corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you ever feel...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you ever feel...
noshua

User status: Offline
12th Dec 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The picture you posted looks just as bad as any other modified car IMO, I'd feel the same driving both.
alan-g-w

12th Dec 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll drive whatever car I want as long as I'm happy with it tbh. I've got the Corsa just now and would definetely rather have something a bit newer and faster but I could be driving a quickish saloon and think the same.

I think you'd regret going from the 106 to a Vectra Danny, they're like chalk and cheese.
richc

12th Dec 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats why i bought the megane. Still got the sporty style to it (recaro interior, big brembo brakes etc), but dont get looked at like a twat all the time, and dont need to do anything to it! im only 20!

Only 2 things piss me off though. Spunking hundreds and hundreds everymonth to have a nice car, and twats (tends to be young males aswell), who tale gate you all the time wanting you to...well what appears to be, race with them. But 9/10 its never a race, just laughing leaving them.

DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
The picture you posted looks just as bad as any other modified car IMO, I'd feel the same driving both.

I get what you're saying but they are completely different, my 106 should just be a track car, no comforts, everything inside is stripped out, full cage etc where as the Vectra is a more grown up car, I wouldn't modify it like I did the 106.

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I think you'd regret going from the 106 to a Vectra Danny, they're like chalk and cheese.

Not really mate, had one before and loved it. I know they're completely different but that's what I want. I can always get another 106. The GSI's arent exactly slow, I know they're a big barge but they go well for what they are.
richc

12th Dec 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Mertin, i miss the VTS purely for the grin factor and you so right u cannot poosibly drive them sensibly couldnt own one day to day again though LOL

I smashed my 3 series up, and got my self a VTR as a stop gap. I hated it. I use to nail it everywhere, just to get the journey over and done with.
chrisritch

12th Dec 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the chav cunts have given every modified car drive a bad name. im looking at a3's, fabia's etc for my next one. something a bit more sensible
alan-g-w

12th Dec 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right enough, didn't see that you've had a Vec before. Ignore that above then
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I had an SRI, really liked it apart from it was abit sluggish. They are so nice to drive though, big comfy barges.
alan-g-w

12th Dec 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the Mondeo STs out of your budget?
Mertin

12th Dec 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Mertin, i miss the VTS purely for the grin factor and you so right u cannot poosibly drive them sensibly couldnt own one day to day again though LOL

I smashed my 3 series up, and got my self a VTR as a stop gap. I hated it. I use to nail it everywhere, just to get the journey over and done with.

I haven't driven a vtr but I think the vts would be totally different due to the engine

I would start of a journey sensibly, then id overtake someone sitting slow then after that it was usually flat out i couldnt own one long term

I love the mk1 vectra gsi's, amazing grunt to them too and like the recaro interior. My mate used to have a silver one
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt the same with the Astra, but its only really the exhaust that got annoying with how loud it could be and the popping and banging.

When I started my new job working in an office I used it for my first week there and a few of the people there did make a few comments towards me about the car which made me feel like a bit of a twat but after that I started walking to work and only used the car on the weekends which I still really enjoy, plus most of the people where I work when it comes to car talk are only interested in Mondeo's and diesals so I tend to no longer listen to anything they say anyway.

As long as you enjoy it thats all that matters.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Mertin

12th Dec 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My neighbours often park blocking my drive or making it a real struggle to get out and times like that I wish I still had a loud exhaust to let them know that I was there and piss them off with the noise of me shunting about trying to get out
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Are the Mondeo STs out of your budget?

Probably, although I dont really like them anyway
AlexW

12th Dec 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vectra GSi's are a awesome daily imo. Not the best on fuel though lol
Rob B

12th Dec 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say i do, well if i was driving around in something with lexus lights etc i would, a tastefully modified car though no.
Jambo

12th Dec 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you think that's bad I went from a Z3m roadster to an M3 Convertible to a Clio in bright colour and a loud exhaust

FML
Graham88

12th Dec 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alan-g-w

12th Dec 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam C
I felt the same with the Astra, but its only really the exhaust that got annoying with how loud it could be and the popping and banging.

When I started my new job working in an office I used it for my first week there and a few of the people there did make a few comments towards me about the car which made me feel like a bit of a twat but after that I started walking to work and only used the car on the weekends which I still really enjoy, plus most of the people where I work when it comes to car talk are only interested in Mondeo's and diesals so I tend to no longer listen to anything they say anyway.

As long as you enjoy it thats all that matters.

You started walking to work because people took the piss out of your car?

I find it funny how popping and banging loud exhaust are cool in one thread but getting slated in the next, I think people need to care less what other people think of them.
Ian W

12th Dec 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If you think that's bad I went from a Z3m roadster to an M3 Convertible to a Clio in bright colour and a loud exhaust

FML

Cars like your clio are awesome when its in the planning stages and your on Pistonheads looking.

Long term though they lose there appeal quickly.

Sell its and get an E36 M3

To answer the original question, I was embarresed driving my Corsa at 25.

Had no problem driving my 106 GTi at 27 though, was 100% standard though so just seemed like every other car on the road.
Jambo

12th Dec 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my Clio

Its no M3 though
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I started walking as it was only down the road anyway so was rather pointless driving the little distance it was, only used the car for my first week as a backup just incase something went wrong and I didn't get along with the job.

But I can use there company cars/vans for any other business uses with there permission along with a fuel card so I really don't need my own car for work at all.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
alan-g-w

12th Dec 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, just seemed weird that you mentioned it.
Jon_C
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my Corsa aged about 24 cos i felt like an idiot driving round in it. Loved that car. Just not how i felt when i drove it. Had a few sensible cars since but now have a mk4 Golf on 19s with coilovers and i love it.
big eck

12th Dec 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a bit older than most on here I can give my input

The simple truth is that you just grow out of them Danny, well that was the case for me. I just took the plunge and went for something a bit more mature/newer.
SXi_Tim

12th Dec 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the vec, you won't regret it. Don't get me wrong i love thrashing the LET around, but its nice to get into a big cruising v6 that you don't feel every bump in.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you ever feel... 23 database queries in 0.0276470 seconds