corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: "Where experience counts" - Impreza RB320

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: "Where experience counts" - Impreza RB320
Xs

User status: Offline
5th Apr 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get why so many pictures are taken? If it takes them 100 hours, surely without all the dicking about taking a picture of 4 dots of polish on a sponge and soapy wheels then it would only take 50 hours?!
Bettley

5th Apr 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like watching it change , and wonder why mine always looks so crap after a clean lol
Bullet Proof SRi

5th Apr 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad i supose

or absolutely awsome, god job again, your putting others to shame IMO
Christopher

5th Apr 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sooooo shinny
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
5th Apr 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I was rich enough to afford £1000 on a car wash.
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
I don't get why so many pictures are taken? If it takes them 100 hours, surely without all the dicking about taking a picture of 4 dots of polish on a sponge and soapy wheels then it would only take 50 hours?!

This topic has been covered many times before.

The person taking the photographs isn't always the person doing the detailing. There are about 6 or 7 employees of PB, and someone is always on hand to take a few photographs along the way.

Also loads of owners of vehicles ask for a write up to be done on their car. Some even use them as a reference when it comes to cleaning their car themselves.

Its also a brilliant way to show off your car if you're selling it.

ps. I assume that "100 hours" reference was purely hypothetical. This was nowhere near 100 hours.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

i think this is a current fad, spawned from the internet and forums, a lot of people do it imo just so they can go and make a post on a forum about it, i bet 90% of people who get this done are members of a forum.

places like this will be out of business inside 10 years when this fashion all wears off, especially at the sums of money exchanging hands for the work.
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

i think this is a current fad, spawned from the internet and forums, a lot of people do it imo just so they can go and make a post on a forum about it, i bet 90% of people who get this done are members of a forum.

You are right. Some people who get their cars detailed are members of forums, but I don't think they get it done just so they can make a post about it or because its a "fad"
The forums they are members of are car enthusiast forums, and if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. You love and care for your car and you want it to look the best.

My brother picked this up yesterday morning...

Can you imagine the owner getting his car detailed just to he can show his friends on a forum?
I think its more likely that he spent a lot of money buying it, therefore he wants it to look its best while being protected from the elements.
thegsi

5th Apr 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love these threads. Fair play you're a credit to the company.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but when people get bored and stop wanking each other off on forums over it people will be less motivated to part sums with massive amounts of cash to have this done.

obviously there will be people who want there paint correcting and protecting, as there has been for years, but they will turn to the day to day businesses, like rich h, who charge realistic amounts for the work.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
5th Apr 11 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anyone in Liverpool doing this? Top dollar stuff I mean?

In all seriousness, I reckon I could lease a studio and pay wages out of a few of them a month.

I wouldn't have the 50 quid buckets though, do you still think I would get business?
adiohead

5th Apr 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I wouldn't have the 50 quid buckets though, do you still think I would get business?

As long as you have a paddling pool you'll get the custom

I once had a paddling pool but only used it once, jumped in whilst still in my school uniform. Then it went mouldy and perished
antnee

5th Apr 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

As long as you have a paddling pool you'll get the custom

I once had a paddling pool but only used it once, jumped in whilst still in my school uniform. Then it went mouldy and perished

The uniform or pool?
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yeah but when people get bored and stop wanking each other off on forums over it people will be less motivated to part sums with massive amounts of cash to have this done.

obviously there will be people who want there paint correcting and protecting, as there has been for years, but they will turn to the day to day businesses, like rich h, who charge realistic amounts for the work.

That is just your opinion and in no way am I trying to belittle Rich's work because from what i've seen its really good, but Polished Bliss are widely regarded as one of the best in the business. They're constantly testing new products for companies so they're often ahead of the game and they have the best products.

What your saying is basically like saying rich people will eventually get fed up of buying Rolex watches and just buy Seiko instead.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to see a side by side correction shot of rich h and polished bliss to see how its 3 sometimes 4 times cash better spent, id even let you use bright blue lights

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by Steve]
pow
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as it DOES look better, Steve has a point IMO.

No-one who owned a common-as-muck Scooby in any guise (I know it's a Richard Burns one before the flaming bandwagon comes towards me) was bothered about this 5 years ago.

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by pow]
Nath

5th Apr 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the correction which makes it 3/4 times more expensive though surely?
Nath

5th Apr 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
As much as it DOES look better, Steve has a point IMO.

No-one who owned a common-as-muck Scooby in any guise (I know it's a Richard Burns one before the flaming bandwagon comes towards me) was bothered about this 5 years ago.

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by pow]

Or you just didnt hear about it.
pow
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not aware of many companies that did this 4/5 years ago.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Rich do the Alfa but it's a very big desirable. I certainly wouldn't be spending 4 times the amount.
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm not aware of many companies that did this 4/5 years ago.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Rich do the Alfa but it's a very big desirable. I certainly wouldn't be spending 4 times the amount.

This is Polished Bliss's 5th year in trading (as a proper business).

Ps. I think PB are only about twice the price (if even that).
I think everyone automatically assumes that PB are mega money just because of the few Ne Plus Ultra details i've posted and they also automatically assume Rich is cheap becuase he's a one man and his van outfit.

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by BluKoo]
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is one of PB's first posts from 2005: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=501&highlight=polished+bliss

As you can see, Polished Bliss that you know of now spawned from a one man operation just like Rich H.

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by BluKoo]
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First time I heard of detailing was about 5 or 6 years ago, a programme did a story on some guy that went round to all the high end car dealerships and chrged thousands of pounds at a time, can't remember who he was now, think he drove a black van of some sort then it was everywhere after that.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 years is too recent i remember this being talked about 5 years ago, more like 10 years ago
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, it's a shame you get grief everytime just for posting these threads
andys sxi
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks so much better glad i dont have a black car altho blue is just as bad

April 08 feature car

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: "Where experience counts" - Impreza RB320 23 database queries in 0.0174770 seconds