corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » There appears to be some pisstaking going on here

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author There appears to be some pisstaking going on here
P1CK4D

User status: Offline
10th Oct 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AdamF is right.
AdamF
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only fail criteria is for the warning lamp

so at worst you will have to wire the light to something that follows the sequence

but iam sure if its not there its not a fail
AdamF
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i really shouldnt be questioning myself as i am an MOT tester
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
at worst you will have to wire the light to something that follows the sequence

now theres an idea

anyone know if the abs pump provides any bias'ing?

as the rears will be low pressure if i remove the pump and t-piece it will the bias still be the same?

dont want my rears locking up

[Edited on 10-10-2010 by Steve]
AdamF
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no doesnt do anything other than activate ABS
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool thanks for help, any suggestions where i can buy some suitable t pieces, the pipes coming from the MC are slightly bigger diameter to the ones going to the brakes so input to t piece will need to be bigger then the outputs
Ojc

User status: Online
10th Oct 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove all the ABS system you twat, Lee Mitchell done it to Pickfords GSi and Nic Barnes has done it as well.

A man of your ability should be able to undertake this manly operation you fucking twat
brebaz

10th Oct 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
A man of your ability should be able to undertake this manly operation you fucking twat

AdamF
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
cool thanks for help, any suggestions where i can buy some suitable t pieces, the pipes coming from the MC are slightly bigger diameter to the ones going to the brakes so input to t piece will need to be bigger then the outputs

any decent motorfactors

eurocarparts or something
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

10th Oct 10 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The light needs to illuminate and then extinguish, which assuming there are other bulbs which do that, you could technically parallel them up in order to satisfy the MOT requirement.

You would of course need to sever the bulb from the rest of the loom if you're supplying voltage from elsewhere.

Doesn't need a 555 or anything of that nature, just to draw current from something else in place which you already have.
SportBoy

10th Oct 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure it would be easier to just replace the sensor? ripping it out is abit defeatist.
P1CK4D

10th Oct 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Remove all the ABS system you twat, Lee Mitchell done it to Pickfords GSi and Nic Barnes has done it as well.

True story
pow
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Airbag light for example, but then if it's anything near as senstive as my Ibiza was, wiring another LED into the circuit might cause all 4 airbags to go off :O
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
sure it would be easier to just replace the sensor? ripping it out is abit defeatist.

true but iv heard you get a better pedal if you rip out the pump from the equation, it will also cost me pretty much zero to do and means i wont have to buy another abs sensors again, tbh on the puma they have a reputation for being troublesome
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Airbag light for example, but then if it's anything near as senstive as my Ibiza was, wiring another LED into the circuit might cause all 4 airbags to go off :O

will probs take it off the EML
AdamF
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goes out to quick i think, ill find out the sequence when iam in the workshop tommorow
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, will look when i start mine tomorrow
Jake

10th Oct 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eml stays on until you start the engine doesnt it? abs light goes out a few seconds after the ignition is switched on
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure possibly that was just my first thought havent actually looked
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lower washer fluid one might be ok, trouble is it would come on every time i got low on fluid
AdamF
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

petrol light is a common one

if you have one that is

[Edited on 10-10-2010 by AdamF]
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i do i quite often drive with the light on though
Steve
Premium Member

11th Oct 10 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more jokers this morning quote from FPS for 123 quid, no idea if that was new or used, rip off either way.

Anyway, decided I think im going to use the low washer fluid light, or the airbag light after looking at the sequence when i turn it on
AdamF
Premium Member

11th Oct 10 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turn ignition on abs light goes out after approx 3 seconds is the sequence

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » There appears to be some pisstaking going on here 22 database queries in 0.1595230 seconds