corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i want a bike

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i want a bike
LeeM

User status: Offline
17th Oct 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sorted, got my bike on friday its ace done a 20 mile ride today and my arse is fuckin killin me
mwg

17th Oct 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a Specialized Allez Sport through my work last summer. Nice and light, good groupset on it for the money. I got the last of the '09 models instead of waiting for a '10 as they were going up in price and the components were actually getting worse plus the colour scheme on the '10 wasn't as good as the '09 IMO.
LeeM

17th Oct 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need some new pedals, mine have straps on which i dont want to use so ive took them off but now theyre only any good one way up
mwg

17th Oct 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some SPD's and shoes to match. Think my shoes were £90 then about £25-£30 for the pedals and cleats. You can get cheaper shoes than that though.
LeeM

17th Oct 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they ones you clip your shoes onto? fuck that im an amateur, i just want nice normal pedals i can get my feet on and off nice and easily when i have to stop at lights and stuff
mwg

17th Oct 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are really easy to get used too... and they are really efficient. When you are pulling up its turning the pedals. Really good.

I don't use them on my mountain bike though, asking for trouble.
LeeM

17th Oct 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah theyre not for me, just want some normal ones. even though its a racer ive been using ti to go round to mates houses all weekend so i dont have to walk home after a few drinks! no good if i get there and have no shoes
Ojc

17th Oct 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was the craic with the ride to work scheme? I never took any notice but I really need to get a bike that isn't stolen
LeeM

17th Oct 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it took 3 weeks to sort out but i thinbk what took the longest was my company taking ages to pay it. i put the application in online and they sent it to work to be approved within a couple of days, work approved it straght away but took about 2 weeks to pay
mwg

17th Oct 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It happens a bit differently at my company to most others.

I chose my bike, boss went down with me to pick it up and pay for it on the company credit card. Then I said how long I want to pay it off over so they got the accountants to set it up. Obviously don't pay any VAT so thats 17.5% off straight away then the money came out my pay packet every month before the tax so thats where the other saving came in. Then they just let me have it at the end of my payment term without paying anything further.
mwg

17th Oct 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent just shy of a £1000 by the time I had the bike, helmet, shoes and other gear and in the end I worked it out I paid something £575-£600. So an easy £400 saving...
LeeM

17th Oct 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the situation with the vat? my voucher was for the full price of the bike? i assume my company claim the vat back and take it off the total before they start taking my payments back?
mwg

17th Oct 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah will be something like that. Like I say my company does it a bit different. I think they do it as some sort of loan from the company to me rather than through the bike to work scheme. Can't remember how they worded it.
Nath

17th Oct 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I picked my bike. Got a receipt/invoice from the bike shop. Filled in an online form on the Cycle2Work website using their shop number, an invoice number, and employee number (which my company set up for me). Then it was a case of waiting for Cycle2Work and my employers sorting their shit before being told I can go pick the bike up.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i want a bike 22 database queries in 0.0573111 seconds