corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DSG

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DSG
T21SVJ

User status: Offline
24th Jan 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Pretty much the same as you really, would love an auto as my daily drive now but miss the control of a manual when giving it the beans.,

This.

Strange you say about the delay on DSG. Must be a bit broke because I've always heard it's one of the best flappy paddles.

I thought they were quick at changing (3.2 TT i drove). Only thing i didnt like was in a situation like this (when in auto mode);

Driving along, doing 40 or so. Glance down the road and see nothing comming so you plant it. It knocked down to 3rd from 4th, and started to buld up speed, then all of a sudden down changes again into 2nd. This makes the car 'redline', and is well out of its power band and istantly changed back into 3rd. The whole time im on the wrong side of the road with foot planted. Was abit of a moment.

i got DSG on my ibiza and yes it is anoying, ive got use to it now though, there is talk that you can get the gearbox maped and the kickdown in manual turned off
adiohead

24th Jan 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate's brand new Octavia vRS changes gear instantly! that 170 diesel engine is a monster!
Fro

24th Jan 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Wow the A3 is only 140bhp, I'd be curious to see what driving a 300bhp DSG car is like... Yeah gear changes are a piss take, cheating bastards tbh

Oh and when it changed gear going round a high speed corner it unsettled the car a bit, I imagine that's worse with 300bhp

[Edited on 24-01-2011 by xa0s]

Change gear in any car going round a high speed corner and it will unsettle it

Done it in my 350 which was manual and was fish tailing
Neo

24th Jan 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove the fabia VRS with the DSG, expected a lot more from it. When I'm having a thrash I like to feel like i'm holding the reigns back, however it lacked any sense or urgency or fun...Great as an everyday I could imagine, but not for having a laugh and enjoying it.
adiohead

24th Jan 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it in sport mode?
Neo

24th Jan 11 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, really wasn't what I was expecting as I oftenly drive an octy vrs aswell.
Corsa_Sport21

24th Jan 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by T21SVJ
quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Pretty much the same as you really, would love an auto as my daily drive now but miss the control of a manual when giving it the beans.,

This.

Strange you say about the delay on DSG. Must be a bit broke because I've always heard it's one of the best flappy paddles.

I thought they were quick at changing (3.2 TT i drove). Only thing i didnt like was in a situation like this (when in auto mode);

Driving along, doing 40 or so. Glance down the road and see nothing comming so you plant it. It knocked down to 3rd from 4th, and started to buld up speed, then all of a sudden down changes again into 2nd. This makes the car 'redline', and is well out of its power band and istantly changed back into 3rd. The whole time im on the wrong side of the road with foot planted. Was abit of a moment.

i got DSG on my ibiza and yes it is anoying, ive got use to it now though, there is talk that you can get the gearbox maped and the kickdown in manual turned off

Yep that is true.When my boss got his Mk5 Gti mapped,Star Performance said the next best thing to do is adjust the gearbox.Can get launch control etc from it.
3i_gaz

26th Jan 11 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i bought a nice spec VAG it would have to be a DSG one
pow
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto's just aren't for a proper drivers car, fact, but, give me a VAG or Merc auto to drive my 15k a year 'boring milage' anyday!
Fro

26th Jan 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto isn't for a proper drivers car i'll admit, but far from boring.
pow
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant my everyday milage Fro

The Prius is far for boring the way I drive it

[Edited on 26-01-2011 by pow]
3i_gaz

27th Jan 11 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a freind of mine before his new shape S3 had a 380bhp DSG edition 30 and tbh it was all the car a manual was and a bit more!! made it an awesome road car!! his S3 is the same spec and jsut dosent seem as savage without the dsg.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DSG 22 database queries in 0.0613620 seconds