corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brands Hatch Feb 17th - Bedford GT Feb 26th: Taster Sessions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brands Hatch Feb 17th - Bedford GT Feb 26th: Taster Sessions
Graham88

User status: Offline
8th Feb 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree to a certain extent JR it's still good fun, but it's basically 5 main corners. It's a bigger/faster Lydden Hill. Both are boring but I'll still go on both just because it's fun. I enjoyed Silverstone 10x more
jr

8th Feb 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I don't like sliverstone, can't get in any form of rythem there and find it far to big and wide in the slowish cars I've used there
Graham88

8th Feb 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's true in slower cars it must be a bit dull as you come out of a corner and the straight looks massive, but I thoroughly enjoyed having blasts with other cars. Plus wide enough to pass easily etc etc. Each to their own
Graeme
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would mind a go at bedford in the missus twingo at Bedford as it's about 5 mins down the road but don't want it to be full of dick heads that would be dangerous. What's it like there with regards to attracting knobs?
smcGSI16V

8th Feb 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean James, boring is the wrong word really.

I find it very similar to Mallory, it's a very easy track learn, hard to master, but once you've learnt it it is so easy to get into a rythum on it and then bang! 20 mins has gone so quickly and you've done 20 laps.
But with them both being really short and almost a sprint track length they can become a bit mundane(even that isn't the word).
Graham88

9th Feb 11 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Would mind a go at bedford in the missus twingo at Bedford as it's about 5 mins down the road but don't want it to be full of dick heads that would be dangerous. What's it like there with regards to attracting knobs?

Same risk as any trackday really. The thing with trackdays is generally they're ok as people who drive like dickheads don't bother doing it on a track, and anybody who does drive like a dick gets black flagged anyway. Generally if I think somebody is behaving in a way I don't like but not necessarily bad enough to be black flagged, I simply back off or come into the pits until that person comes off the circuit. 9/10 people have respect for everybody else & their cars whilst on track.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Feb 11 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
See I don't like sliverstone, can't get in any form of rythem there and find it far to big and wide in the slowish cars I've used there
Exactly my experience of it. I think a lot of that is familiarity.
Captain_Rosco

9th Feb 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are people actually going to/paid for Brands on the 17th ?

Ojc

9th Feb 11 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what to do, think Brands.
Warren G

9th Feb 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh the main roads are more fun, tarmac rally stage
antnee

9th Feb 11 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new layout at Snetterton looks good!
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
tbh the main roads are more fun, tarmac rally stage

that's why I do 12 car navigation excersise things. Basically rallying on open roads. Mainly yellow roads and some white roades. Great fun!
Paul_J

9th Feb 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by jr
Exactly my experience of it. I think a lot of that is familiarity.

Same - silverstone is such a dull flat track.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brands Hatch Feb 17th - Bedford GT Feb 26th: Taster Sessions 22 database queries in 0.0107031 seconds