corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brakes Day:

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brakes Day:
Warren G

User status: Offline
8th Feb 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I HAVE BRAND NEW DS2500 PADS FOR SALE

btw
Corsa_Sport21

8th Feb 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Turbo calipers with Fiat Coupe 288mm discs and standard pads on old XE Corsa.

Cant say i noticed any difference in the weight while driving on the road.But then again i aint no track god so wouldn't be able to tell.What issues would the heavier caliper cause please??

Also no drama's with this so called pedal travel.They bit as soon as the pedal was touched and never faded.Maybe these folk who have suffered a shite pedal feel need to learn how to bleed brakes.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about the 2ltr vs. V6 option the other day when we started stripping a Vec V6. I've got 2ltrs atm which seemed to be fine on my old Corsa so with the shit pedal everyone talks about on the V6s, plus the extra weight, I'm sticking with the 2ltrs and just get some DS2500s when the pads are due a change
Warren G

8th Feb 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=592384

naz-gsi

8th Feb 11 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had Black Diamond 256x25 discs n pads on my old astra 1.8 sport normal everyday use were spot on no issues
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
I had Turbo calipers with Fiat Coupe 288mm discs and standard pads on old XE Corsa.

Cant say i noticed any difference in the weight while driving on the road.But then again i aint no track god so wouldn't be able to tell.What issues would the heavier caliper cause please??

Also no drama's with this so called pedal travel.They bit as soon as the pedal was touched and never faded.Maybe these folk who have suffered a shite pedal feel need to learn how to bleed brakes.

Turbo calipers have a smaller piston (or so I'm led to believe) which is better for the small Corsa master cylinder to cope with.

The weight issue for me was purely because I feel the 2ltr setup to be good enough for now so carrying more weight is unnecessary, especially when weight saving is the main aim for my track car
Corsa_Sport21

8th Feb 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ive had both and the turbo caliper is far far better.I just thought when every1 mentioned "V6" calipers,they were including the turbo calipers into the "shite pedal feel,m/c to small" argument.
Jake

8th Feb 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, i heard turbo calipers are better but more difficult to get hold of
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 292mm setup that I rate pretty highly - the Calipers are OE 1.6 ones, with upgraded Pads

The only thing is, I've never seen them for sale anywhere (found them through a private seller on eBay) so I'm not sure what I'll do once the Discs are worn out.

I've found a supplier for some of the manufacturers other products, but they weren't helpful when I got in touch

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brakes Day: 22 database queries in 0.4918439 seconds