corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United: Is anyone really worried about their ambition?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manchester United: Is anyone really worried about their ambition?
Marc

User status: Offline
21st Oct 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've being a glory supporter since I was 9, so I have seen a lot of great (and shite) players come and go. We always replace players and get back on track. As the old cliche goes, no player is bigger than the club.

If the worst comes to the worst, we'll see Leeds and Liverpool in division 1
Hammer

21st Oct 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst Ferguson remains at the helm United will never be in genuine trouble. Push comes to shove he'll sell half the team and blood another group of youth and win the league again in a few years time.
Nath

21st Oct 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Limecat
Tommy L

21st Oct 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is an awful name change wayne
mwg

21st Oct 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worse than mine
mwg

21st Oct 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Whilst Ferguson remains at the helm United will never be in genuine trouble. Push comes to shove he'll sell half the team and blood another group of youth and win the league again in a few years time.

I hope it doesn't get as drastic as selling half the team but we are certainly in a period of transition at the moment while we wait for some of the players we have to fulfil their potential. And like you say we will come back and win again when they do.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Oct 10 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you regret changing from matty g?
mwg

21st Oct 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. I should of changed to MattG though but its done now. It took Ian about 3 months to change it last time and I'd forgotten I'd even asked about it. So went to log on one day and it wouldn't let me.
Dr Pepper

21st Oct 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your problem is that Ferguson might not remain in charge for much longer.

Basically the club and Fergie have lied to the supporters and the world by saying money is avaliable but he chooses not to spend it. They have made offers for people like schneider that they knew were too low to be accepted - they were just a front to pursued the fans that the club was moving forward. The weekend before it all came out they described reports Rooney was leaving as 'rubbish' - If its Rooneys word against theirs then for me its hard to trust a manager and ownership who are publicly being dishonest with the fans and media

Ronaldo leaving was accepted as he was going to his footballing home and it was a good deal. Or at least thats how the club spun it to the fans. None of that money has been invested in replacing him, berbotov was imo the last big signing Man u will make for some time.

All the way along Fergie has protected the glaziers ... now its cost him Rooney - who was the only hope you had of winning major honours .... Rooney is leaving , with his best years still to come as he doesnt think Man u will win things...that is not something that should happen at the club.

Basically Man u will be run at a profit to service a debt, thats about it .... it wont be run to dominate football like it has been in the past.
Im sure fergie wants the league to go past Liverpools record ... im not sure he will fanciy the massive effort that will now take. He looks troubled by having to remain silent on what the Glaziers are doing ... the minute he doesnt defend them he is gone - not sure how long he will want to do that for.

Last year he scored 34 in 44, got 17 assists and played almost 3500 minutes and won the pfa player of the year .. not easy to replace that when your board wont pay the money.

Fergie is good enough to rebuild a team... hes proved it ...and he has a chance with nani, vidic, evra ect .... but now hes not just up against a newcastle, or an arsenal or blackburn .... hes up against 4 clubs who all have more money than him to spend, and a similar or better chance of offering a player success .... he is at his weakest and the rest of the top clubs have stepped it up ..... If he wins another league he is without doubt the greatest manager ever in English football - I think this year is his last chance

[Edited on 21-10-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

21st Oct 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't you also say England would win the WC though?

Dr Pepper

21st Oct 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Didn't you also say England would win the WC though?

lol I did - but mainly to wind up a few scots on here who were giving us some anti english garbage. To be honest I think we have the players to win a world cup - it was just very badly mismanaged.

I dont really think you can argue with too much that I have said there

Nath

21st Oct 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was only messing
Dr Pepper

21st Oct 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was only messing

coolio
Nath

21st Oct 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has Tom Craddock spat his dummy out yet?
JonnyJ

21st Oct 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually a good post from Dr England there.
Dr Pepper

21st Oct 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Has Tom Craddock spat his dummy out yet?

Hes doing nicely - got a couple of goals, hes not fit imo ...but he looks a decent player ...we are all awaiting the dummy coming out at some point though
JonnyJ

21st Oct 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hate Oxford. You ruined my life.
Nath

21st Oct 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

mwg

21st Oct 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt us at your peril.
Dr Pepper

21st Oct 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

If it makes you feel better .... we have had it worse over the last 15 years. League two is just as shite as the conference anyhow ... you just get bigger away crowds which is resulting in trouble at every game at the moment. All the idiots have come back out from their caves and started kicking off with old firms that we havnt played against for years. Its been pretty bad agaainst port vale and aldershot at home .... we are very likely to get national news coverage if it gets much worse. I fear it will be bad again against Northampton on saturday
Dr Pepper

21st Oct 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Doubt us at your peril.

certainly not writing you off ..... I think you have some great players ... fergie can buy people like fletcher and o shea, park ect and get title winning performanaces out of them - which is something wenger for example can not do imo.... I just think it will be damn hard without Rooney - it has to have a knock on effect for everyone else at the club the way he has decided to leave...... I really doubt whether Ferguson will stay for many more years

I honestly think this year is your best chance - you are unbeaten and still have giggs, scholes, vds ect - when they are gone I fear who will replace them

JonnyJ

21st Oct 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I beg to differ on the 15 years thing, I'd say we have had it as bad as each other except at least you have a future now, i wont have a club to follow in about 3 years time. Still, I'm glad we lost to a proper team and not some tinpot shite like Rushden & Diamonds.

We still have Luton away to look forward to, should be fun after last seasons play off semi
Ben D

21st Oct 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

Ronaldo leaving was accepted as he was going to his footballing home and it was a good deal. Or at least thats how the club spun it to the fans. None of that money has been invested in replacing him.

All the way along Fergie has protected the glaziers ... now its cost him Rooney - who was the only hope you had of winning major honours ....

Losing Ronaldo and not replacing him mean's nothing, when Beckham who was our previous star of the team he wasn't replaced with an established player, no we made do with Solskjaer on the right for a season with Ronaldo also playing a bit part for which he gained much criticism in the press and even from amongst his own team mates, i think it was Roy Keane who said he would never be good enough

Stating Rooney is our only hope is rediculous too, other players will step into his shoes and take on his responsibilities just like Wayne did when RVN left for Madrid and people were saying he wouldn't cope blah blah, so my point is much the same as my original post...

..... If he wins another league he is without doubt the greatest manager ever in English football - I think this year is his last chance

- So he is not already the greatest manager in English football? I doubt you could name a better manager in English football.

Marc

21st Oct 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes the cow in the next field isn't any better than the cow in your field.
Nath

21st Oct 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Sometimes the cow in the next field isn't any better than the cow in your field.

Sounds like something Rafa would say.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United: Is anyone really worried about their ambition? 23 database queries in 0.0147650 seconds