corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aged 24...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aged 24...
John G

User status: Offline
19th Sep 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
LMAO my bro is 30 next year and has 2 big dustbins as exhaust tips on his s2000 and its fucking loud!

whos your brother?
Scotty C

19th Sep 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to get a loud exhaust but recently (as in the last couple of days) have decided to have a quiet-ish one.
JaffaTB

19th Sep 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

many i time ive bought a loud exhaust and fitted it, and then refitted my standard one again after a week of driving it around

im 28 and still love my corsa, i like it because ive made it how it is and its the only one like it out there, sure they may be some similar but none with exactly the same mods

all these new cars look the same

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by JaffaTB]
Scotty C

19th Sep 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point
Graham88

19th Sep 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the reason I decided not to throw thousands at my Fiesta, as at 21, I thought I needed something a bit more grown up. But you do what you wanna do at the end of the day
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 23 and still modifying a 1.2 Corsa. I know there's few that understand it, most are completely baffled by the lack of interior, the small engine etc. but I understand it, I know what it's all about and it's brilliant.

I've actually had people laugh as they drive passed me, I just laugh back. My car is brilliant fun, I had to hire a new Fiesta the other day and it was awful. No feel to anything, uncomfortable, I almost felt like I was just advising the car what to do but the final decision was upto the car and what it wanted to do. Horrible, hateful thing, and I'd probably have to pay double what I've spent on my Corsa to own one. I'd rather wipe my arse with a broken bottle
SportBoy

19th Sep 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont give a fvck what other people think much . im 27 drive a corsa let and to equal it out a piss stained corolla.
Warren G

19th Sep 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going to turbo my corsa c, then though why though money at a corsa you wont get bac

so i bought a car already turbo'd - astra gsi, modified it although i told myself i wasnt going to! and cost me £60 a week to run and i didnt go anywhere! use it who it was i drive most things and petrol would disapear. at this point i sold it. and tbh i now like a quite life! cruise at 80mph without hearing any exhaust noise and looking like every other car!

and im only 22

im saving for a tvr sagaris! which tbf i could buy one soon! but then have no house

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by Warren G]
Ojc

19th Sep 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you live your life worried about other peoples thoughts you will never be happy.

Do what you want.
Andrew

19th Sep 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I'd rather wipe my arse with a broken bottle

Andrew

19th Sep 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about this only this morning. Why do i not sell my car & bank the money, then buy something half decent & make it good. I've then got a decent motor & some cash in the bank.

I've wasted a shit load of money on cars over the years but this actually seems like a decent plan giving my works van will always be roadworthy.

Got rid of my Corsa at 24 as i needed something to commute in. Not something i kept having to fix things on every 2 minutes. Loved the loud exchaust tbh Will be done again at some point

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by Andrew]
sampayne21

19th Sep 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got rid of my corsa at 20 to buy something more presentable looking for work, although when im older and have much more cash, il be buying a project corsa as a second car, so dont think your ever to old to own one
Rob B

19th Sep 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt at 19 to old in a Corsa
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im nearly 25 but mine isnt that heavily modified
dannymccann

20th Sep 10 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that you in your picture though IvI as that would explain your point of view...
alan-g-w

20th Sep 10 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
If you live your life worried about other peoples thoughts you will never be happy.

Do what you want.

Most sensible reply so far tbh.

I'm 21 and driving an XE. Where's the book that tells me when I'm too old? Are there age restrictions on the car? No, the only thing that makes people think that it's a 'younger persons' car is the fact it's small. How does that make sense? I'm going to continue driving the Corsa because it can still put a grin on my face. Who gives a sideways fuck what anyone thinks.
3CorsaMeal

20th Sep 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing wrong with it, i don't think there is an unwritten rule about what car you should have at what age
bobbyd1

20th Sep 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you enjoy driving it and t puts a smile on your face...why not?
Sandsy

20th Sep 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 21 and ive got a nice boring vectra c elite for day to day shopping taking the mrs out, putting the dog in the boot etc, then i have my corsa v6 for a weekend hooligan blast , never to old to be into modifying cars
Scotty C

20th Sep 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alan

I may wack a XE in it then whilst it's off the road. Less embarrasing to be driving an XE than a 1.6 at 24

Sandy - True, you're never too old to be modifying cars, I just think there is an age gap for Corsas, and i'm past that age gap, IMHO.
dale87

20th Sep 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 23, and i drive a modded corsa and a more door 1.6 sxi astra (family car). I tried the 'getting a grown up car' with a mk4 astra gsi and it was just so boring to drive and basically felt the same as the sxi version imo so sold that and used my xe corsa again.

The thing with my corsa is its got a modded exterior and i do feel im a bit old for it all now BUT its got midly tuned c20xe under the bonnet so for that reason it puts a smile on my face when people look and laugh then i keep up with their m3, scooby, evo or whatever they have and they ask "WTF's in that mate???" lol never got such looks in ths mk4 gsi ever.

Im actually selling my kitted 2.0 soon and building a c20let gsi as my everyday car, i would turbo the modded corsa but think ill always want to get away from the modded bodywork as i get older and older.
alan-g-w

20th Sep 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See to be honest mate, if you're happy with it from all angles - cost, the way it drives, how it looks etc. then it shouldn't matter what others think. I can imagine what it's like if there are people around you with technically 'better' cars. But a car will only be better if it does the job better - basically, if you're only ever using it to drive a mile to work every day and down to the shops every now and again there's no point in buying a BM 3 series.

Basically what I'm trying to say is don't just change the car for the sake of it. Think, if you could put up with it and save the cash and hassle that would go towards getting a new car then you'd obviously be best just sticking with it.

I meant to say, personally I'd like a second car like a Fabia VRS, gold GT-TDi or something but not exactly viable just now.

[Edited on 20-09-2010 by alan-g-w]
Scotty C

20th Sep 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I totaly see what you're saying. And I love my little Corsa TBH. Wouldn't want it any other way. The grunt from the filter, the rock hard suspension, the attention it gets etc etc - but sadly this is normally from little 17/18 year old chavs with lexus lights and 8" exhausts. I just get the impression older, more grown up people in there Evo's or whatever look down on me and think 'chav'
Ricky352

20th Sep 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsas are seen by most people to be a boy racer or first car whether its got a LET or a 1.0 unfortunatly. You shouldnt drive something you dont like though just to 'fit in.'

I drive a MK1 Nova Saloon these days and most people think its shit, but it has a bit of old school about it, which the Corsa doesnt. Yours is a nice Corsa in my opinion, but the general public do have thier opinions.

In my opinion it would be perfectly acceptable to have a corsa as a project car at your age but using it every day will get you unwanted attention. Not good for attracting girls.

Im 22 and I know most people are negative about my car but I really dont care and joke about it with them.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I regularly get called a wee boy from my
mate who drives a mk4 golf gti.
I just laugh as i make a fool of him on the road and his constant compmaints of various sensors & valves being fucked on his car

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aged 24... 22 database queries in 0.0135241 seconds