corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cyclists
Fro

User status: Offline
19th Nov 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
like mattb says, cyclists in London have no rules or fear. From the MENTAL know what they are doing bike boys delivering lettings to the fuckwit commuters who pass red lights and generally get crushed by buses.

And mow down pedestrians, saw a fight in victoria once because a cyclist hit a pedestrian when the green man was lit
paddypatpat

19th Nov 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't get me started on cyclists!!! i live on the coast to coast cycle route and in the summer the stupid twats never ride in single file, usually about 3 abreast. one day this summer i nearly plowed into a big group of them because they decided to stop for lunch in the middle of a back road, then they had the cheek to hurl abuse at me..... i hate them with a passion!
Graham88

22nd Nov 10 at 04:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

London is a nightmare. Filtering to the front everytime gets bloody annoying especially when they do it at a couple of sets of lights then it's a struggle overtaking each time because they straddle the middle of the lane. Although I am in a white van so most just know to get out my way.
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 06:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have too much trouble with cyclist, but bloody horses whats the point of a bridleways, if your on the road
SR91

22nd Nov 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyclisht should pay £15.00 a year road tax... Mobility scooters have to display plates these days but get free tax, so bike people should have to pay it.
SR91

22nd Nov 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus they should have to pass some sort of test top certify they are bright enough to cycle at the side of the road...
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with SR.

Cyclists piss me right off. Especially when they ride side by side! Single file dickheads!!!
SEAN_P_

22nd Nov 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I carnt stand them

little blip of the throttle and flick of the key
to produce a loud bang amuses me

(hoping the next lights are on green)
taylorboosh

22nd Nov 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra was good at scaring them
richc

22nd Nov 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the same for motorbikers. At times im ashamed to say i am (well currently dont own one) a motorbiker, they think they own the road. They tail gate everyone, think everyone should move out of their way etc, and get really angry over anything they dont agree with.
Ben-B

22nd Nov 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Agree with SR.

Cyclists piss me right off. Especially when they ride side by side! Single file dickheads!!!

I'm a big cyclist cause I work/study in the centre of Nottingham and whilst I agree with the single file thing I tend to be a lot faster than most cyclist so single file isn't always possible. Just have to judge when it's a good time to overtake.
harrisp

22nd Nov 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I don't have too much trouble with cyclist, but bloody horses whats the point of a bridleways, if your on the road

erm horses actually have more right to be on the road, they were kinda there first .
Graham88

22nd Nov 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as times evolve they should realise their time is up and fuck off
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
And as times evolve they should realise their time is up and fuck off

Anyway they put Asphalt on roads for cars, not horses.

Don't get me started on the turds
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

erm horses actually have more right to be on the road, they were kinda there first .

thats fine, when horses were used as a primary means to travel, however now it is mainly just for a hobby and its a place that this hobby has no place in this day and age.

Or are you suggesting i should commute to work on a horse?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Nov 10 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horse is fine because I've never come across one at 830 in the morning.

Think I saw that same woman this morning, was in a different car though so unsurprisingly she didn't treat me like a dickhead.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horses don't annoy me, it's the riders who do. You MUST slow down or they get arsey.

Hang on, this is a road, cars are always going to go past you. If your horse can't handle a car, it shouldn't be on the fucking road.

Cyclists seem to be a law unto themselves too, the thing which really bugs me is when the lights are on red, so they scoot onto the path and go across a pedestrian crossing, on the bike, no dismount...

I'm sure that's not legal.
Welsh Dan

22nd Nov 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i'm turning left, I purposely pull in as far to the left as I can, to stop the idiots trying to pass me on the inside.
ianofbhills

22nd Nov 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Horses don't annoy me, it's the riders who do. You MUST slow down or they get arsey.

Hang on, this is a road, cars are always going to go past you. If your horse can't handle a car, it shouldn't be on the fucking road.

Cyclists seem to be a law unto themselves too, the thing which really bugs me is when the lights are on red, so they scoot onto the path and go across a pedestrian crossing, on the bike, no dismount...

I'm sure that's not legal.

Cycling on the pavement is illegal full stop hence why cyclist go on the road.

I am a cyclist so i can see both sides to the argument here but its like any thing really they are good and bad cyclists as there are good and bad drivers.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists 22 database queries in 0.0145271 seconds