corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The jaws of life..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The jaws of life..
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
21st Jan 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL!

In all seriousness though it had no MOT or TAX but it was a reasonable car. It came in through Carcycle for £50 and it weighs in for the same amount of money whether or not its in one piece or ten.
sand-eel

21st Jan 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF
Why didn't you buy it MOT it and sell it?
DaveyLC

21st Jan 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not worth it.. We get several cars a day if everyone that was good got sorted out and sold we'd run out of space to process the ones that arent.. It makes more financial sense to just process cars in high volume.
sand-eel

21st Jan 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could do it in your spare time at home?
3CorsaMeal

21st Jan 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the jaws of life would make a good name for a game show
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you could tell a decent car from a shit one?
DaveyLC

21st Jan 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not worth bothering with..

Tell you what if someone on here wants to give me Scrap Value + £50 for all the good cars and you can collect on the day you are MORE than welcome to them
ChrisBoom

21st Jan 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These tools are great fun, we have a combi-tool on our applicance (Cutting and speading), but on the course for it we got the dedicated versions, some power in them! The hydraulic ram is good fun too
jonnysri

21st Jan 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get to use them for real car accidents
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Its not worth bothering with..

Tell you what if someone on here wants to give me Scrap Value + £50 for all the good cars and you can collect on the day you are MORE than welcome to them

Give me a list of the good cars then? If one is worth having, I'll have it

And if you get any more MB6's in, give me a message!

[Edited on 22-01-2011 by Eck]
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jan 11 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is, scrap value + getting it home probably equates to about what you would pay for it in Autotrader at the moment.
Paul_J

22nd Jan 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha! Brilliant
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Problem is, scrap value + getting it home probably equates to about what you would pay for it in Autotrader at the moment.

Possibly. But the engine alone would sell for at LEAST 10x what Davey said he got it for to the Honda boys.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jan 11 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the maths on it and factor in the time taken to take it out, photograph it, advertise it, deal with people.

If you're getting cars for £50 you're tripling your money taking them straight to scrap and that takes some loading and a bit of driving.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the time taken to go out and photograph it is factored into selling cars now?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jan 11 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're in business, yes. Everything you do during the working day has a cost, and the costs are lower if you don't faff.

There's a cost to this thread but he sounds like he enjoyed it so that's OK.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's his car, he can do with it wtf he wants But even if he advertised it with no pictures, no mot, no tax and said the shell was completely fucked and would need trailored away, he'd still get over £400 cash in hand.
ed

22nd Jan 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is like lesson one in how businesses work.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jan 11 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if he carried on collecting scrappers for that hour and took them all to the scrappy, he'd also have £400 in his hand and not have to deal with people coming to buy stuff, haggle and complain.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whoopty fucking do All I'm saying is he could have received more money for THAT PARTICULAR CAR. I've taken on board what you have said, STILL don't give a rats arse and will continue to say he could have made more for that car
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jan 11 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I agree with you.

I also think it's a shame that good cars aren't treated differently.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least we agree on something I will make you move over to Vtec in April.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame you couldn't keep the good ones and break them, especailly these, flybikeslee split one last year I'm sure and he made decent cash, a mate at work just sold one with tax and fresh MOT for 1600
DaveyLC

22nd Jan 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do the maths on it and factor in the time taken to take it out, photograph it, advertise it, deal with people.

If you're getting cars for £50 you're tripling your money taking them straight to scrap and that takes some loading and a bit of driving.

As Ian says its alright when its a one off but if we did this for every car we'd never get anything done!
DaveyLC

22nd Jan 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
It's a shame you couldn't keep the good ones and break them, especailly these, flybikeslee split one last year I'm sure and he made decent cash, a mate at work just sold one with tax and fresh MOT for 1600

Again space is an issue! If you are talking about a couple of cars a month yeah I agree but we're talking about closer to hundred!

It just isnt worth it, in this business you need volume.

[Edited on 22-01-2011 by DaveyLC]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The jaws of life.. 22 database queries in 0.0161529 seconds