corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tailgating

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tailgating
Kurt

User status: Offline
18th Jan 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or just use the fogs?
N3CRO

18th Jan 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never got this when I had my Corsa and haven't so far in the Pug.
Ben G

18th Jan 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember an alfa tailgated me going into dartford tunnel, and i mean proper tailgating. couldn't see headlights or bonnet

i gently tapped the brakes, not enough to slow down, just enough to get the brake lights on.

all i saw next was the front end of an alfa dive down and the driver shit himself. absolute classic moment that was.

then he done the usual flashing lights/arms waving but keeping a distance
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i remember an alfa tailgated me going into dartford tunnel, and i mean proper tailgating. couldn't see headlights or bonnet

i gently tapped the brakes, not enough to slow down, just enough to get the brake lights on.

all i saw next was the front end of an alfa dive down and the driver shit himself. absolute classic moment that was.

then he done the usual flashing lights/arms waving but keeping a distance

Brilliant!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Jas

18th Jan 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was said about separate switch for brake lights.. night stage rally drivers use that one, but in opposite effect, so that they dont give away any corners
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
i just try to ignore them.

edit or if its on the motorway and im in the corsa il have a game of lets see whos faster
I do like this game Had some bummer in an average spec diesel Focus try to overtake me on the way home from Devon a few months back, he couldn't get past no matter how many times he tried, so decided to go for it on some double white lines instead Tool.
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Just slow down to about 5mph below the speed limit. It doesn't piss me off remotely but you can tell they're getting proper rage on as their standard of driving usually drops significantly. If they hit me then they're going to get FUCKED.
I usually slow down to about 10mph then boot it back up to the limit. Tends to work

Had some mental middle aged woman behind me once going through a 40 zone, proper close behind and I knew there was a speed camera coming up so I slowed down to 15mph and she got properly irate

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Matt L

18th Jan 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by GTM
I sometimes think i should wire a separate break light in my rear window to a switch on the dash for just this reason, flick it on but carry on moving.

I've thought the same! Would love that, shit people right up haha

Be a piece of piss to do, think i may give it a bash.

also you'd be fucked if someone actualyl went in the back of you and found the insurance company found it as thats what most people who dont fancy working for a living are doing at the moment.

There was a bloke at work who was on about somone who went into the back of someone (person in front made them do it) who when they got the police involved they found out the bloke who got hit had around 10 or so claims going on at the same time and he had a switch to turn his brake lights off so got funked for it .
Crana

18th Jan 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jas
what was said about separate switch for brake lights.. night stage rally drivers use that one, but in opposite effect, so that they dont give away any corners

In a corsa B just use the fog light button I've tricked a few with it
GTM

18th Jan 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Or just use the fogs?

i already do, its what gave me the idea.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Jan 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let them get on with it, crashing would be profitable. Not worth playing games, that just makes you as bad as them.
Simon

18th Jan 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend put P plates in her car when she passed, uses them as an excuse when she fucks up When I drive her car I find I get tail gated a lot more than when I'm in mine which I put down to the P plate. I normally hit the brakes
Jas

18th Jan 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crana
quote:
Originally posted by Jas

In a corsa B just use the fog light button I've tricked a few with it

I'll remember that next time I'm driving my caddy van or my ibiza
nathy_87

18th Jan 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happend to me when I was going to Birmingham Saturday, jsut tapped the brakes then he backed off for a bit then done it again, I put my foot down (as much as I can) then he stayed back. But if Im in the work car then, I just go slower and wait for them to speed up then I speed up, I've hada few tell me to pull over so I have and they drive off I was like
Graham88

18th Jan 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if I'm in the van or car, van I just sit at 5mph below the speed limit. Car I just put my foot down a bit to leave a gap, if they don't get the message then I tend to get annoyed myself and depends on the car as to what happens next
kav

18th Jan 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it always middle aged men who think the own the road or van drivers so i just have a play and wind them up
Tomnova16
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It happens rarely. I just ignore them. When I was in the nova I use to slow down and let them overtake. Then floor it when they were next to me. One pak in his uncles mercedes innit ,nearly hit a traffic island and and another car. So I don't do it anymore. Was funny though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ronson

18th Jan 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods

Take tonight for example. I was just driving home from work, there was some traffic on one of the main roads going about 10mph. I was leaving a slight gap of about a cars length between me and the car in front. Next thing I know this van comes absolutely flying up behind me literally inches off my bumper. I thought they might have misjudged it or something so I carried on. But no it stayed glued to my arse, couldn't only just see the headlights in my mirror it was that close. The bloke then starts revving his engine at me so I slowed right down to a crawl which really pissed him off But being as he was so close his lights were blinding me so I sped back up in the end. He then starts signalling for me to pull over which I declined lol. I then turned off into my estate and he followed me so I swiftly fucked off as fast as I could and managed to lose him. Didn't fancy getting stabbed in the face tbh. The thing is he couldn't have been that much of a rush if he's got time to follow me round my estate?!

So you played a hero on the roads but you were too scared to tell him he shouldn't drive so close to you?
gazza808

18th Jan 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends which car i'm in..
the corsa i usually let them try and attempt to undertake this 1litre corsa with a loud exhaust
while booting it and leaving them no where to go,
in the passat i give a tap of the brakes, if they still don't get the point and theres no one behind them, i slam on majorly to avoid the deer in the road
i have had a few arguements on the hard shoulder, most fuck off when you pull over and see your door opening lol!
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was bound to be one hater I never said I was a hero? I just don't like people trying to intimidate me on the road As for being too scared, at the end of the day you don't know what sort of nutter is behind the wheel. When someone starts going out of their way to follow me I'm not hanging about waiting for it all to go pear shaped.
ianofbhills

18th Jan 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually if people are tailgating its because the car in front is in the wrong lane.

Everybody is guilty of it i'm sure.

Neo

18th Jan 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get tailgatted daily, whether its on the a12 or on a back road. Yesterdays example was I was stuck behind someone doing 40 in a 60 obviously looking for a turn off as it was an unlit back road. The person insisted on trying to polish my exhaust, as soon as the person in front pulled into a different road I nailed it. The person wasn't anywhere to be seen. The NSL turned to a 30, I slowed and about 3 minutes later cuntfuck was back on my tail and eventually overtook me.

I give up and try to ignore it, wouldnt break or slow down more, but if I could go I will.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just don't like people trying to intimidate me on the road

Exactly right Shaun,like i've said before i just want to go out to enjoy driving it

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
griffo8606

18th Jan 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it pisses me off to shaun, i was in my golf few months back when a shitty 306 was up my arse when i had my daughter in the back with the famous "baby on board" sign in window, so i slow'd down then stopped got out and fuckin bollocked the lil prick
Ben G

18th Jan 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
Usually if people are tailgating its because the car in front is in the wrong lane.

Everybody is guilty of it i'm sure.

hardly

you ever been on the a13 at 6am on a weekday? all 3 lanes with traffic doing between 50-70mph and theres always twats who sit 10cm off the rear bumper of the car infront, then constantly braking as they are so close to crashing
MarkSport

18th Jan 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Didn't fancy getting stabbed in the face tbh.

giving him road rage in a car as noticable as yours mate. lets just hope he dont see it parked up in your workplace

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tailgating 23 database queries in 0.0169330 seconds