corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Guy spamming threads...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Guy spamming threads...
redtom

User status: Offline
27th Feb 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
The 50/30 rule should mean that you can't even view classifieds imo, it should be like that part of the forum doesn't exist.

Very good idea
frainey

27th Feb 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he just wants to sell stuff lol.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Feb 11 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's extremely annoying when I need to spam a certain number of posts to be able to view the classifieds, normally the main reason for joining the site.
Completely agree but speaking in favour of CS, it has saved a massive amount of repeat hassle from people coming back after problems.

And those who have come back have been identified. I would far rather this than not know.
CorsAsh

27th Feb 11 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtom
quote:
The 50/30 rule should mean that you can't even view classifieds imo, it should be like that part of the forum doesn't exist.

Very good idea

Not really, as GC will just fill up with adverts if people believe that there is no Classifieds section.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about hiding Wanted.
Jake

27th Feb 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone that buys from an ad in general chat deserves to get scammed. cull the mongs
Tom G

27th Feb 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Classifieds brings alot of traffic and members so this would be a bad move.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
anyone that buys from an ad in general chat deserves to get scammed. cull the mongs
I think his point may have been that they'll need removing, not they'll stay and be used.
CorsAsh

27th Feb 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't my point Jake.

Have been a couple of newbies posting in GC asking why they can't adverstise, then when they're told, they stick it in the wrong area anyway. It's just irritating and more work for Danny and co.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I've also no objection to people buying things.
DannyB
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
quote:

Very good idea

Not really, as GC will just fill up with adverts if people believe that there is no Classifieds section.

They will just get moved, not all that much hassle, there's been far less in here lately and the ones that did get posted get told straight away.

If people are genuine then they will stick around. People who dont sign up and look else where for a spoiler for sale wont affect us, as they must not want to use the site anyway, so we're not losing anything apart from another number on the member list.
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
quote:

Classifieds brings alot of traffic and members so this would be a bad move.

Again, if they were so interested then they would sign up and stick around.
redtom

27th Feb 11 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
quote:

Very good idea

What difference will it make? newcomers put forsale bits in GC anyway at the moment as they cant post in classifieds
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because they shouldn't Tom, and the staff have to deal with that.
redtom

27th Feb 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I genuinely dont see that classified posts in GC would increase noticably if you hid the classifieds section
Jamie-C

27th Feb 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice.
frainey

27th Feb 11 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake

Bought aload of stuff from novarobbo on here, usually always buy stuff from forums but i always see how long the guys been on the forum for first less chance they'll screw you over.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I genuinely dont see that classified posts in GC would increase noticably if you hid the classifieds section
Its about awareness. If people think there isn't one and they want to post, they're going to post.
redtom

27th Feb 11 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do see what your saying just im not sure it will be noticable i just think some may go elsewhere to another forum with a classifieds. probably completely wrong though
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a perfect solution. You should be able to sign up and within a few seconds be posting but we need to approve new registrations and then stop them selling as over the years the dickhead factor has got too great.

Which is a damn shame but welcome to the internet.

[Edited on 27-02-2011 by Ian]
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 days before you can see any of the classifieds sections, forget the post count part, make them aware of that during the sign up process. That might cut the spam of new members who leave comments everywhere.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And for genuine people?
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine people wont mind sticking around.

We do all this for you, the user, we don't benefit from it. It just helps to stop idiots signing up with a million accounts and taking your money fraudulently.
brebaz

27th Feb 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
the dickhead factor has got too great.

[Edited on 27-02-2011 by Ian]

the dickhead factor sounds like a tv show, this made me giggle.

Its abit obvious when someone is trying to scam though and people should be more aware that this is the interwebz and people arnt who you think, but lots of people are thick as fuck and belive anything.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Genuine people wont mind sticking around.
And genuine people who have their car less than 50 days?

I'm thinking about my experience with for example Puma People, I needed to buy and sell within a day of arriving home with the car and I got bargains and I also shifted some stuff on thanks to their (more) relaxed policy.

You have to balance the up-sides. If we were just thinking about preventing fraud we would close the entire thing to everyone.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Guy spamming threads... 22 database queries in 0.0946181 seconds