corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who's up for... Update

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's up for... Update
Bonney

User status: Offline
28th Nov 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the way to It's final resting place

Ian dancing with wheelie bins!

How it finished at the end of play!

Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah those doors are very heavy indeed, seat mounts, PAS column, sound-proofing, easy 20kg to lose perhaps more and twice the power
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must admit, I did feel a bit guilty being behind it on the way to the farm, it was still looking good, on its good side
Bonney

28th Nov 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was tempted to pull over and let you get behind it. Felt guilty been between you and it on its final journey!

Couldn't beleive the back of one of your wheel aswell. Fist time i have seen tear off paint on a wheel before, Easy to keep clean
Mike
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it I'll probably rip the lot off at some point and see what the damage is like on em, might keep em fo a future Corsa road car
Bonney

28th Nov 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All they need is a good refurb. If you wanted them looking decent think it would set you back about £160 for the set to be done!

Glad we got that e-pas rack out though, Bit of a pain when you forget about the bolts on the pedals
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike... you got any bits going spare from the other shell? And if you're selling the EPAS i'll buy?
Bonney

28th Nov 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian has claimed the Epas rack already. Think it's going in the white GSI....Eventually!
FAZ
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+1?
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 10 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be loads of bits left over. I think between me and Mike we have enough to fill a box trailer and take it to the TVL bring and buy in August and come home and retire.
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, I'll U2U him with a few bits I want as I'm headed to the meet next weekend...
Bonney

28th Nov 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been there today has tempted me to build a track toy now. Thinking what to get, Thinking Fiesta zetec s for some reason!
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 10 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever is cheap, lose some weight, tyres and brakes, job done.
Bonney

28th Nov 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at a Zetec S at the minute, Something I can swap mine for!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor GTE

Onwards and upwards though mate!
RCoughtrie

28th Nov 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

caroline is in tears
Mike
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt so bad when we were taking the bonnet off it

We can cheer her up when I hopefully bring the new one up for Knockhill in May though I'm even sitting here thinking about giving it a clean in time for its final send off.

I think it's starting to hit home now that GTE is going to be no more
Bonney

28th Nov 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought you was dragging your heels undoing the bolts!

End of an era though. As was said most of the day, The next one will be faster and lighter. Will be a bit of an animal!
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 10 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry if I wasn't giving you chance to reflect, I just want to get cracking with the new build
Mike
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha nah, I'm just sat here now thinking about what a great car it's been for the past 5 years, rarely caused me problems, cheered me up on so many occasions and was an absolute weapon on track considering what it was
Mike
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some more work today has left GTE almost at the end

Had Jakey and his mate Critch on hand to help out today which was much appreciated

So first thing was to obviously get the car in the air to start work underneath, unfortunately this was done in quite an unorthodox manner

(The following video contains scenes of Corsa abuse which some viewers may find disturbing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_2EXvTQ5vo

Once up in the air all the front suspension was removed plus the exhaust and fuel tank then we started on the engine

I then discovered that despite putting the forks of the handler through the windscreen, causing many large cracks, that Gavin from AutoGlass is a lying shithouse

That little chip has been in the windscreen since before I bought the car 5 years ago, in that time it's done 75000 miles, over various pot holes, speedbumps and as said above, had forks put through the window, yet it never cracked

Anyway after a bit of work and some slightly overzealous cutting of things that may not have needed to be cut the engine was out

And here it is, the legend that has upset many people in its lifetime

That then led onto a battle with a knackered locking wheel nut which unfortunately still hasn't been won and so it was removed along with the brake drum that it's still attached to

After that the rear beam was dropped off which was job complete so the shell is now tucked away on top of a container and will have to wait for next weekend for it's send off

All in all a productive day and we're all on ready to get started on Version 2, beast
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not long til work starts on ARO then I take it mate? Bought any parts yet, exhaust etc?
Mike
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet, the exhaust off GTE is still sound though so I'll probably get a manifold and downpipe then take it somewhere and get them to mate it up and put a centre box in it just to be sure on the noise regs.

Hopefully work starts on ARO next weekend after the funeral
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 10 at 03:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great day's work boys.

Still got a final check over the shell to do, NSR light needs to come off, possibly some other stuff.

Then ARO will be getting stripped down for paint and the build will start!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who's up for... Update 22 database queries in 0.1180298 seconds