corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nothing tickles my whippet more

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nothing tickles my whippet more
Robbo

User status: Offline
6th Jan 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

genereally the only time a modern company woudl use compulsory redundancy is to remove the crap. we've done it at voda numerous times, theres a recession on and if youre no good then you deserve to be out on the dole
Tom

6th Jan 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bonuses too, we got a half decent one at xmas and I just know the stupid bint in our office who started here 5 months ago, works 3 days per week and has had approx 3 weeks off sick, is late in most days due to husband not bothering to get up/at gym/beating her up got the same as me and the other people who worked hard last year

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I just worked out that sicne the credit crunch hit in Oct 2007, Ive increased my pay by 48%. Score.

I was redundant just about then so my pay has gone up 100% plus about 15% last year
Nath

6th Jan 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a payrise this week. I even got two last year
pow
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll get my 1.something% public sector payrise in March
James

6th Jan 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
I just worked out that sicne the credit crunch hit in Oct 2007, Ive increased my pay by 48%. Score.

I was redundant just about then so my pay has gone up 100% plus about 15% last year

I've managed 71.4% since Jun 2007. Not too shabby.
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lads, we are officially winning at life
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine should be over 100% if I'd got the extra that the others got! fucking Jam Rags
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
genereally the only time a modern company woudl use compulsory redundancy is to remove the crap. we've done it at voda numerous times, theres a recession on and if youre no good then you deserve to be out on the dole
This makes you sound so pompous. So if somebody is made redundant they are crap? As that's the "Only time a modern company" make compulsory redundancies. Mr. Pretentious or what? You suit vodaPHone mate, neither of you can fucking spell.

[Edited on 06-01-2011 by Russ]
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its true russlar

and fyi, its pretentious
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say, I know a lot of companies which used the "recession" as a reason to clear out the wheat from the chaff. Companies which were successful and busy getting rid of people; the only apparent reason being to downsize the workforce and then telling those remaining that they were lucky to have a job so to pick up the slack so to speak. It did seem to give an excuse
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its true russlar

and fyi, its pretentious
thanks for correcting me friend.

However, your view on life is more distorted than a goth teenagers
James

6th Jan 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think removing the crap is the only reason to trigger a round of redunancies. However it is a no brainer that if a round of redundancies is required for whatever reason, the weaker staff will go first.
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I have to say, I know a lot of companies which used the "recession" as a reason to clear out the wheat from the chaff. Companies which were successful and busy getting rid of people; the only apparent reason being to downsize the workforce and then telling those remaining that they were lucky to have a job so to pick up the slack so to speak. It did seem to give an excuse
Yup, we had a rejig in our team of 20 last March, one job was lost and guess who was made redundant ah yes, the shit person who was riding on doing fook all. was his role made redundant? hell no, it formed part of the rejig and someone else took on his responsibilities but that kind of thing happens all the time in the private sector.

Obv not eveyrone who is made compulsoraily redundant is shit but its true in a lot fo cases as who wants to lose a genuinely top memeber of staff, you accomodate them elsewhere. slightly diff in the public sector too granted
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I don't think removing the crap is the only reason to trigger a round of redunancies. However it is a no brainer that if a round of redundancies is required for whatever reason, the weaker staff will go first.
yeah sorry, i meant the only time you would probably compulsorarily make people redundant over doing vr would be because someone is crap and its a good chance to remove them
Jamie Walby

6th Jan 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its to avoid bad publicity and also not mugging people off for their livelihood. it is daft in many ways but redundancy is all about reducing the cost base. a one-off payment of maybe 60% of a years cost (benefits, hols, bonus, ni etc) to save maybe 5 years of everything

Speculate to accumulate
Kerry

6th Jan 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about when companies have to make cuts and have several teams over the country doing similar jobs so they cut whole teams and make the others do more work?
does that mean someones crap?
Robbo

see thats why you run your opwn gaff walbinho, you got the nous
Russ

quote:
Obv not eveyrone who is made compulsoraily redundant is shit

Really?

Contradiction.
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
what about when companies have to make cuts and have several teams over the country doing similar jobs so they cut whole teams and make the others do more work?
if theyre that great then they could be found other jobs within the organisation?
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Obv not eveyrone who is made compulsoraily redundant is shit

Really?

Contradiction.

quote:
Kerry

Oh and for the record i scored higher than everyone in my department for pay review and was one of very few that got bonus yet i was made redundant because of the above? yet im crap?
Kerry

6th Jan 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
if theyre that great then they could be found other jobs within the organisation?

not if theres a recruitment freeze or the whole company is under restructure!!

its not always the case of just find someone else a job? and usually this means taking a pay cut so i would say that means your not worth it anyway surely?
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meh
Russ

6th Jan 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somebody has been hanging around with too many bigwigs and has lost his morals and view on reality.
Kerry

6th Jan 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just been a part of redundancies for the last 3 years before it finally happened to me and not once did i see someone leave because they are crap or get kept on because they are so great

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nothing tickles my whippet more 22 database queries in 0.0189240 seconds