corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone want an apprenticship..?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone want an apprenticship..?
mwg

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat my shorts. FACT.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I always said half the stuff they tried to teach me at school I'd never use again. And I was right.

Half? I would say 95% of the stuff they tried to teach me was utter nonsense that nobody will ever use. Which again goes back to that being taught how to pass an exam does not make you intelligent.

My grades were

English Language - D
English Literature - D
Science Physics - D
Science Biology- D
Maths - F
Business Studies - E
German - F
RE - F
Resistant Materials - U

noshua

22nd Dec 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nomnomnom
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you want a kiss because that's the way it's going Noshua.
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to be of a certain level to pass the course.... Hence a-c
Chris x

22nd Dec 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

English Language - C
English Literature - D
Maths - U
Engineering - 2X D
English Media - E
Geography - D

With all that I have nearly finished my apprenticeship, have done various NVQ's, ONC and have nearly finished my foundation degree

Loved school, but not the work side!

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by Chris x]
John

22nd Dec 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by John
Exactly, even the thick people got A* so if you didn't get that you've got problems.

Let me tell you something John Boy, I spent from Year 8 - 95 to Year 11 1999 doing absolutely nothing other than fingering girls and bunking off school or disrupting lessons. Just because I didn't listen to a single word a teacher said to me I'm classed as an intellectual failure?

These idiots get taught how to pass an exam, not taught to be intelligent. I didn't complete one bit of coursework because I had my Aprilia SR50 and I would prefer to cruise the streets than sit at home writing reams of bullshit about Lady Macbeth or why the Treaty of Versailles was a failure.

I agree, schools teach you how to pass exams, that's a different matter though.

I wasn't that far off what you done in school, I done exactly as much as I could get away with, which is where the intelligence bit comes in, not studying your whole life but knowing how to do just enough to get the marks you wanted.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
You need to be of a certain level to pass the course.... Hence a-c

That still doesn't make sense, are you saying I wouldn't be able to pass the exam because I didn't listen at school.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not listening isn't the problem either.

People who weren't at a level that they could pass exams should have been listening, the ones who didn't need to listen passed anyway doing just as little work.
sc0ott

22nd Dec 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jobs with grade categories is just bulljobbies.
my job requires a certain level of grades and i dont think i have most of them.
Jamie Walby

22nd Dec 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt need to do any work at school. I am so clever I just turned it on when I needed to.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Not listening isn't the problem either.

People who weren't at a level that they could pass exams should have been listening, the ones who didn't need to listen passed anyway doing just as little work.

I don't agree.

If you don't listen to how you are supposed to pass the exam, you fail. That doesn't make you any less intelligent than the ones that do listen.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's only because you couldn't pass without listening though, it makes you less intelligent on 2 counts.

1 because you weren't intelligent enough to pass without listening and 2 because you weren't intelligent enough to work out that you should have been listening because you couldn't pass otherwise.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or 3, I didn't care.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still comes under the can't pass without listening bracket.
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the fact you didnt care would probably reflect even more..... You say you are/were clever but were too thick to care about gsces
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gcses*
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...saying that though John, my English & Science grades were the highest I could achieve because of the stupid higher, intermediate & foundation levels that we used to get grouped into.

My behaviour stank, so I was lumped into foundation level with a load of dullards.

This had been a gradual slump from Year 7 down to Year 11, in year 7 when I joined the school you do exams to determine what level you are at. When I cared and was scared enough to do the work I was in top level classes for everything, when I discovered that messing around was more up my street my decline down the levels started not because I couldn't do the work but because they didn't want me disrupting classes at a higher level instead I would get lumped into the foundation level with the gypsies and brain dead who they perceived as not having a future to worth bothering to teach.

Those English & Science grades were without coursework as well so that tells you how well I done in the exams.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Well the fact you didnt care would probably reflect even more..... You say you are/were clever but were too thick to care about gsces

I cannot get over to you in words on a website how little I cared about learning, not because I was stupid but because laughing all day everyday and smashing things up was awesome.
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you must regrett that now? Also i also agree the foundation thing is stupid...
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I don't regret it because everyday I have memories that make me laugh and that is what life is all about.
A2H GO

22nd Dec 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm interested but NVQ's are useless nowadays. They hand them out left right and centre at my place, infact i've got 2 and they paid me £100 in vouchers just for signing up each time.

BTEC...not sure how useful in the real world that is?

Basically, I would like to know if by doing the course i'll be better off than currently working in banking as a deputy manager on £17k + bonus...but going nowhere.

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by A2H GO]
Hammer

22nd Dec 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I always said half the stuff they tried to teach me at school I'd never use again. And I was right.

Half? I would say 95% of the stuff they tried to teach me was utter nonsense that nobody will ever use. Which again goes back to that being taught how to pass an exam does not make you intelligent.

My grades were

English Language - D
English Literature - D
Science Physics - D
Science Biology- D
Maths - F
Business Studies - E
German - F
RE - F
Resistant Materials - U

Thick as fuck.
mwg

22nd Dec 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got slightly better grades than that. Mainly D & C's, think I got a B for PE or sports or what ever you call it thats as good as it got.

RS I got nothing for as I skipped every lesson so they didn't even put me in for the exam.
Hammer

22nd Dec 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to bunk school and go sniff lighter fluid. I cracked a floor tile over someones head and only just skipped a suspension for it. Caused 1 Engish teacher to have a nervous breakdown by leaving coppers in her drawer, tore out pages every single book we were reading in class, set fire to a matchbox on her desk, left a fish down the back of the radiators in techy, skelped the techy teacher with a rivet, throw stones at the PE teacher when her back was turned, went up to the school on the last day steaming and ran through a wall of the Common Room, went back to the school at night and snuk in and painted a cock on the football field.

I still got 9 standard grades, 6 highers and 2 advanced highers.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone want an apprenticship..? 22 database queries in 0.0145380 seconds