corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: RS6 MTM...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: RS6 MTM...
Pete_vxl

User status: Offline
1st Mar 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just jizzed, shat and coughed all at the same time. What a lovely car and excellent job.
Mattb

1st Mar 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing work as per usual - not a fan of the RS6 however - they tend to fall apart after 40k
Stu

1st Mar 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome work as usual and recognise the car from RS246! Shocked as the owner was a real enthusiast so I'm surprised it got into that shape!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
Amazing work as per usual - not a fan of the RS6 however - they tend to fall apart after 40k

Tend to fall apart after 40k?? What fell apart on yours??
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's one of the best transformations I've seen in a while, especially with the leather.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Piér

1st Mar 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
£500 I guess for the man hours and the finish isnt as bad as I thought. Thats a half price deal though, no chance I'd be paying 1k for it!

The quality you get from a detail like this would be better than the quality of a 1k respray, thats for sure.
N16K

1st Mar 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The improvement in the leather.....wow!
noshua

1st Mar 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's running the sort of power you're suggesting, he must have spunked quite a bit of money on it;

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS6/4-2-T-353-kW-480-hp-Quattro?FZID=RS6353Q&KIT=mrs6480568qx
CORSA NUT

1st Mar 11 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£500 for this is about right IMO 1K? Too much

I don't think people realise the lasting impression this has on the car? Even if you didn't wash it for 3 months all you'd have to do is a proper wash and it would be mint still.
BluKoo

1st Mar 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
If it's running the sort of power you're suggesting, he must have spunked quite a bit of money on it;

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS6/4-2-T-353-kW-480-hp-Quattro?FZID=RS6353Q&KIT=mrs6480568qx

Edit: Actually, I am wrong. According to my brother, its 500+.

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

I don't think people realise the lasting impression this has on the car? Even if you didn't wash it for 3 months all you'd have to do is a proper wash and it would be mint still.

You have to remember that this job took 5 days. Even at £1k, the value for money for level of skill and knowledge is a bargain.

5 x 8 hours = 40 hours.

£1000 / 40 hours = £25 per hour.

Obviously at £500 that works out at £12.50 per hour. Thats stupidly cheap.

quote:

You're correct.
In some cases even just a good power wash will clean the car up beautifully. A contactless wash is beneficial to the paint too. Less chance of scratching or marring the paint.

[Edited on 01-03-2011 by BluKoo]
adiohead

2nd Mar 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Shocked as the owner was a real enthusiast so I'm surprised it got into that shape!!!

It wasn't that bad... just a bit dirty

It's not like it was crashed, dented and rusting.

Just a little bit of dirt that comes off with soap
Jambo

2nd Mar 11 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. I'd rather see someone driving their car using it than sat on the drive invade it got dirty!

Well worth the cash if you have it imo
Stu

2nd Mar 11 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the thing people forget is that this isn't just a wash and wax!! I wouldn't spend £1000 on it because I try to keep my car in good shape so shouldn't need to but if I bought a bit of a dog for good money then I would!

I always thought the whole detailing thing was a load of bollocks but in cases like this I think its incredible what can be done!

Tom

2nd Mar 11 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome result, great car. What's the deal with the mtm RS6's? I know i've seen an MTM RS4 with a 'charger on, what do they do to the RS6?
adiohead

2nd Mar 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Awesome result, great car. What's the deal with the mtm RS6's? I know i've seen an MTM RS4 with a 'charger on, what do they do to the RS6?

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS6/4-2-T-331-kW-450-hp-Quattro?FZID=RS6331Q
http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS6/4-2-T-353-kW-480-hp-Quattro?FZID=RS6353Q
SetH

2nd Mar 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome Detail, loving the chemical treatments prior to the Claying. May give that a go this Year.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by noshua

Edit: Actually, I am wrong. According to my brother, its 500+.

quote:

You have to remember that this job took 5 days. Even at £1k, the value for money for level of skill and knowledge is a bargain.

5 x 8 hours = 40 hours.

£1000 / 40 hours = £25 per hour.

Obviously at £500 that works out at £12.50 per hour. Thats stupidly cheap.

quote:

You're correct.
In some cases even just a good power wash will clean the car up beautifully. A contactless wash is beneficial to the paint too. Less chance of scratching or marring the paint.

[Edited on 01-03-2011 by BluKoo]

i think the problem with your justifying of charging with jobs like this, is you cant really apply an hourly charge on it, its like large jobs like having an extension built on your house, you get quoted for the job as a whole not by the hour. If builders charged 25 quid per hour to build your extension it would amount to a lot more then what would have been quoted for the job.

eg my parents paid about 20k for a kitchen extension not long ago, it took a good few months to compelete break that down per hour and i bet its a lot less then 25 quid

[Edited on 02-03-2011 by Steve]
BluKoo

2nd Mar 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

i think the problem with your justifying of charging with jobs like this, is you cant really apply an hourly charge on it, its like large jobs like having an extension built on your house, you get quoted for the job as a whole not by the hour. If builders charged 25 quid per hour to build your extension it would amount to a lot more then what would have been quoted for the job.

eg my parents paid about 20k for a kitchen extension not long ago, it took a good few months to compelete break that down per hour and i bet its a lot less then 25 quid

I wasn't justifying it. I don't think it needs justification. The result and the overall turnaround of the car speaks for its self.
Also the continuous repeat custom for years and years shows that its a service worth paying for.

And for you to compare a 5 day detail to a 3-4 month long kitchen extension is hilarious.

Okay, so a £20,000, 4 month long kitchen extension works out at an average of £5000 per month.
If they worked 25 days in that month that works out at £200 per day.
8 hours a day works out at £25 per hour.

[Edited on 02-03-2011 by BluKoo]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are forgetting materials which makes up a massive chunk of that 20k

obviously there are materials in your brothers work, but not nearly in a quantity to justify even a small portion of the end charge, therefore most of the charge is labour, which you in yourself are quoting anyway

BluKoo

2nd Mar 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't forget about materials, I just had no idea on the cost so i decided not to factor it in.

What percentage would you estimate?
Say 50% that means the builders worked for an average of £12.50 per hour

quote:
obviously there are materials in your brothers work, but not nearly in a quantity to justify even a small portion of the end charge, therefore most of the charge is labour, which you in yourself are quoting anyway

You are correct, there are materials, and also the cost of the premises.

Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we do an installation project at work, we come up with a set quote for the job, it could take a week, and 3 of us to do the job, we normally charge per hour per person,

however if we charged that for the work it would be astronomical, we would charge maybe 1500 quid for the weeks work project and that includes some of the equipment, if we charged per hour at our normal rates it would be nearing 7k

Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have i used that example before or am i having a de ja vu ? i had a de ja vu last night actually building my planes
BluKoo

2nd Mar 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out Polished Bliss's service options.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/detailing-services-service-options.html

They have set prices for jobs too. The owner of the vehicle choses from 6 options.

They don't charge by the hour. I was just breaking it down to show the value for money.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im currently trying to think of set prices to build model planes for people, not really sure wether to go for hourly or set
Jamie-C

2nd Mar 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats amazing! You'd be so happy going to pick your car up and seeing that!
BluKoo

2nd Mar 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im currently trying to think of set prices to build model planes for people, not really sure wether to go for hourly or set

Are you trying to change the subject because you realise you have a very weak argument?

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Thats amazing! You'd be so happy going to pick your car up and seeing that!

Especially in the weather we've been having at the moment. Can't beat a beautiful black shiney car in the summer.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: RS6 MTM... 23 database queries in 0.1820991 seconds