corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Joined a GYM advice please (now had first sesh)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Joined a GYM advice please (now had first sesh)
Laney

User status: Offline
30th Sep 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
Reason I wanna slim first is I cant see me ever seeing a six pack or whatever with a beer gut in the way??

Just doing cardio isn't gonna give you a sixpack because they'll be no muscle to strip down to.

Seriously. Go lift a barbell.
A2H GO

30th Sep 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Reason I wanna slim first is I cant see me ever seeing a six pack or whatever with a beer gut in the way??

Just doing cardio isn't gonna give you a sixpack because they'll be no muscle to strip down to.

Seriously. Go lift a barbell.

Everyone has abs, if your can't see them, your're to fat.
Laney

30th Sep 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely that depends how you define abs? Yes everyone has SOME stomach muscle but the Mens Health-esque sixpack doesn't usually come for free!
Jake

30th Sep 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need 3 or 4 hours on photoshop to get abs of mens healyh quality
A2H GO

30th Sep 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Surely that depends how you define abs? Yes everyone has SOME stomach muscle but the Mens Health-esque sixpack doesn't usually come for free!

That true but you said cardio wont give you a 6 pack as there is no muscle, which isnt true.
ssj_kakarot

30th Sep 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

thats achieved through photoshop and clever lighting, shaving and cunning camera men

every one has a 6 pack get your body fat low enough and you look toned.

wanna lose weight? work out your maintenance calories then cut them by 500 cals a day and 45 mins of cardio a day, 3 days of lifting aswell to get your strength up and build a decent base

riptoes starting strength is decent for a few months.

not hard to lift weights/cardio, most of it is about your diet though.

educate your self now before your a year into it with no gains like so many people fall foul of.
ssj_kakarot

30th Sep 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
quote:
quote:
As iv said tho wanna slim down a bit first

then think about getting toned

The usual meaning of "toned" is decreased body fat and increased muscle.

Get someone to show you how to squat, deadlift, press and bench properly and forget the cardio. Oh, and drink milk. Lots of it.

If he needs to slim down cardio is the way forward, can never understand when there are fatty people on the weights ? surly bench presses wont loose a beer belly

a heavy lifting session will usually burn more calories than running would, that said i agree, i dont understand why fatties stick to weights no cardio and then eat nothign but shit still.
SAL
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
quote:
quote:

Get someone to show you how to squat, deadlift, press and bench properly and forget the cardio. Oh, and drink milk. Lots of it.

If he needs to slim down cardio is the way forward, can never understand when there are fatty people on the weights ? surly bench presses wont loose a beer belly

a heavy lifting session will usually burn more calories than running would, that said i agree, i dont understand why fatties stick to weights no cardio and then eat nothign but shit still.

normally fat people cant do a heavy lift session because they are un-fit though
Laney

30th Sep 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thats achieved through photoshop and clever lighting, shaving and cunning camera men

every one has a 6 pack get your body fat low enough and you look toned.

wanna lose weight? work out your maintenance calories then cut them by 500 cals a day and 45 mins of cardio a day, 3 days of lifting aswell to get your strength up and build a decent base

riptoes starting strength is decent for a few months.

not hard to lift weights/cardio, most of it is about your diet though.

educate your self now before your a year into it with no gains like so many people fall foul of.

Is the last bit aimed at me or just in general?
ssj_kakarot

1st Oct 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just in general, see so many people going to my gym for months and making no progress.
ssj_kakarot

1st Oct 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

normally fat people cant do a heavy lift session because they are un-fit though

well its all relative if there not used to it, light weights may seem heavy to them, any one can lift heavy it doesnt take a lot of cardio endurance or anything.
Dave86

2nd Oct 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can lose weight by doing weights if you train hard enough, you will lose weight, might no be loads, but you should see a difference, only if you train properly tho, none of this 3x6 rep pish, 5x15 all the time, sweat like a badger
ssj_kakarot

2nd Oct 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave86
you can lose weight by doing weights if you train hard enough, you will lose weight, might no be loads, but you should see a difference, only if you train properly tho, none of this 3x6 rep pish, 5x15 all the time, sweat like a badger

you can lose weight but not doing any excersize at all

cut your maintenance cals by 500-800 a day and you will lose weight i dont think people where arguing that lifting weghts help weight loss, but added to cardio it helps more

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Joined a GYM advice please (now had first sesh) 23 database queries in 0.0109990 seconds