corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My S2000 Castle Combe Vids...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My S2000 Castle Combe Vids...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
12th Sep 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Looks alot better in the second video Still a tad twitchy? Or is that just the bumpyness of the curcuit?

Sounds nice though and looks very quick on the straight. Standard engine?

Yeah in the 2nd vid it is still fairly twitchy, but far easier to control (needs less steering input) - which is the difference between having the dampers super soft and having them firm. The bumps didn't help either.

Thing is, I was pushing the car and tyres fairly hard both sessions, I could've driven it around a lot slower and it wouldn't of been twitchy / sliding at all. These are crappy Falken 452s and they just overheat so easily.

The car isn't actually that fast in a straight line, I've raced my old 106 gti and it's about even believe it or not. I think it just seemed fast in the vid because I was carrying a lot of speed out of the bends / not braking a lot before turning in compared to the people I was passing.

I was roughly exiting camp at 80-85 mph - so if someone else is exiting at 60 - i'll gain on them pretty fast on the straight.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SOOOO fucking pissed i missed out on this, just got back from spain like half hour ago, missed this, trax AND my dads mate works at Audi had 2 free tickets to "1000km at Silverstone" which as some of you lot know is 10mins from my front door

gutted and pissed are the 2 words that come to mind!

ohwell always next year (unless theres anymore WR events this year??)
Adam_B

12th Sep 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the comedy super fast steering in that first video

[Edited on 12-09-2010 by Adam_B]
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adam!

i missed you at CITP, couldnt find you anywhere..

did you gets pics?
Rob B

12th Sep 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Rob, I only noticed that saxo had semi slicks after the session. Did it have anything else? I noticed a 4 branch manifold, filter and exhaust... Was going well, I caught it once, then had to wait for Chris, then caught the saxo again and slid off the track I wanted to go past

Just semi slicks, exhaust manifold, cat back and filter.

It also has about 10mm of play in the beam now so it wasn't at it's best
Rob B

12th Sep 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

I feel like that in the VR compared to the 350

Rubbish isnt it

Rob I saw your mate take an astra mk3 on the left in his R26 out of the last chicaine whilst graham88 went around the right. I thought that was going to end in tears

Yeah Charlie has never paid particular attention to the rules. He mentioned something about the MPS going off when he was behind him so might of been that situation.
Adam_B

12th Sep 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
adam!

did you gets pics?

Yeah i did but you fucked off well early, i did see you but you were elbows deep in a GT40.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
adam!

did you gets pics?

Yeah i did but you fucked off well early, i did see you but you were elbows deep in a GT40.

cock deep you mean..

we got there at 10am. we left at 1pm.
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Looks alot better in the second video Still a tad twitchy? Or is that just the bumpyness of the curcuit?

Sounds nice though and looks very quick on the straight. Standard engine?

Yeah in the 2nd vid it is still fairly twitchy, but far easier to control (needs less steering input) - which is the difference between having the dampers super soft and having them firm. The bumps didn't help either.

Thing is, I was pushing the car and tyres fairly hard both sessions, I could've driven it around a lot slower and it wouldn't of been twitchy / sliding at all. These are crappy Falken 452s and they just overheat so easily.

The car isn't actually that fast in a straight line, I've raced my old 106 gti and it's about even believe it or not. I think it just seemed fast in the vid because I was carrying a lot of speed out of the bends / not braking a lot before turning in compared to the people I was passing.

I was roughly exiting camp at 80-85 mph - so if someone else is exiting at 60 - i'll gain on them pretty fast on the straight.

Supose thats the case then. I was getting into 5th just before the slight turn into quarry which I think is about 110 (didnt really have time to look ) 106/saxo are quick for what they are, just hope I can get my yoko semi slicks on asap

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Rob B

12th Sep 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we were exiting camp at 78 - 80 in the saxo
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To compare.

I used to hit about 115-120 mph in my 106 gti down the straight and hit about 120-124mph in the s2000.

I brake quite late for quarry / still accel over avon rise.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was doing about 115 down that straight
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To compare.

I used to hit about 115-120 mph in my 106 gti down the straight and hit about 120-124mph in the s2000.

I brake quite late for quarry / still accel over avon rise.

I always pussy out and brake before then pop into 3rd as I go over

Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

talking of brakes, first time i got to test those 300mm ones out, they were really really good, such an improvement no fade whatsoever either
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
talking of brakes, first time i got to test those 300mm ones out, they were really really good, such an improvement no fade whatsoever either

Should've just upgraded pads to Ferodo DS2500s.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the ds2500s are crap until they get pretty warm.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Sep 10 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recorded 107mph peak GPS before Avon.

[Edited on 12-09-2010 by Ian]
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think the ds2500s are crap until they get pretty warm.

... which doesn't take long on track.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, true i guess.
big eck

12th Sep 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great vid, the track looks bumpy as fook tho.
chrex

12th Sep 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good vids there Paul. looks like you had a good time.

How much oil did it go though? you still got the 5w/30 in it?

The DS2500's are amazing all the time i find, and im using them on the road...so they wont ever get 'properly' hot. The bite on them is fantastic even from cold...

looks like the weather held for you guys too!
Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Should've just upgraded pads to Ferodo DS2500s.

nah i had mintex 1144's on my old 258mm brakes they are as good as the ferrodos imo and they faded like a mofo in germany
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had smoke coming off of my 2500's at brands and didnt get any fade. only came in the pits as the tyres went off

Kurt

12th Sep 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the ds2500's on my civic, feel shite on road at initial press but give it a bit when needed and you could stop on a dime
chrex

12th Sep 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i've only been impressed. have got them all round and they are brilliant. i dont lean on my brakes much, so on the road, never really get em up to temp properly, but they still always feel sharp!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My S2000 Castle Combe Vids... 23 database queries in 0.0161650 seconds