corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners

Poll: Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners
  Yes, no problem.
  I would have a joint account for living and mortgage etc but also keep my own account.
  No, I would keep my money separate from theirs unless we were married.
  Other

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 11 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have everything completely joint so long as she didn't waste money on bollocks I didn't need.
emicen

22nd Jan 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally (and the rough game plan when a long termer nearly got her talons in to me a few years back ) I'd reckon yes to having a joint account which all the bills, house and joint spends come out of. Stuff like mortgage, council tax, utilities, Sky/internet, food, holidays, couches, TVs etc. Each contributes the same percentage of their wages to cover it.

Rest keep for yourself to cover your frivolities as you please. Then neither really has the right to bitch about the other's spending habbits.

But then again, that was really based on the knowledge my entire wage would have been spunked on Dune shoes before I knew wtf was going on, with a more down to earth girl, joint for everything could work
Simon

22nd Jan 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think I will ever share a general account, as soon as you do you then have to justify everything you buy
Fee

22nd Jan 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and Adam have been together nearly 10 years, married nearly 2, owned 2 flats together....and we keep our accounts separate

We have joint for mortgages and bills

Adam is now in charge of the car bills, I'm in charge of holidays and clothes
Jamie Walby

22nd Jan 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be worried about having ALL my money in a joint account with a girlfriend/wife! I'd be concerned that it could turn into a what's mine is hers and what hers is hers situation
Ben J

22nd Jan 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus earns more than me anyway.
Ben G

22nd Jan 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
My missus earns more than me anyway.

i don't think i could handle that. i usually bring up the whole ''i earn more than you'' thing whenever we have an argument or just to piss her off
Ben J

22nd Jan 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't bother me. Modern times etc. At the end of the day it's all about combined income and not who brings in what.
Ben G

22nd Jan 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is true. i still like laying down the law though.
WATSON

22nd Jan 11 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have a joint account with my other half but she keeps my bank card and takes what she needs ect.
Tommy

22nd Jan 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me n my mrs have a joint account, easier for bills mortgage etc to come out of one and to keep track of
_Allan_

22nd Jan 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the mrs have a joint account. She earns double what I do at present. We don't really argue about money though.
Xs

22nd Jan 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joint for bills etc then the rest is yours, until kids came along then all in a joint account so the money is always there should they need something. Oh and 50-60k is a lot of indoor fireworks!
Demo

22nd Jan 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a joint account to pay bills mortgage etc

keep rest in our own accounts

missus earns 15k and i earn 25k

i would never have just one account with her as i would never have any money left. although i would have a tremendous shoe collection
Jules S
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seperate accounts here, and she pays all the bills etc

I spend more on her than all the bills though tbh

We also have a joint account for holidays and I dump whatever money I have left at the end of the month in there too.

It seems to work ok....however, it does take some understanding that it's all 'our' money not mine/yours
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jan 11 at 02:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure I would want the hassle of assigning items to people. Surely it's just easier that it either of you wants something you just buy it?
Bart

23rd Jan 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

Our money is seperate, I spend way too much for her to find out by seeing joint statements!

Dam right lol
I am also married, have a daughter, mortgage etc
We have a couple of joint accounts and both out our half of the bills into the joint account.
Kerry

23rd Jan 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had separate accounts but all the bills went out of my account and Russ used to pay money in every month. Anything else I.e shopping we spent on a tesco credit card to get the points and paid it off in full half each every month

Since I've been made redundant we have gone joint but there are other benefits as mine is a packaged account we both get mobile insurance, green flag, etc

Keep savings separate though
Siberia

23rd Jan 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm with the misus for nearly 12 years.. married for nearly 4 years... we still keep all our money seperate...

its been discussed many times about joining it all together untill we both realise that it would just end up in arguements..

everything is split down the middle. mortgage/bills/shopping etc. etc.

most of the bills are paid out of my account and then i just get half it back off here... some of the smaller bills i wouldnt bother asking for it.

[Edited on 23-01-2011 by Siberia]

[Edited on 23-01-2011 by Siberia]
Whittie

23rd Jan 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say once you know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, then joint account would be an option. However if it goes tits up it will hurt & destroy you 10 times worse.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Girlfriend and I have a joint account for bills and everything. Keep spereate accounts for ourselves

This
Kerry

23rd Jan 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got mega dicked over with an ex and joint account scenario!
drunkenfool

23rd Jan 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the comments guys, I knew it wasn't just me being unreasonable
Whittie

23rd Jan 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be silly Matt, you've not been with your partner long enough yet imo anyway.
John G

23rd Jan 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally id suggest we both have pur own accounts where our wages go into but open a joint account where we'd both put a certain amount in to cover your half of the bills and a little extra and at the end of the year use the amount that has built up each month that hasnt been used on the mortgage and bills to pay a clump of the mortgage off

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners 22 database queries in 0.0559831 seconds