corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New cars being released in the next year

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New cars being released in the next year
mwg

User status: Offline
4th Oct 10 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I can't see what all the fuss is about over the Scirocco's styling, it does nothing for me. Golf R looks much nicer. Both out of my price range though unfortunately.

oh, so by interesting you mean the way it looks?

no generally all round. Looks good as well as driving good. Scirroco does one of those things.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the glass off the headlights and its the same
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's just nothing around that makes me think fuck yeah I want one of those. Might just buy a Ford Fiesta ZS and put up with the lack of performance and save more money towards a house
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I just got out the wrong side of bed this morning but I'm feeling quite grumpy about this.

I like the Alfa Giuletta but the nearest Alfa dealer is at least 50 miles away which is a bit inconvenient when it has to go in for warranty work which it will have to because its an Alfa. They are very very expensive on PCP at the moment too.

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by mwg]
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
There's just nothing around that makes me think fuck yeah I want one of those.

thats my problem mate, is hardly any cars i want to own or that i could realistically own.

I often look for a car but none make me want to change, i always see it as i'd be worse off, apart from having a newer car (that seems the only plus point)
Ojc

User status: Online
4th Oct 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jim

You make me laugh when you say "the Astra Focus lack driver feel"

Have you ever driven a new Golf? They couldn't be more less involving if you tried, boring, uninteresting, droll, uninspiring.

Take those VW tinted glasses off, VW haven't made a good Golf since the Mk2 16v.

The R is a step in the right direction, but who on Earth is going to spend 30k on a Golf that isn't any better than a FWD hatch? You can throw as many fake 4WD systems at it as you like it's still not as good as the Megane RS.

VW just don't make good hatches anymore and if they do they price themselves out of the market.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going mad here the boy needs to get a megane r26r
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like having a warranty and the newness etc. although I like what I have, it does everything well. But I don't fancy running it for longer than a year outside the warranty - it'll cost me a small fortune if it goes wrong. If there is one thing I hate its spending money fixing cars, I fucking hate it As soon as they go wrong I start to fall out with them.

And I just fancy a new car. That's no disrespect to what I have as I love it, cant really fault it for what I want. It wouldn't matter what car I had I would always be wanting to change after 2 or 3 years. I just like getting a new car really

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you buy? or lease?
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not saying the golf is good, i've never been a fan of golfs, or VW's mate. This annoys me, local people think i'm a VW nut, just because i have the corrado.

i'm hoping the scirocco R is a great car to drive also, i know its expensive, but i have receipt for my car for a touch over £25k from 1995. People still bought them, but all the common noddys didn't, they would rather look after their money and get the golf.

Hence why it became a modern classic and doesn't depricate.

Thats the kind of car i would buy, but no manufacturer risks its anymore.

Sinclare C5 sounds like a cool car to me mate
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
do you buy? or lease?

lease/PCP/HP what ever is the best deal depending on the car
Ojc

4th Oct 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the issue these days, garages make hardly anything on selling the cars so the mark up on parts and labour is ridiculous.

Running a car outside of warranty these days is a dangerous game unless you are good with spanners or have access to a good mechanic and plenty of time on your hands.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the car that matty g needs to get

Ojc

4th Oct 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you would like a Mini Cooper JCW TBH, get one of those with the big spoiler and the special wheels and orange bits on.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you see me here? im going to festoon my cunny juice with your guts

im going to own either a swift or panda 100 stripped out soon
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I like having a warranty and the newness etc. although I like what I have, it does everything well. But I don't fancy running it for longer than a year outside the warranty - it'll cost me a small fortune if it goes wrong. If there is one thing I hate its spending money fixing cars, I fucking hate it As soon as they go wrong I start to fall out with them.

see, i'm the total opposite and most people think i'm mad to think the other way around.

you lose more money, buying new, doing nothing, then selling.

instead of me getting a £15k car, (which would of been the norm for a 25yr old's 3rd or 4th car), i spent £4k and still after 4yrs and 61,000miles of driving i still haven't spent over £10k on it, and i've got everything most modern cars do, just better looking.

Ojc

4th Oct 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it still doesn't drive properly and you freely admit that, getting in a car and worrying about whether it is going to let me down just isn't appealing anymore
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Jim

You make me laugh when you say "the Astra Focus lack driver feel"

Have you ever driven a new Golf? They couldn't be more less involving if you tried, boring, uninteresting, droll, uninspiring.

Take those VW tinted glasses off, VW haven't made a good Golf since the Mk2 16v.

The R is a step in the right direction, but who on Earth is going to spend 30k on a Golf that isn't any better than a FWD hatch? You can throw as many fake 4WD systems at it as you like it's still not as good as the Megane RS.

VW just don't make good hatches anymore and if they do they price themselves out of the market.

couldnt have put it better myself
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i'm not saying the golf is good, i've never been a fan of golfs, or VW's mate. This annoys me, local people think i'm a VW nut, just because i have the corrado.

i'm hoping the scirocco R is a great car to drive also, i know its expensive, but i have receipt for my car for a touch over £25k from 1995. People still bought them, but all the common noddys didn't, they would rather look after their money and get the golf.

Hence why it became a modern classic and doesn't depricate.

Thats the kind of car i would buy, but no manufacturer risks its anymore.

Sinclare C5 sounds like a cool car to me mate

How hasnt it depricated

plus the amount of money you have spent on it and its still off the road - Does nothing for indicating its a good investment

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by whitter45]
aron

4th Oct 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
VW haven't made a good Golf since the Mk2 16v.

quoted for the truth.
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

see, i'm the total opposite and most people think i'm mad to think the other way around.

instead of me getting a £15k car, (which would of been the norm for a 25yr old's 3rd or 4th car), i spent £4k and still after 4yrs and 61,000miles of driving i still haven't spent over £10k on it, and i've got everything most modern cars do, just better looking.

so you have spent 6k running it

Christ I would be commiting suicide lol

Plus how much is it worth now
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I know you do mate and part of me knows its a bit daft but I'm happy

I don't want to be arsing round on the floor under my car on a cold wet December Sunday morning fixing things so my car can make it to work on Monday morning I used to get a rage about having to change sensors on my Corsa, never mind anything more serious

3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yawn, its company car Paul again.

i never said a golf was good, never have, shopping cars imo, or course an astra is amazing to you, you have only had astras, corsas, polos, all those types of commerical family wagons

people who spend £30k on the scirocco R can and will, i don't think that will include vauxhall nuts living in mums garage and company car owners

i'd buy one, but in 10yrs time

No offence meant to either of you
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
VW haven't made a good Golf since the Mk2 16v.

quoted for the truth.

+1
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars are just like women. I fucking love them but they do my head in, I don't want a high maintenance one but she's got to be a good looker and performer too

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New cars being released in the next year 22 database queries in 0.1080689 seconds