corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain..
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know

I thought I'd post it up as I was curious as to how much we are being ripped off by!

I might move to the USA - cost me only £20 to fill up a 60 litre tank out there last year!
nibnob21
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Takes the piss how much we have to pay to be honest. But I suppose if we weren't taxed on it then we would just be taxed more somewhere else...

MX5 Project Thread
SetH

22nd Feb 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a Police man over here pushes a protester he ends up in Court. Over there you can pop caps in the Cunts.

This is the reason these countries dont have a CHAV generation
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Most of the protesters in these countries just protest peacefully - it's the corrupt governments that want to silence them as they aren't allowed to speak out against anything - unlike in the UK where everyone is allowed to voice an opinion, over in those countries you get murdered if you speak out.

It's bad that they have to die to get their message across, but hopefully it won't be in vain and people can actually stand up to the corruption and wrongdoings in these countries that Westerners condone in order to get their supply of oil at good prices...

whats really bad is the fact we have publically backed these leaders who hold power by force in these countries.... we trade with them, sell them arms, free their prisoners ... untill the population take power back by force then we publically denounce these evil dictators.

Its a load of crap - egypt, iraq, afghanistan, libya, bahrain - we backed and sold arms to all these fucking maniacs....hell - we even gave them weapons for free if we thought they were going to kill communists with them.

Then we have the balls to fight 'a war on terror' --- it would be funny if it wasnt actually scary

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
If a Police man over here pushes a protester he ends up in Court. Over there you can pop caps in the Cunts.

I'd rather have a chav generation in all honesty.
emicen

22nd Feb 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Most of the protesters in these countries just protest peacefully - it's the corrupt governments that want to silence them as they aren't allowed to speak out against anything - unlike in the UK where everyone is allowed to voice an opinion, over in those countries you get murdered if you speak out.

It's bad that they have to die to get their message across, but hopefully it won't be in vain and people can actually stand up to the corruption and wrongdoings in these countries that Westerners condone in order to get their supply of oil at good prices...

That's a bit broad brush to be fair.

Of the current problem states (not all arab either, as someone else called them) there are marked differences:
- Egypt, elected PM/Govt but refuse to step down, no oil
- Libya, dictatorship which refuses democracy, got oil
- Bahrain, sovereignty which appoints Govt iirc, got oil

Whilst you say we ignore it because we want the oil, you could equally argue that not accepting it and trying to force our values on to them is exactly what spawned Al Qaeda style thinking.

Also, us getting high and mighty and not buying their oil till they sort out their people's standard of living and human rights would do nothing. China, who openly don't give a fuck would happily suck up the excess supply.
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Of the current problem states (not all arab either, as someone else called them) there are marked differences:

Whilst you say we ignore it because we want the oil, you could equally argue that not accepting it and trying to force our values on to them is exactly what spawned Al Qaeda style thinking.

Also, us getting high and mighty and not buying their oil till they sort out their people's standard of living and human rights would do nothing. China, who openly don't give a fuck would happily suck up the excess supply.

How about us and america just stopped selling them weapons.....might help
SetH

22nd Feb 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

pregnant 16yr old sluts with those huge big gold hoops in trackie bottoms is what you masterbate too, admit this
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

pregnant 16yr old sluts with those huge big gold hoops in trackie bottoms is what you masterbate too, admit this

No, I'd rather not be shot at is my point
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re. Egypt - Mubarak was never elected, he took control of the country when his predecessor Anwar Sadat was assasinated by Islamic extremists. Mubarak and his family are some of the most richest and corrupt people in Egypt hence why the Egyptians want to freeze his overseas assets to get the money back to the country.

My comment about oil was directed at countries that export oil, I wasn't really saying all Arab countries do so.
SetH

22nd Feb 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I'd rather not be shot at is my point

Fucking behave yourself then
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll shoot you if you don't fucking behave.
SetH

22nd Feb 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With gentleman's relish?
emicen

22nd Feb 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

How about us and america just stopped selling them weapons.....might help

The Americans may well argue we should stop training them. SAS taught the Taliban and pretty sure there was a news story fairly recently of them doing bits and pieces with the Lybians.

@ Sam, wasn't including you in the Arab comment mate, just picking up on something someone else had said lumping all sandscape countries together.

IMHO, lessons learned from the last half century of middle eastern tension. Leave them the fuck alone to just get on with it!
Jambo

22nd Feb 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

At least somebody knows what they are talking about here
Nismo

22nd Feb 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ztNrUlIp-I&feature=related
Robbo

22nd Feb 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else just really not give a fuck about all this?

Just me?
nibnob21
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Anyone else just really not give a fuck about all this?

Just me?

Bit of a shit attitude to take if you ask me.

MX5 Project Thread
Robbo

22nd Feb 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why?
nibnob21
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just an ignorant approach to take. Just because you personally can't do anything to stop it, that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

Read the article in the description for this video. Makes you realise how fucked up some of the Government's are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3WRKoZPPao&feature=related&skipcontrinter=1

MX5 Project Thread
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given that the UK have sold arms to Bahrain, those people might have been killed by British bullets.
Robbo

22nd Feb 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Just an ignorant approach to take. Just because you personally can't do anything to stop it, that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

Read the article in the description for this video. Makes you realise how fucked up some of the Government's are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3WRKoZPPao&feature=related&skipcontrinter=1
nothing to do with that, just not interested. bored of hearing about other countries problems, we have enough of our own to deal with.
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh fuck em and them lot rioting in Egypt etc

Bunch of murdering rapists anyways.

Mypersonal opinion anyways. They prob have good reason to be protesting but i honestly couldnt care less.

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by Gary]
Jambo

22nd Feb 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Given that the UK have sold arms to Bahrain, those people might have been killed by British bullets.

Makes as much difference if they where shot by japaneese bullets tbh.
Jambo

22nd Feb 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ahh fuck em and them lot rioting in Egypt etc

Bunch of murdering rapists anyways.

Mypersonal opinion anyways. They prob have good reason to be protesting but i honestly couldnt care less.

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by Gary]

Mob mentality. It's well documented that people behave differently/badly in large numbers. Not that I condone it, but it's not quite as "evil" as you say.

Democracy in Islamic states and developing countries is a very good thing. Everyone should give a shit about it. It's historic.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain.. 23 database queries in 0.0145030 seconds