corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Q for people with 2 cars or more.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Q for people with 2 cars or more.
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Nov 10 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
i just insure them both separately with the corsa being on a limited mileage policy

Same here - it's the easiest way for me
Graham88

5th Nov 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yet again John comes in with his utterly stupid and pointless opinion.

Having a 2nd car is the best thing I've ever done. Now when I drive my car I actually enjoy driving it rather than it being 'same old'. It prolongs the life of the parts I put on it, I have expensive tyres and expensive pads, not something I want to be using for my 70 miles commute back and forth to work. Plus parking in some dodgy areas of London I can leave my Berlingo without worrying but with my Mazda I would.

It's quite costly for me as having a van and a car they won't put me on a multi car policy as it's a different class of vehicle but it's still worth every penny just to get into my car at the weekend and it still put a smile on my face after driving a 80bhp Diesel van all week.
Nic Barnes

5th Nov 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt drive my corsa every day. well no, i could, i just have times where i need to take more than one person somewhere. have something i can collect parts etc in. have a comfy car with a radio thats quiet to drive.

its not about the cost of it.
Graham88

5th Nov 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah & that. If I need to do a tip run or pick up something long instead of scratching my interior I can just chuck it in the van and not worry. There's so many plusses for a 2nd vehicle.
djgritt
Premium Member

5th Nov 10 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i couldnt drive my corsa every day. well no, i could, i just have times where i need to take more than one person somewhere. have something i can collect parts etc in. have a comfy car with a radio thats quiet to drive.

its not about the cost of it.

This - Spot on IMO

Nic Barnes

5th Nov 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think what john means though, is that there is no point in having an average road car and using an average diesel car etc on week days.
Graham88

5th Nov 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you define as average road car though, everyone has different views and too many people a Corsa is still a pleasure to drive.
Nic Barnes

5th Nov 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if i had a more than capable newish road car, that did everything i wanted. i probably wouldnt bother having another car. in terms of the cars i have, id not go back down to 1 car.
Graham88

5th Nov 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you would feel quite happy putting rubbish to go the tip in the back of a car you paid alot of money for and keep in good condition? You wouldn't mind coming out of work after sweating and you are filthy and covered in dirt and getting into said car? I know I wouldn't, and don't!
Nic Barnes

5th Nov 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tow bar and trailer. car cover seat. sorted.
John

5th Nov 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Nic, an Integra, and your Mazda as well Graham, unless you are saving money having the second car, in which case it's understandable, why not drive about in the nice one all the time?

A van is slightly different as well, throwing dirty tools in the back of it or whatever is more of a reason to not ruin your car.
Graham88

5th Nov 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I'm talking about though I have a van for that reason I used my old fiesta for work and tools etc in the back and it got so boring to drive. I guess everyone has their own reasons.

Plus with a car like my Mazda if you are doing big mileage the depreciation goes up alot so if you look at it from that aspect I'd lose loads using it daily.
Ian W

5th Nov 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'a agree with alot of the comments from John and Nic, an average corsa as a weekend toy and another avergae car for the week is a bit strange to me.

TBH if you drove a decent all rounder you would soon forget about your Corsa.

I was exactly the same as you, I still miss it but not enough to have one as second car that I would hardly use !
MJ

5th Nov 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree 100% with graham. you actually appeciate the car more. my skoda is used for everything. tip runs mountain biking, moving stuff and going to the gf's. A tow bar cant be fitting to the integra so thats not an option. The skoda cost me £400 2 years ago and is the best £400 i have spent.
Fro

5th Nov 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
brentacre were good with s2k and the 328i,

limited milage on the 328 but mirrored my ncb so i could use them on both policies! and were still cheaper than anywhere else.

my situation doesnt really apply as there two impractical cars with two seats, but yeah tax twice is a bitch, MOT aswell

I like the sound of this, How old are you and what's your ncb?

I'm with them on the golf which is about £700, and am thinking about insuring the 350 aswell, and use it everynow and again until it goes, didnt know brentacre would do multiple cars though

Cheers!
Nic Barnes

5th Nov 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
That's what I'm talking about though I have a van for that reason I used my old fiesta for work and tools etc in the back and it got so boring to drive. I guess everyone has their own reasons.

Plus with a car like my Mazda if you are doing big mileage the depreciation goes up alot so if you look at it from that aspect I'd lose loads using it daily.

i was meaning in general though graham. if you work in an office. why have 2 cars? unless one of them is something that isnt exactly a daily driver.

most modern stuff that they call performance cars can be used for anything really. ive got a mate who tows his caravan on the back of his evo 9.
Graham88

5th Nov 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to him, but he's mad

As I say, everyone has their own reasons if they think it's financially viable then so be it, it works better for me not sure about financially but I actually appreciate my car and that's worth it for me.
dannymccann

5th Nov 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

most modern stuff that they call performance cars can be used for anything really. ive got a mate who tows his caravan on the back of his evo 9.

Nail, head, for me personally.

I used to have a bike as well as the car I share with the missus but it became unaffordable, but I would like to entertain that again in the future, but a bike is a completely different vehicle to a second car / van

edit - it will probably be outlawed soon anyway to have your name as the keeper of more than 1 personal car

[Edited on 05-11-2010 by dannymccann]
Graham88

5th Nov 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bike costs me fuck all though, besides the initial cost it's £70 a year tax, £30 MOT, then whatever wear and tear which is very little because it gets used so little!
Mark.W

7th Nov 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if i take out another policy with a different company for a second car i will have 0 ncb for that car?
shaunmods
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you asked brentacre about starting a second policy with them? They might mirror your ncb onto your new policy
Whittie

7th Nov 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trade Policy applicable?
Mark.W

7th Nov 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havn't phone Brentacre yet Shaun,its mainly the winter id like to take it off the road for.

Iv just been on the tempcover website to see how much they would be to cover me for a month than would just keep renewing it each month until the winter was over but one quote was £185 and the other was over £300 for a 1.4 8v corsa breeze
JonnyJ

7th Nov 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
i just insure them both separately with the corsa being on a limited mileage policy

same.
Mark.W

7th Nov 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i asked before do that mean i will have 0ncb for a second car?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Q for people with 2 cars or more. 22 database queries in 0.0203662 seconds