corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cyclist Vs Police

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cyclist Vs Police
Doug

User status: Offline
30th Mar 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ that cyclist is a prick!

I would hope that he gets knocked off his bike next time he rides through a red light!
Rob_Quads

30th Mar 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyclist is a cock. He broke the law.

Supprised that they did not follow it up after the event just to make the point.
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to the officer for being able to keep his cool for so long. He's only doing his job, no need to be a stuck up know it all twat about it and start being difficult when he's blatently in the wrong. The copper probably felt like he was being put on the spot a bit to be fair being asked aboutt the laws, even more so with a camera rammed in his face.

quote:
Originally posted by NeilM
Reminds me of the bloke in Scotland with the camera.

Is that the bloke who posts up the videos of his apparently being nearly knocked off his bike all the time? He's an idiot as well.
Neil

30th Mar 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, there was a photographer taking photo's at a parade or something and a female police officer tried to get his details off him under the terrorism act and he went on exactly like that cyclist.
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NeilM
No, there was a photographer taking photo's at a parade or something and a female police officer tried to get his details off him under the terrorism act and he went on exactly like that cyclist.

Ahh yeah I remember who you're on about now! People like this boil my piss
Skylined

30th Mar 11 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
The officer also has the right to arrest said person if they refuse to give details.

Under what law?

This is the guy he thanks at the end of the video. Got loads of vids and even a book which I'm tempted to get.

Have a watch

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAntiTerrorist#p/search/12/bE8rfefPQ24

Dom

30th Mar 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
The officer also has the right to arrest said person if they refuse to give details.

Under what law?

This is the guy he thanks at the end of the video. Got loads of vids and even a book which I'm tempted to get.

Have a watch

Never stated what i said was correct, it's just what i've been told when speaking to officers etc Although doesn't the Road Traffic Act (does that cover cyclists?) state that you can be fined if you fail to provide details?
Ben D

30th Mar 11 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i said earlier the officer would be able to detain the cyclist by law in order to ascertain his identity & address under pace [sec24 iirc]
Ojc

30th Mar 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope for once I agree with the cyclist, Police officers are complete cunts there are no two ways about it.

Fucking idiots.
Adam_B

30th Mar 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amazing.
Tommy

30th Mar 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyclist sounds like a prick but I love to see the pigs taken down a peg or two.
adiohead

30th Mar 11 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Under what law?

Have a watch

but the anti-terrorist says that if you break the law you should take it like a man.

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's something that's baffled me for a while this kind of behavior.

I've heard quite a bit from when I was into photography and you'd hear about photographers getting stopped and asked for their details etc. and yes it's not what you want to be doing, getting mithered by Police whilst your out taking photos but surely the answer to that is to get it over and done with as quickly as possible by co-operating, standing there arguing is just prolonging the agony. I can understand when photographers had Police telling them to delete photos or trying to confiscate cameras and preaching laws that don't exist, yes question that because it's expensive gear that you want to keep hold of but if they're just asking for a name and address, is it really worth the agro?

In this case, he's gone through a red light, he should take the punishment and stop being a fanny.

If you've done nothing wrong and you've nothing to hide, make it painless and just tell them what they're asking and you'll be on your way in no time, if you have done something wrong the stop being a fanny and take the punishment. Simples

In the past I've been pulled over about 6 or 7 times for spot checks or because they couldn't see my seat belt when I had harnesses and I've never had a copper by arsey with me because I do as they ask and am generally on my way again in the time it takes to right out a stop form or even in the time it takes to look in my window and see my harness. Now if I'd have been a twat I could've made each one of those stops a nice trip to the Police station in cuffs but I never really saw that as a potential option for some reason

[Edited on 30-03-2011 by Mike B]
DaveyLC

30th Mar 11 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
You would be surprised how many police that dont actually know the law

I had a blazing row with a copper who stopped me on a national speed limit road because I was going over 50mph he swore blind it was a 50 limit beacuse it had chevrons.. What a tool.
Cybermonkey

31st Mar 11 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
You would be surprised how many police that dont actually know the law

I had a blazing row with a copper who stopped me on a national speed limit road because I was going over 50mph he swore blind it was a 50 limit beacuse it had chevrons.. What a tool.

I thought national speed limit on single carriageway is 50 and then 60 for dual
Steve
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no 60 for single or dual without a central reservation, 70 for dual with central res
Ben J

31st Mar 11 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have lost my rag as the Copper. Glad I quit the Specials tbh.

The cyclist is out baiting Coppers and wasting Police time. Absolute twat.

[Edited on 31-03-2011 by Ben J]
alan-g-w

31st Mar 11 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cybermonkey - http://www.abd.org.uk/know_your_speed_limits.htm

I agree with ojc, the officer quoted a law that doesn't even exist - ID Copplan was something made up by the police officer to forc the guy to comply. This is out of order, no matter what the cyclist has done - even if he's gone through a red light he's well within the law to be doing what he's doing, no matter how much of a cock he's being.

The police contantly do things like this to people who have no knowledge - there are plenty of cyclists on here aren't there? If it was one of the people complaining about how that cyclist was being a knob that got stopped, would you not have done the exact same thing as him to get away with it? I know I would if I could.
pow
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't watch that
pow
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
no 60 for single or dual without a central reservation, 70 for dual with central res

A central reservation is something other than just tarmac, grass or a divider of some description. Lines on tarmac are = 60mph
Steve
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know
pow
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seem like the type that wouldn't piss me off in the morning on the way to work
Steve
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think i annoy people on the road really, im usually swifter or as swift as the flow of traffic so iv never got anyone behind getting agitated because they arent making progress.

I generally dont contravene the road markings or cut in at roundabouts etc, people have been pissed off with me before but its usually idiots that have either done something wrong themselves but dont know enough to realise, or public police that flash you when you overtake them etc
Dr Pepper

31st Mar 11 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard to say how much of a prick the cyclist is without seeing the incident. Imo it is perfectly safe to go through some red lights on a bike without causing danger to yourself or any other road user. I often do it myself so im not going to be hypocritical.

The policeman needs to do more homework if he is going to stop people in that manner. He really should know exactly where he stands legally in that situation or he shouldnt be in the job.
youngsezer

31st Mar 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i have only ever had good dealings with the police, i think if you treat them with respect they will in return, it might just be because we have a good bunch around here or maybe because i rarely have any trouble with the police, but that cyclist was being a bit pushy and i think even if i did know something 100% put under that sort of pressure i would go blank too

imo this proves nothing

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cyclist Vs Police 22 database queries in 0.0968230 seconds