corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you object to a site rebranding?

Poll: Would you object to a site rebranding?
  I own a corsa and I support that change
  I dont own a corsa and I support that change
  I own a corsa and i DONT support that change
  I dont own a corsa and i DONT support that change

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you object to a site rebranding?
micra_pete
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn straight.

Colin

13th Sep 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
Corsasport should not rebrand. I've never even owned a corsa and I've been here for years.

Corsasport is a essentially a brand, a change would be bad.

Best forum I have ever used, thats down to the members who keep using it. Even the idiots (cosmo).

The name itself means nothing to me.

^^ This is exactly why it does need to change (in some way) the forum is great without even taking the corsa element into account.

The fact it can retain a member for so long (actually several) that have never owned a piece of what the place is meant to be about speaks volumes!!
djgritt
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do own a Corsa and don't support a rebranding

I joined this site due to it being Corsa specific and not full of kids and/or over-moderation like AllCorsa and others (though I am registered on there and others, I only really ever post on my project thread) - I'm not as young as I was, so appreciate the lack of text chat and the experience of people offering advice in Tech etc on here

The main reason I did join here was for Tech support or Info as my normal haunt, VxON, is used by owners of the larger Vauxhalls - Astra, Cavalier, Vectra etc - so Corsa specific info is limited

I understand that the site has long standing members that have moved on - every car forum has that - however, the long standing members should appreciate that there will still be a flow of newbs who share the same interest that they once did with Corsas, and this interest should be encouraged, not picked apart when stupid questions are posted or a car isn't to someones taste

Site admin should also accept this difference in the membership and consider expanding the forum slightly to cater for non-corsa stuff - eg keep the existing GC forum for all car chat, and create a Corsa or even Vauxhall only GC area

Ojc

13th Sep 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
lipsofmen.co.uk

Phillips_91

13th Sep 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I do own a Corsa and don't support a rebranding

I joined this site due to it being Corsa specific and not full of kids and/or over-moderation like AllCorsa and others (though I am registered on there and others, I only really ever post on my project thread) - I'm not as young as I was, so appreciate the lack of text chat and the experience of people offering advice in Tech etc on here

The main reason I did join here was for Tech support or Info as my normal haunt, VxON, is used by owners of the larger Vauxhalls - Astra, Cavalier, Vectra etc - so Corsa specific info is limited

I understand that the site has long standing members that have moved on - every car forum has that - however, the long standing members should appreciate that there will still be a flow of newbs who share the same interest that they once did with Corsas, and this interest should be encouraged, not picked apart when stupid questions are posted or a car isn't to someones taste

Site admin should also accept this difference in the membership and consider expanding the forum slightly to cater for non-corsa stuff - eg keep the existing GC forum for all car chat, and create a Corsa or even Vauxhall only GC area

Couldn't agree more, i only joined because of the fact it was about corsas, it was the best laid out forum i had seen (i've never bothered with forums before on anything because i dont like the layout of most) and because it would be a great place to get info and help on looking after and modifying my corsa, i feel that if it was to change then i for one would probably leave
Ojc

13th Sep 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look don't worry kids it will stay as CorsaSport us idiots will just have to start using WR more

I wish it wasnt call WR though, I don't want to put stickers in my car as I look like someone who goes down the local roads at the weekend and races my car for slips
MarkM

13th Sep 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I owned a Corsa years ago and I'm still here some 9 or so years ago!!
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Look don't worry kids it will stay as CorsaSport us idiots will just have to start using WR more

I wish it wasnt call WR though, I don't want to put stickers in my car as I look like someone who goes down the local roads at the weekend and races my car for slips

u r

im considering the full WR sticker kit for mine
Nath

13th Sep 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've owned 2 different cars since my Corsa, and both of the other forums I tried to join were shit in comparison to here. I like the forum and the community. It's a good laugh too.
Jake

13th Sep 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely story nath
Nath

13th Sep 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
lovely story nath

Feel the love jake, feel the love.
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Ive been using WR today, its actually quite good, just needs more depth, more content, more members.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has been good today just needs to stay like it not just because ians moaned about it yesterday
taylorboosh

13th Sep 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point in changing the name, its a corsa site, look in projects and you will see that...

may join this weekend racer
SportBoy

13th Sep 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i object!
Dale

13th Sep 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i object aswell
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strongly object. this is steve in typical spam attention seeking mode.

pathetic behaviour.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed
Andrew

13th Sep 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebrand and redirect the domain(s).

But i'm old and doubt i will own another Corsa. Just seems a bit of a child / womens car.
Havoc
Banned

13th Sep 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WR?
gez bay

13th Sep 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think it should be renamed or anything of a kind.
Just needs updating, the old picture up the top right needs new pics and with all corsa's b,c,d etc.

This site has everything, someone will always come up with a solution on here in minutes on how to over come a problem with a corsa.
As other sites take weeks to reply.

I havent owned a corsa for over a year, but when i did have one this site offerd everything i needed.
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also against a re brand. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way as me but I believe that it is Weekend Racer that is the problem, not corsasport. A lot of these threads seem to be related to getting the weekend racer forum to take off more. However, by doing so through the ideas given such as a rebrand of corsasport.co.uk, moving threads over the weekend racer etc is only going to have a negative effect on the corsasport website in my opinion. Plenty of specific car based forums have users have members who do not own the type of car related to the site. I don't see this as an issue at all. Personally I feel its beneficial as there is wider knowledge, appreciation etc for other makes and models.

I think that the best solution to this would be to integrate weekend racer on corsasport in the form of a sub section maybe? That way its able to serve its purpose, allowing members to talk about track events etc without it being a completely separate site that is struggling to get get traffic.

In my opinion, if weekend racer didn't exist we wouldn't be having this discussion

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by shaunmods]
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no if more people turned up to tvl and trax we wouldnt be having this convo
SportBoy

13th Sep 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we wouldnt be having this convo if you were on wr and not here too. asking about rebranding cs

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by SportBoy]
mwg

13th Sep 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ban Steve

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you object to a site rebranding? 22 database queries in 0.0397110 seconds