corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Banks

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Banks
deano87

User status: Offline
25th Nov 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclays. Never put a foot wrong. Their anti-fraud department is brilliant. Very quick off the mark with anything.
AndyKent

25th Nov 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Barclays. Never put a foot wrong. Their anti-fraud department is brilliant. Very quick off the mark with anything.

But their internet banking is wank.

Not so much the banking itself, but the fucking stupid pin-sentry shite is the worst idea ever
adiohead

25th Nov 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Just to be devil's advocate:
my dad has a Barclays credit card and has nothing but hassle from their fraud department. They also tried to sell him identity theft insurance which he nearly fell for (he's an old man).

The other week I had to buy stuff for him because his card kept getting declined.
Liam

25th Nov 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a natwest account since I was about 13, never had a problem with them atall! But I guess this doesn't help you.

deano87

25th Nov 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents are with Lloyds and have to use PINsentry too now.

I normally just log in using basic access and my card details.
Jambo

25th Nov 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They lost a cheque I paid in at a branch accused me of lying that I never made a payment cost me £100 in fees and eventually grovelled back to me when they found the cheque and reimbursed me forfees etc, took them all the strength in the world to muster an apology for gross negligence.

They have since obviously declined a payment I made last month due to paypal removing money from my account (which I was unaware of) thus the dd bounced but they are now saying I never even attempted a payment, mysteriously the logs have disappeared now too even though they where present a couple of weeks ago!!

Lying incompetent shitcunts.
Colin

25th Nov 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halifax anti-fraud gadgies freeze all my internet & telephone banking accounts whenever I make a purchace from offshore...........pretty much leaving me 100miles from anywhere for however long with no access to any money.

Gonna move my accounts to Santander, the Spanish seem to win at everything atm & they give you £100 for joining & if your an existing mortgage or investments customer you get a 0% unarranged overdraft facility.

[Edited on 25-11-2010 by Colin]
Rich H

25th Nov 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nationwide for personal account, and Santander for business, both have been spot on
Jambo

25th Nov 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have the worst customer service record tho col
gazza808

25th Nov 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

santander are shit heads,
mrs is with them, wouldn't give her a debit card for her account and she earns over 30k :S

i'm with lloydstsb never ever had any hassle

[Edited on 25-11-2010 by gazza808]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im with natwest find them quite good actually
random dav
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

santander give you £100 for switching to them

WRLFC !

Project cars
Dom

25th Nov 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclays, been with them 15 years or so and they pretty good on the whole. Only had one issue where £100 went missing when i tried to pay my BarclayCard over the counter, but Barclays covered the late fees and interest etc

Did have a student account with Natwest but they were utter cunts to put it blunty. Had some jumped up toss pot threatening to put me in bad credit, which he did, if i didn't pay off all my student overdraft over the phone - legally you don't have to (can be done in branch) and i later found out i just needed to pay of £10. Ended up paying it off and closing the account, complete shambles.
Generation

25th Nov 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:

But their internet banking is wank.

Not so much the banking itself, but the fucking stupid pin-sentry shite is the worst idea ever

Cut internet banking fraud 95% in a year, think thats pretty good tbh
Tommy L

25th Nov 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclays and Santander. Can't fault either of them tbh, but I keep a close eye on my accounts so don't get charges/problems.
Ojc

25th Nov 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Santander are good until you have to go into a branch, fucking woeful.
Fad

25th Nov 10 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halifax and Natwest have the better online banking facilities which is pretty important tbh. Can't fault Halifax.

We have just converted all client accounts at work to Co Op from Natwest as our branch was pretty useless. So far so good with Co Op, always someone at the other end of the phone if you need help

Is it for personal banking or business banking?

If personal I would say Halifax or Aliance and Leicester.

Business banking Llloyds or Co-op

[Edited on 25-11-2010 by Fad]
3CorsaMeal

26th Nov 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you all send me your money i will put it in the cupboard with mine
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Nov 10 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been with lloyds since i was ten and never had a problem, had an account with abbey for years too but a few years back theyt started arseing about and not letting me draw out large amounts a day without 15 bits of id and letting them know five years in advance.
with lloyds for the business too.
call centres are in england and very helpfull, online banking is quick and easy too

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
emicen

26th Nov 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with TSB and latterly Lloyds TSB since I was about 3 years old (now 28). Never had anything other than excellent service out of them.

Have 2 current accounts and 2 credit card accounts with them and my business' current and savings accounts with them.

Whilst a lot of banks make out they will give you personal service in their TV adverts, I've genuinely had it from them, their local branch manager staying late one friday so that I could have a chat for example when I wandered in without an appointment and just said I was looking to speak with him about a few things. He knew me by name etc and I'm not some Duncan Bannatyne type where my business is worth thousands to them, just a long term and loyal customer.
John_C

26th Nov 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first direct win for me

UK call centre
Pick the phone up directly after 3 or 4 rings
Helpful - arranged a bigger overdraft over the phone last week in 10 mins
Straight forward internet banking
Give you 100quid for joining
flybikeslee

26th Nov 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had issues with my natwest tbh. £1500 overdraught throughout uni, 2k for the year after i graduate, then £500 the year after. im already out of it regardless after selling the bike mind, but its nice knowing its there!
A2H GO

26th Nov 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with Natwest for 16 years, never put a foot wrong but then i tend to deal with humans as little as i can and do everything online.

I work for Britannia, part of the Co-operative financial services. We are currently market leading in customer satisfaction scores. We're doing an offer if you switch your current account to us you get 12 months of benefits, normally £14pm for free, plus we do it all for you with our switching service or something.

I haven't bothered as im happy with Natwest, plus i can imagine applying for credit will be a nightmare when you put down you've been with your current bank for a few months rather than years.

Santander received the highest number of complaints in comparison to customer base out of the whole financial services industry month on month every month so far this year.
Jambo

26th Nov 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can that affect your credit score then?? What do you do for them Ash?

I spoke to co op and they impressed me over the phone, sounded at least bothered on the phone which is more than Natwest can be bothered with. I do enjoy the online service though.

Lloyds have my joint account which is in the process of being "online" and I love them so far.

I'm over my rage now but considering the coop still might go have a chat with the branch tommorow
adiohead

26th Nov 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the reviews on here, I'd probably check out First Direct

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Banks 23 database queries in 0.0176489 seconds