corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Topic of conversation at work rant

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Topic of conversation at work rant
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Nov 10 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC will be in a Ford Granada imo when hes 50 when kids and marriage have taken there toll

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by Steve]
mwg

4th Nov 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall Senator more like
AlunJ

4th Nov 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the lads in work bar one are a fair bit older so the conversation is usually sport beer cars or women, suits me!
Conway563

4th Nov 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait Steve, when your girlfriend reaches 15 and wants to fit in with all her other friends who have babies suddenly the condom will split and she'll have forgotten to take the pill
mwg

4th Nov 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's all a trap
Ben J

4th Nov 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
All they do is talk about their kids. Nobody gives a fuck you stupid pricks. The only people that care about your kids are you. There is nothing more boring.

Every brew break it turns in to a discussion about kids, playgrounds, bought a new pram/car seat, kids parties, the list goes on and on. Totally and utterly under the thumbs by their wives too. Have to ask permission before they can play 5 a side football or go mountain biking etc. cos its not fair leaving their wife at home alone with the kids when they've been at work all day.

Really hope I never end up like this when I get older because they are boring me to tears. Is this all there is to look forward to in life? Jesus wept.

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by mwg]

My view is....when you have kids, they are a major part of your life. You'd give up anything for them and they are hard work and take up 90% of your time. Its pretty hard not to end up talking about kids with other parents tbh.

Also, the "under the thumb" thing. Again, when you've got kids, and a wife, you've got to compromise. I wouldn't just fuck off to play footy or the pub etc without checking that the wife is okay with it. I'm not under the thumb, but its courtesy surely. You don't realise what hard work kids are until you have them. And so leaving either parent alone with even one, after a day at work is asking quite alot, so tbh its not getting permission but just deceny to your other half.

I reckon 100% of the comments in agreement with mwg don't have kids. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with your rant mwg, but your opinion will change in the future I reckon.

Just for the record.....I don't bring up kids at work unless i get asked, I have no "Baby on board" sign in the car. My car is MY car and Jen's car is HER car, neither are OUR cars. And I'm slowly moving up the car hierachy, so I don't agree that having kids will prevent me from having my dream car.

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Just wait Steve, when your girlfriend reaches 15 and wants to fit in with all her other friends who have babies suddenly the condom will split and she'll have forgotten to take the pill

knitting needles, keep some on me at all times for events like this
mwg

4th Nov 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure my opinion will change Ben unfortunately. But right now it sounds like a living hell to me.

And I am going to make a massive effort to not bore everyone else with it. That is my gripe with it all. It's like they have lost all their conversational skills.
Ojc

4th Nov 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am seriously considering not having kids now, I see the way others lives are changed and how they can't do things ad lib and it concerns me.

I don't ever want to be not able to just get up and disapear abroad at a days notice.
Conway563

4th Nov 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
knitting needles, keep some on me at all times for events like this

These youngsters are crafty though Steve
She'd probably just tell you she had 2 many penny sweets at school that week so put on some weight
Ben J

4th Nov 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kids add to your life they don't take it away!
Hammer

4th Nov 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Russ

4th Nov 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
your missus post on here?
mwg

4th Nov 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

4th Nov 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kids remove your freedom
Ben J

4th Nov 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
your missus post on here?

Lost me?
Sunz

4th Nov 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will stick to dogs, their much better then kids, I can't stand people who go on about there kids non stop, saying how wonderful they are etc

I would rather get the snip
Ben G

4th Nov 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I am seriously considering not having kids now, I see the way others lives are changed and how they can't do things ad lib and it concerns me.

I don't ever want to be not able to just get up and disapear abroad at a days notice.

same.

my missus wants children but we have a big mortgage to pay for at the moment and then in a few years when the payments go down i think i will want to treat myself rather than pay for a shitty nappy child who just screams all day and wets the bed.

i've seen how my dad's turned out after having 4 kids and i don't want that. i'd like his house though
3CorsaMeal

4th Nov 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Kids remove your freedom

not if you build them a locked basement

best of all worlds
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Kids remove your freedom
Ojc

4th Nov 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't be bothered to make them either.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats when you know things are bad lol
Nath

4th Nov 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

pow
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

same.

my missus wants children but we have a big mortgage to pay for at the moment and then in a few years when the payments go down i think i will want to treat myself rather than pay for a shitty nappy child who just screams all day and wets the bed.

i've seen how my dad's turned out after having 4 kids and i don't want that. i'd like his house though

Ohh dear
mwg

4th Nov 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if she wants children then you are having children one way or another I'm afraid to say like someone else said there will be an accident

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Topic of conversation at work rant 22 database queries in 0.0861402 seconds