corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » pet insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pet insurance
morpheus22

User status: Offline
14th Nov 10 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

either way reading back. you will still have to pay a percentage
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
sorry jamie but i get sick of people on here going off on one saying im getting loads of money from benefits when im not on the bloody things
I didn't know if you were or not, was just letting you know about the PDSA incase you were on benefits and didn't know about it
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont care if i have to pay 10 or 20% of the traetment, i just couldnt afford the lot,

do more than not offer a lifetime cover?

pet plan look good up to now, read through there t&c's it says they wont cover claims for any illness or disease which happens before, or within 14 days of your pet
being covered

so if i wait untill after this time to see a vet then i should be ok?
morpheus22

14th Nov 10 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would you leave ure animal in pain untill 14 days after anyway, if you cant afford to pay for treatment when its needed you shouldnt own an animal imo edit

if ure dogs hind legs are giving way its probably issues with its spine wich will be a hefty bill before ure claim anyway

[Edited on 14-11-2010 by morpheus22]
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it in pain?
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she will have been born with this condition so it isnt something that has just started bothering her.

she shows no sign of pain at all, its only the fact that when she was out running she was "bunny hopping" and is stiff an a little bit lame when she has been out in the cold, but if the condition is left for along time then she will develop arthritis in her legs an then it could be to late to do the op
morpheus22

14th Nov 10 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u not afford to take her to the vets and ask for an opinion ?
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she can still jump up to the kitchen side when she smells food an run around with her brother an jump all over me on the sofa, so i wouldnt say she was in pain
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22

yes but doing that would mean that i wouldnt be covered by insurance
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But then if she took out insurance they wouldn't cover it due to the condition being there before hand.
morpheus22

14th Nov 10 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is where im coming from, when we have ever had animals we have put money away incase anything happens to the animal. leaving something to possibly get worse isnt fair. i know its only 14 days but for example u dont insure a car 14 days after you buy it

[Edited on 14-11-2010 by morpheus22]
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
she can still jump up to the kitchen side when she smells food an run around with her brother an jump all over me on the sofa, so i wouldnt say she was in pain
If shes %100 not in pain then do what you said, insurance, 14 days then take her to the vet. Seems like your only option.
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this is where im coming from, when we have ever had animals we have put money away incase anything happens to the animal leaving something to possibly get worse isnt fair. i know its only 14 days but for example u dont insure a car 14 days after you buy it
You learn from your mistakes. Our old dog took ill badly and couldn't afford the fees so my dad had to flog the car for silly money to get the cash prompt. Have insurance now though. Why put thousands to the side incase something goes wrong instead of taking out a policy?
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she is now insured so will let you know how we go on
morpheus22

14th Nov 10 at 02:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
this is where im coming from, when we have ever had animals we have put money away incase anything happens to the animal leaving something to possibly get worse isnt fair. i know its only 14 days but for example u dont insure a car 14 days after you buy it
You learn from your mistakes. Our old dog took ill badly and couldn't afford the fees so my dad had to flog the car for silly money to get the cash prompt. Have insurance now though. Why put thousands to the side incase something goes wrong instead of taking out a policy?

i apreciate what your dad did ...... i would sell anything i could to help my animals
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

i apreciate what your dad did ...... i would sell anything i could to help my animals

ill sell you my body, its a little old an knackered an has a couple of rusty arches but is in good condition for its age, 4k, deal?

morpheus22

14th Nov 10 at 02:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10p?
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GF-91
Banned

14th Nov 10 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ill sell you my body, its a little old an knackered an has a couple of rusty arches but is in good condition for its age, 4k, deal?

Driven by an old man.

[Edited on 14-11-2010 by GF-91]
Russ

14th Nov 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you knew about the kneecaps why not get fiver before, rather than waiting until something goes wrong, when a) you don't gave the cash too fix it, and b) you know there's a minimum wait where the dog will have to suffer.

Suppose you're one of these dog lovers I hear about..
chloe16v

30th Nov 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update!!

been to my vets today, meka has been put on anti inflammatorys for a week and has to go back next week, he has said that she has clicky knee caps, meaning that the socket that the knee joint sits in isnt deep enough. he is hopeing that the pills will work to ease the inflamation and then nothing will need to be done yet, if that works then he will leave her until she is 12-18 months old before he does xrays to decide if he will do surgery on them

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » pet insurance 22 database queries in 0.0123892 seconds