from home 20 weeks a year & Jade's work is 40mins away from home so its not practical
Budgie

6th Sep 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Recaro1
Thats brilliant Proper male dog choice and a girly name

german shepherd called mika
bigboykarl

6th Sep 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

staffy..tbh..very faithful ,great house dogs,quiet(not yappy like yorks terrier),great with kids
A2H GO

6th Sep 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep must be small and faily low maintainence. If i had a big enough place, my family have always had golden retrivers and it would defo be one of them.

The mrs parents have a Bichon Freise cross with a Malteese and its ace, doesnt yap, very playful, doesn't molt, not very clever but that add to its character. We dont' want the same though.

ATM its between a Pom and a pug. Could get a Pugapom
RichR
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate Pugs; A good friend of mine has one; its not the dog per se that I hate; just the fact that years of interbreeding and engineered breeding have left them barely able to breathe, it wheezes all the time and its eyes are on the side of its head so it can't see straight ahead, walkes into table legs etc all the time. Its not right at all
A2H GO

6th Sep 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I hate Pugs; A good friend of mine has one; its not the dog per se that I hate; just the fact that years of interbreeding and engineered breeding have left them barely able to breathe, it wheezes all the time and its eyes are on the side of its head so it can't see straight ahead, walkes into table legs etc all the time. Its not right at all

Bless it. The Mrs parents looks after their friends maltese when they go away and its not right either. Doesn't respond to noise(but its not deaf), chews its own leg(had to wrap it up) and it doesn't even know when its pooing, just does it as its running along
RichR
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have to be washed with baby lotion as well because they're wrinkles get sores otherwise - its just not right I tell thee!!!

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They even have a fucking FB profile for it!
strick206

6th Sep 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
They even have a fucking FB profile for it!

That's not right tbh

I want a dog, either a staffy or a huskie type dog or akita

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog Day - Updated - Bought one 22 database queries in 0.1297438 seconds