corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol station staff

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol station staff
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
13th Jan 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phillips_91
Tbh this pisses me off a little bit aswell, i've had it before where i've put x amount of petrol in (say £10) put the pump back it still says x amount, walk in to pay and im told to pay £10.01! made to walk back to my car to get the fucking penny! had this on a couple of occasions really fucks me off! only ever happens when i only have a tenner on me

This happened to me, was only weeks after the maw said it happened to someone she knows. Weird one.

The fuel pumps up here have stickers on them telling you the date of calibration and when it's next due. Head down Sam and check what it says - if it's out of date kick up absolute fuck and get onto the mob that tom_simes is saying about. It's the local council that handles it up here, no doubt it'll tell you on the pump if it has one of these stickers.

[Edited on 13-01-2011 by alan-g-w]
dan_m1les

13th Jan 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh though, why don't people just fill up their cars till it clicks?
alan-g-w

13th Jan 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because 4 tenner last longer than £40. Fact.
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Tbh this pisses me off a little bit aswell, i've had it before where i've put x amount of petrol in (say £10) put the pump back it still says x amount, walk in to pay and im told to pay £10.01! made to walk back to my car to get the fucking penny! had this on a couple of occasions really fucks me off! only ever happens when i only have a tenner on me

This happened to me, was only weeks after the maw said it happened to someone she knows. Weird one.

The fuel pumps up here have stickers on them telling you the date of calibration and when it's next due. Head down Sam and check what it says - if it's out of date kick up absolute fuck and get onto the mob that tom_simes is saying about. It's the local council that handles it up here, no doubt it'll tell you on the pump if it has one of these stickers.

Cheers mate I'll have to remember that!
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_m1les

When I started the engine afterwards the gauge indicated that the tank was full, so I probably wouldn't have got much more petrol in there.
Butler

13th Jan 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to me before, I thought 'WTF' then moved on with my life. I would lol if they sent you a 1p sainsburys voucher though
alan-g-w

13th Jan 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh it's not the fact that they're taking a penny off you. It's the sheer principal that they're taking money for nothing. If it jumped up a pound more people would definetely complain - at which point does it become worth saying soemthing about it?
Phillips_91

13th Jan 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it's a penny everytime you fill up after 100 times thats a pound gone that you hadnt planed on spending and i fill up nearly everyday, commuting to work and then doing deliveries in the evening spanks your fuel and every penny really does help!
Butler

13th Jan 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree with you Sam by the way, more people need to stand by simple principles otherwise companies will continue rinsing the opportunity to exploit peoples laziness in situations like this. Saying that, im a fine one to talk.
shaned12345

13th Jan 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This happens in a Total garage round my area, run by some people of the asian persuasion..

Gave them 11 quid one day and told em never to ask for the fucking pennies again!
Ben G

13th Jan 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

happened to me aswell, thought i was going mad

put in 20 quid, went in to pay in cash (notes), then was told it was £20.01, had to fucking hunt for a penny in my wallet. piss take.
Ben G

13th Jan 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i do now, but back when i had the focus was a 55 litre tank, if i filled that right up, thats 55kg's extra weight i'm carrying about. makes a difference in performance compared to putting 10's and 20's in.
3CorsaMeal

13th Jan 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a big deal to one man, but what sam is saying, is that this must be repeated thousands of times a day, and that will add up.

its terrible, petrol pumps should be extremely accurate imo
Ben G

13th Jan 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for all we know, they could be going a peny over for every pound you put in, so that's probably 50p on average for a full tank.

people might start speaking up then.
Skylined

13th Jan 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean, pennies all add up.

Whenever I buy anything that ends in 99p I always wait for the 1p change, and then throw it in a jar when I get home.

At the end of the year you can get a few pints out of it.
3CorsaMeal

13th Jan 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i throw all my coins in a jar, i only spend notes, and end up with hundreds of pounds at the end of year, usually pays my car tax.

Bought a magnex exhaust with it last year
3CorsaMeal

13th Jan 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm the man basically
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The thing is, if the fuel is £1.25 a litre... putting a penny in isn't always going to change the screen as it only shows two decimal places...

If that makes sense?

this
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

User error imo.
Skylined

13th Jan 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
The thing is, if the fuel is £1.25 a litre... putting a penny in isn't always going to change the screen as it only shows two decimal places...

If that makes sense?

this

This is correct

At the current prices of ~ 124.9 a litre, 1p equates to 0.008 litres of fuel
mattfiesta

13th Jan 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the petrol stations around here have a tray of pennies on the counter for this.
nathy_87

13th Jan 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When they ask you for the £40.01, just say you haven't got the penny.

Anty
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get this at my local Garage .. its annoying !!
Lawrah
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most have a wee penny box dont they?
John

13th Jan 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just pay by card then you don't have to worry about it being a penny over.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol station staff 22 database queries in 0.0163341 seconds