corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rush hour racing / aggressive driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rush hour racing / aggressive driving
sc0ott

User status: Offline
27th Jan 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do that as well. 60 mph roads and the amount of shit bags who go 40.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Jan 11 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070308

quote:

You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed - which at roadworks they would be.

micra_pete
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously, its like some people have no home / place to go to.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 11 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got bollocked by the Police for telling them I wanted to be at home and not driving in rush hour.
Ash_EP3

28th Jan 11 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes me laugh when you get a big truck or van that sits in the middle of both lanes no one getting past then
T21SVJ

28th Jan 11 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
It makes me laugh when you get a big truck or van that sits in the middle of both lanes no one getting past then

i used to do this when i was driving my octavia, but doesnt work now in my small ibiza
Ste M

28th Jan 11 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The network in this town at the moment is fucking horrendous. From 4pm until about 6pm, the town centre is a gridlock because of the stupid one way system and only one damn road that takes you the main route out of the town centre.

WANKERS in white transit vans cutting in at fucking speed and not even bothering to indicate, then breaking hard. Taxi drivers who think they rule the bloody road and make u-turns wherever they damn well feel like, buses one after another, sometimes 3 in a row, not to mention the fuckin' coffin dodgers who have no concept of modern day rules of the road and should be forced to take a modern day driving test, and to be told to stick their paper licence up their elated arses!

/rant.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 11 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the road is set up and marked for merging fair enough i do it, its when its only a sinlge line queuing round a roundabout onto a single carriageway then you get idiots bypassing the whole lot on the inside and cutting in further up the single lane road it annoys me, if i see anyone coming up the inside after the roundabout i pull out the line of traffic and block there path

[Edited on 28-01-2011 by Steve]
Jambo

28th Jan 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy the merge in turn game too!!

It makes me rage though because it's like the cunts that are waiting to pull out of a junction/road/drive when they see you coming, wait until the last second and BAM pull out infornt of you doing 25mph in a 40 the whole time when there's nothing behind me

Makes me wanna get a shotgun and shoot my girlfriend in stomach and a copper in the face
3CorsaMeal

28th Jan 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i have someone too close behind i wait till going up a hill, indicate right and pretty much stop, then i wait till they stop and then speed off

then we see who has the faster car
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jan 11 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also dont think filling the road before a merge in is best. U get a bottle neck water effect. Better to keep one stream flowing slow and steady. Unless the exit size changes ur trying to cram more through the same space at once and causes more congestion

[Edited on 28-01-2011 by Steve]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jan 11 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pleased to say that the road works on my route to work this morning were successfully negotiated using the inherently fair merge in turn system. No overtaking the queue, no road rage, no danger.

Also anyone complaining about taxis or vans, go drive a taxi or a van. I've done the latter and when an extra five minutes per drop means an hour less in my house later, you soon sympathise with people for whom driving is their working day.
John

28th Jan 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking longer to get through a queue because of inconsiderate mergers stops me getting home.

Bombing up then cutting in last minute 100% causes a slowdown.
sand-eel

28th Jan 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed going through traffic in the motorbike, sometimes people deliberatly try and pull out in my way, because they are annoyed I can pass everyone and they have to sit, fucking dangerous actually the twats.

[Edited on 28-01-2011 by sand-eel]
sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
I've noticed going through traffic in the motorbike, sometimes people deliberatly try and pull out in my way, because they are annoyed I can pass everyone and they have to sit, fucking dangerous actually the twats.

and what would happen if you hit someones mirror by accident and you fell off your bike and snapped your little english penis? you wouldnt think twice about blaming the car driver for not giving more room.
noshua

28th Jan 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the way to uni the other day, some waste of space old codger wouldn't move into the outside lane to let me merge into his lane - just because he wanted to exit a few hundred meters down the road.

Had two options, pull in front of him or go straight into the kerb, as I didn't fancy a crash I pulled in front of him which resulted in him sitting on his horn until the next exit

[Edited on 28-01-2011 by noshua]
sand-eel

28th Jan 11 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:

and what would happen if you hit someones mirror by accident and you fell off your bike and snapped your little english penis? you wouldnt think twice about blaming the car driver for not giving more room.

Well if they were stationary obviously it would be my fault, also i'm not English nor have a small penis!
sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:

Well if they were stationary obviously it would be my fault, also i'm not English nor have a small penis!

But if they were moving then whos fault would it be because im pretty damm sure it wont be legal in the uk.
i cant ever recall their being a rule about checking for motorcyclists driving through the middle in both my theory and practical car test. checking mirrors yes but moving to let motorcyclists through the middle no.
sand-eel

28th Jan 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh? It would be my fault obviously, I'm talking about a hand full of arseholes that DELIBERATLY try to make you crash.
So your saying you don't bother looking out for motorcyclists because its not in the highway code?
sand-eel

28th Jan 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is legal to filter through traffic!
sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the speed limit for filtering then?

i look out for motorcyclists in the manner i was tought / told (i.e checking mirrors before pulling out, checking blind spots etc).
when im driving on 50mph roads (i.e driving across the forth road bridge) or 70mph roads that have ques which make drivers travel at around 4-50 there are plenty of motorcyclists filtering through.
Jambo

28th Jan 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My biggest hate which happens on a daily basis to me and obviously by women.

Dual carriageway 40mph limit, sitting in the overtaking lane doing 30mph because in 3miles they are going to turn right. When as soon as they go down the road finding some other goon doing 30mph causing a rollingroadblock for everyone else.

I wish to harm their children
Christopher

28th Jan 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime of the day! The worst is like 5-6 at night when everyone bombs it to get home :/
John

28th Jan 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It is legal to filter through traffic!

Same laws apply as with overtaking iirc.
sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a quick google and it says its fine to do it aslong as its 20mph or below.
my speedo must be out though

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rush hour racing / aggressive driving 22 database queries in 0.0098090 seconds