corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone work in a call centre?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone work in a call centre?
Andrew

User status: Offline
29th Oct 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
you can wear your own clothes
Whose clothes do you normally wear?

Ones my company provide.
Nismo

29th Oct 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked in one for 7 years, I enjoyed it, shift work was great, facilities and everything was good, night shifts werent half bad
Andrew

29th Oct 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I applied for a couple when i came out of uni. Got to the interview and was told i was over qualified

Guy just said i would leave once i had found something better.

I actually do a bit of work on the side for one at the moment, just maintaing their IT. This is in a shared office building. Few nice girls, bit young for me like, but the banter is good.

I actually wouldn't mind shift work, 9 - 5.30 is boring the tits off me these days.

[Edited on 29-10-2010 by Andrew]
Marc

29th Oct 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a pic to upload of office later, it's pretty swish.
Nic Barnes

29th Oct 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does babestation class as a call centre?
ssj_kakarot

29th Oct 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worked in one for a year before college, fucking awfull place, shit hours, utter gash pay, treat like shit, constant calls, told off if you spend over a minute or something off the phone without a valid reason.

had to make 11 calls an hour or you where bolicked, stats had to be below a certain level at the end of the day ect ect

that was working for a company that was contracted with vodafone i.e i worked on customer services for vodafone but actually got paid through someone else, the pay was utter gash as although vodafone actually paid quite well the company took a huge percent of the hourly wage we were paid so we ended up with just over minimum.

utter gash hated it
ssj_kakarot

29th Oct 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
does babestation class as a call centre?

yes if you sit on the phone answering calls from drunk horny men, although thats an odd profession considering your male, but whatever brings the cash in.
LeeM

29th Oct 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose it's a bit like a call centre where I work, I'm in the claims department for an insurance company. Mainly deal with other claims teams though and only speak to 1 or 2 customers a day.
I work 2.5 days a week around college and earn 8k a year which is good enough for me!
Ben J

29th Oct 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine the shaggng that goes on between colleagues is high in a call centre.

Sam
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few of my jobs when I left school were call centre based. Fucking hated them!

Soul destroying, supervisors throwing their weight around and treating everyone like shit, dealing with assholes on the phones all the time.

Banter between other call handlers is good though, that's probably the only positive!
taylorboosh

29th Oct 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

call centres arent that bad, 1 i worked in was fine, 9 pound an hour plus bonus is pretty good for doing fuck all
taylorboosh

29th Oct 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Money can be alright but depends what it's doing and generally chances for progression aren't amazing

[Edited on 28-10-2010 by Conway563]

getting ahead in a call centre is a piece of piss
LeeM

29th Oct 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I imagine the shaggng that goes on between colleagues is high in a call centre.

I've slept with my supervisor, which was handy she lets me get away with murder now! and pulled the new girl last night who started last Monday everyone said I'd be first and I was
mattk

29th Oct 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
We have a vending machine in a very small call centre and it seems such a dire place. The amount of time they spend phoning people to just have it ring for a while then go to answerphone, then on the rare occasions they do get through they start their sales patter only for the person on the other end of the phone to tell them to stop disturbing them then it's hang up and try again with another set of numbers.

I can pretty much guarantee I'd be sacked within my first week for giving customers abuse. There's one lad that's worked there for at least 2 years now and he just constantly looks miserable, he used to seem quite cheery when I first met him

is that Anglican Mike? when I put that water main in there it was silent, no one spoke although no one seemed to be doing any work
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, just seems like the most soul destroying place ever, especially during the day when it's quiet but they do stupid hours too. Gaz in there is in at 9-12 then has a 2 hour break then does 2-4, another 2 hour break then 6-8 where it's busy then they close, it's stupidity. When I used to be on hour long dinner breaks, you'd just end up sat round waiting to start work again, 2 hours would just be a complete waste, and 2 hours twice a day, balls to that.
mattk

29th Oct 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I very rarely take a break at work, no way could I do nothing at work for 2 hours
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're unpaid breaks I think, he goes off when he's on his break but he's not got a car or anything so what can you realistically do in 2 hours other than sit round waiting to go back to work.

It's like when I was on the pie deliveries, I was usually done and home by half 10 just sat round waiting for Dorothy to open so I could drop that off then the afternoon was my own, proper annoying at times

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone work in a call centre? 22 database queries in 0.0985222 seconds