corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Combe threads and WR
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Sep 10 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebranding would be a good idea, this site is moe of a community than a Corsa website I feel, try to keep that community as one rather than splitting in to two that may not work.
Cole

12th Sep 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why can't you just have a direct link button like the pizza button over to wr then it would surely get more traffic as I always forget about wr in all fairness
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems a shame to drop the corsa front though as thats all the history of the site

Danny BTW are you xsi on built4track?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I am Gav
Adam_B

12th Sep 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should evolve corsasport into more of an open car culture forum, take the best from the likes of pistonheads, canibeat and fatlace but with the simplicity of CS now. Might be a gamble but its one id take.
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Ok 3 - 2 - 1 lets all log onto WR and have a chat

That's the thing, that short term won't affect things. You're talking about physiological habits and social behaviour here. We as a collective have settled down and called Corsasport 'home'. When we go to sites like WR we are only paying a quick visit and not changing our home (on the internet address).

I use many sites on the internet, but the sites I check daily are:

BBC news = my formal news
Reddit = Everything and Anything RIGHT now.
Hacker News / Tech Crunch = Tech / Start up news and information
Facebook = What are my real friends doing
Twitter = What are important technical people in my domain doing
Corsasport = What is happening in the world of cars and what are my 'car friends' doing.

So for example, if OJC puts a thread on CS about his illness, I actually care and want to read about it. I know that if anyone from CS land does anything I would like to read about, it'll be posted on CS. So I come back to check what's new.

Unless everyone moves to WR, I'll keep coming back to CS... This is why previous attempts to kick start WR from CS have failed, eventually people just move back to CS because everyone is here.

A comparison could be if you were to try to build a competitor to facebook. I wouldn't go use the competitor as I know all my friends are on facebook and not on the new service.
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I think you should evolve corsasport into more of an open car culture forum, take the best from the likes of pistonheads, canibeat and fatlace but with the simplicity of CS now. Might be a gamble but its one id take.

THIS...

Aim to become bigger than pistonheads.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate the layout of PH
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could work on changing the habbit though. when I got a civic I join civictype-r.co.uk and still use that now and its a bit like my second cs. Just takes a bit of time. WR main problem is lack of traffic at the moment.

Just why I thought copying off day over would improve traffic with a bit of banter and give any new members some stuff to look at

gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also out of interest how many new members. ie ones that are on wr only and not cs are there?

Simon

12th Sep 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a reason why there aren't any links to WR on here? I always forget about the place, if I saw some links - in association with WR etc I'd go over there
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I hate the layout of PH

Yes exactly! I don't use PH as the forum software absolutely sucks.

CS is the best car forum layout I've used, simple, clear, easy, fast, nice to use.

If you rebranded CS to general 'cars', built in a track day section and closed WR I think it'd keep growing

Let's be honest, Corsasport has been lucky that they ended up making a Corsa A, B, C and D! ... otherwise the site may have run out of newbies a while ago
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move WR back over to here like it used to be and just rename this site, or keep it as CS but have a section for everything track related.
Cole

12th Sep 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do people really want to see the name corsasport disappear though
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been on WR a few times but nothing seems to happen on it, so I don't bother it's got the potentail to be a great site, the type of thing I'd like, if it was busy
John

12th Sep 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WR back over here as a sub-forum might work, make the WR URL link straight to the sub-forum.
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Do people really want to see the name corsasport disappear though

no ... this is why it's hard, as it's the brand Ian has built up and there's a lot of specific knowledge here.

I'm just thinking make corsasport a sub section of a bigger entity ...

Cole

12th Sep 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just link wr direct from here with a pizza button ffs job done
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
WR back over here as a sub-forum might work, make the WR URL link straight to the sub-forum.

a WR sub forum would work for track discussion, but it'd still make the popular site corsasport and not WR.

Gav is on the right track, putting offday across both... so I could be in WR and post in off day and it shows in CS and visa versa (but I'm not sure if that's technically possible with the way they've built the site).

That way I could use WR daily and still catch most of the banter... That said, I would still mis some interesting posts in gen chat / etc.
djgritt
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Is there a reason why there aren't any links to WR on here? I always forget about the place, if I saw some links - in association with WR etc I'd go over there

Agree

I'm registered on WR too incase of event attendance etc i'm interested in that VxON (my main club/forum i use) don't go to

I forget about the WR forums though
SportBoy

12th Sep 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wr needs new people ie not people from corsasport.

corsasport should be as it is .. a corsa forum.
allso alot of people on here need to climb out there own arses and have a look around , cs does get new people some are thick but telling them that does nothing for cs.
AndyKent

12th Sep 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's such a tricky question.

If you try to split WR from CS you'll always struggle to get people to regularly visit both for the exact reasons Paul posted. Without CS activity the site looks dead and no-one new will join.

Also, I guess declining CS sign ups is down to a declining stock of Bs which people choose to mod. Cs and Ds don't get modded nearly as much - splitting the sites won't really help much with that problem will it?

I think you need to consider merging WR and CS to keep activity high and encourage new sign ups. I would also agree that the WR colour scheme is a bit behind CS and I also prefer the relative plain-ness of here.

Edit - that's not something you can organise in 5 minutes though.....

[Edited on 12-09-2010 by AndyKent]
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the vaux scene is on a bit of a low at the moment. The older models are fading out with the young people. And PVS and vaux stands are now just 90% made up of lines of polished VXR's

[Edited on 12-09-2010 by gavin18787]

Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make this site WR

WR looks visually better then here and its due an overhaul
Jake

12th Sep 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo previously banned members shouldnt have a say

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR 23 database queries in 0.0146990 seconds