corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Steve Coogan on Top Gear

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steve Coogan on Top Gear
Simon

User status: Offline
6th Feb 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think everybody likes it, that's why people are bothered by the way its changed. If we didn't we wouldn't care that chumps like Hammond are trying to be something they aren't and runing it along the way
CORSA NUT

6th Feb 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Such a bunch of moaning cunts on here at times, don't like it? don't watch it and fuck off, it's not your show and obviously alot more people like it than don't hence it's international popularity, if it isn't quite your cup of tea just watch something else instead of thinking it should be changed to suit your tastes.

That Stewart Lee clip was funny however

dont like opinions? fuck off and dont come on corsasport

MatG

6th Feb 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

6th Feb 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing he's failing to realise is that it wasn't even funny.
Nath

6th Feb 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[/moan]
alan-g-w

7th Feb 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The thing he's failing to realise is that it wasn't even funny.

This is the main problem. It wasn't so much the content of the joke, more the way that it was said with no wit. It was just mindless chat to get some cheap laughs.
mwg

7th Feb 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammond is a nob, never really liked him.

Apart from that the show is fine, Clarkson and May are being themselves like they always have. The only bit I dont like is the celebrity in the reasonably priced car, that bits boring. I bet all the moaners watch it every week And I bet Steve Coogan does too

Steve Coogan is shit anyway.

[Edited on 07-02-2011 by mwg]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Feb 11 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
hammond trying to copy clarksons sense of humour has been making me cringe for as long as i can remember. i have no idea why the audience laugh at any of shite he comes out with because its not funny

Because you are told when to laugh and if you dont they do a retake.
adiohead

7th Feb 11 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy their humour but the program could be so much better if it was more focused on cars.

Robo C20Let

7th Feb 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another political correct debate. we say a little bit of bad humor and the whole world goes crazy, the pakis say lets bomb everyone and we go no dont here is a house and benefits personally i couldnt care what they said on the show
Neo

7th Feb 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, because Coogan is the perfect person to criticize people for racial stereotyping [cough]Tony Ferrino [/cough]

The people that get offended by TG are those, in most part, that do not watch it.

This episode along with the whole killing prostitutes saga only boosts the ratings of the show, people want to watch it to what else they may come out with. Brilliant marketing imo.

And the recent trials have been interesting (last nights with the MIGs and essentially the cold war museum esque atmosphere that makes me want to go there, and when they were in Iraq at christmas was an eye opener of how life there is) and feed the masses, for straight, family car reviews watch 5th gear (I remember a riveting article they once did on changing a head light bulb in a cmax), if you want mind numbing entertainment and loud engines on a sunday night, watch top gear and don't complain.
Jambo

7th Feb 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent seen it yet but as that's a link from the guardian I am inclined to say it's bollocks.
Butler

7th Feb 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Yep, because Coogan is the perfect person to criticize people for racial stereotyping [cough]Tony Ferrino [/cough]

The difference is that Coogan plays comedic fictional characters whereas these are real people not respecting rightfully their place in the public eye.
3CorsaMeal

7th Feb 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
He's got it spot on. Top Gear is a disgrace, it's just embarrassing to watch now. ]

why do people have these opinions of Top gear and not really about anything else

you all talk as if Top gear owes you something, or its made by the public for the public.

It a tv programme, it has feck all to do with all these modified car fans who think they are a part of the same scene.

Embarrasing to watch? wtf, have you helped produce it?
mwg

7th Feb 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack the lot of them unless they start reviewing eco friendly mass produced hatchbacks in a sensible manner every week.
Hammer

7th Feb 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how everyone treats it like their precious car show

If it weren't popular as an entertainment programme no one would give a shit about their personalities or the content of the show.
Neo

7th Feb 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
The difference is that Coogan plays comedic fictional characters whereas these are real people not respecting rightfully their place in the public eye.

So because its a fictional character you don't feel its racial stereotyping ?
kennySRi

7th Feb 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by ed
He's got it spot on. Top Gear is a disgrace, it's just embarrassing to watch now. ]

why do people have these opinions of Top gear and not really about anything else

you all talk as if Top gear owes you something, or its made by the public for the public.

It a tv programme, it has feck all to do with all these modified car fans who think they are a part of the same scene.

Embarrasing to watch? wtf, have you helped produce it?

Exactly this. So many people seem to moan so much about top gear, it makes no sense. Just dont watch it and carry on with your life I dont like most things on TV but i dont go out of my way to slate and for some reason watch it anyway just so i can summarise how crap it may be.

For me top gear is great and i have been watching every episode since before i can remember. Sometimes it isnt as good as it can be but i still watch it. I sometimes agree about hammond being a bit cringeworthy but at the end of the day the 3 of them are true mates and not just people who work with eachother and if they are enjoying doing top gear as much as it shows they are then no matter how much people complain, nothing is going to change.

As for the jokes/banter/slight racism, just deal with it or if you dont like it then dont watch it anymore.
mike56gte

7th Feb 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Lets face it....Clarkson is a genius when it comes to what he does..sure he aint the best driver in the world but boy can he write about a car even after 30 years in the game it never gets old.

Hammond lost it about 2 years ago and James May?? I think he brilliant personally
3CorsaMeal

7th Feb 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like how Franky Boyle is on the tv and people pick up on Top gears insults and complain, yet Franky says what he likes and gets away with it.

sometimes i watch franky boyle and think he isn't doing comedy, he is just saying things no one else dares to say.
AndyKent

7th Feb 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, the programme has kind of turned into a "who can we insult next" type thing. Mexicans, Aussies and then Albanians. I love it and the banter works well I think but I can see how some people might get upset about it.
3CorsaMeal

7th Feb 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the base of most jokes imo, insults and stereotypes.

its what makes life great, think about how much Top gear has insulted the UK, and UK cars, its just humour
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Feb 11 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Sack the lot of them unless they start reviewing eco friendly mass produced hatchbacks in a sensible manner every week.
They tried that, it was called Fifth Gear and it got cancelled

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Nath

7th Feb 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
They tried that, it was called Fifth Gear and it got cancelled
5th Gear is/was utter shite.
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Feb 11 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I watched it they would have some random car on that they decided was exciting that week and it was either new and boring or old and moderately interesting.

If they were still doing it I would expect Tom Ford to come on doing that annoying thing that he does and saying "Here's the new VW Passat with a small diesel engine which is slow and they claim you can get 1000 miles from a tank of fuel. Let's see if we can get 1000 miles from it by driving up the M1 and back and play the footage back in real time. This ought to be really interesting...".

[Edited on 07-02-2011 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Steve Coogan on Top Gear 23 database queries in 0.0160551 seconds