corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » has anyone ever fucked up at work?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author has anyone ever fucked up at work?
Jake

User status: Offline
25th Apr 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Everyone fucks up sometimes!

I once was storing auction items for two different charity functions that were happening on
different nights at the hotel. I gave a framed, signed Ronaldo Man U shirt to the wrong function and they auctioned it, and the other function organisers arrived the next night asking where the Ronaldo shirt was (their main auction item!!) Realised at that point id fucked up in a big way!

It was worth about £800 to the charity as it went for that in the wrong auction!

[Edited on 25-04-2011 by Ben J]

holy fuck
sand-eel

25th Apr 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
The other day I left the door wide open all night on an out building with £1000+ of drink and a £3000 aircon machine sitting there

...was it there when you got back?

Luckely...yes
Tiesto

25th Apr 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only one that jumps out at me.

Specified wrong manholes for a new development, and about half way through they realised the mistake and had to rip out 15no. manholes and replace with catchpit ones. Would've been fine as originally designed but County highways are cunts.

Other small mistakes have been made like not specifying enough gullies and them having to add these after construction, but I just take it on the chin and learn from them.
Mase
Premium Member

25th Apr 11 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I over ordered some kit a while back..... about £8k's worth..... They'll find a use for it somewhere I'm sure....

Mase
antnee

25th Apr 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only one I can think of is when I was working at an auctioneers, there were 2 machines in the same, although one was working and the other wasn't. We had the visible lot number stickers but we also had some hidden ones, I didn't check the hidden one and it turned out the people that bought the broken one took the working one cos I didn't check the numbers thoroughly
Ben J

25th Apr 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Everyone fucks up sometimes!

I once was storing auction items for two different charity functions that were happening on
different nights at the hotel. I gave a framed, signed Ronaldo Man U shirt to the wrong function and they auctioned it, and the other function organisers arrived the next night asking where the Ronaldo shirt was (their main auction item!!) Realised at that point id fucked up in a big way!

It was worth about £800 to the charity as it went for that in the wrong auction!

[Edited on 25-04-2011 by Ben J]

holy fuck

Yeah! It wasn't good! Luckily I got on really well with my boss. We grovelled and offered them front row Kylie tickets for 2, with b&b at the hotel and pre-concert champagne and canapes and after concert cocktails, as an alternative auction item!

Just about go away with it. Never lived it down. When I left my boss got me a Ronaldo cake too cheeky git!
Mike2k111

25th Apr 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One definitely stands out in my mind. I work in software development for a claims management company and was working on a fix for the software used by the call centre.

To test it I pushed through 4 or 5 fake plumming and electric jobs on my development environment to my home address with random made up names like Mr Joey Tribiani etc.

It was only when an engineer turned up to my address asking for a Mr Tribiani that I relised my development environment was pointing at the live system.

Caused quite a few laughs in the office and had to do a fair bit of ringing around contractors cancelling jobs once i'd realised.
midlandvauxhalls

26th Apr 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dug through a live gas main on a large industrial estate, no gas supply for 2 days
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah plenty of times, main one was drilling through a Trend heating control cable, second I hit it the boilers went into emergancy mode and started kicking out full heat

Had to manually shut them down and the had to get someone in to rip the bit of the wall out that I'd fucked the cable in.

Boss wasn't at all bothered, I was mortified I'd done it but he just laughed and said 'that's what insurance is for'
RichR
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Biggest mistake - so far!!

Lift Centre 105mm too far aft meaning it lifted nose down - actually delivered to the customer like this as well as the production Manager at the time "didn't think they'd notice"
Ellis

26th Apr 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once sent wrong hub for a crane winch offshore, resulted in £14,000 freight chopper half way through the job to get the crane back in service for the weekend boat lifts, oops
chrisritch

26th Apr 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
When I worked on a poultry farm we was told to kill certain males as the male to female ratio in the pens was too high, we ended up killing 10 of the wrong males as she told us the wrong pen number.

[Edited on 25-04-2011 by DannyB]

Tom G

26th Apr 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm not much, can miss easy stuff like send wrong letter to patients so they turn up at the wrong hospital, or when they are being really undecisive they get confused as to what appointment is which then blame you for cancelling something they asked for.
Matt L

26th Apr 11 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made plenty of mistakes never good tbf old job made mistakes with peoples payroll constantly... mainly down to the fact the managers never told me of any changes but im sure i have told people to pay the wrong amounts then had to tell them the following months they owe more.

current job, missed the last week of sales off some report i was doing so the calculations/postings i made were wrong... didnt get picked up until it went to the fd.
taylorboosh

26th Apr 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a bt engineer. Working in a cabinet managed to cut a school of and not notice lol
TheCrow

26th Apr 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Working in the motor trade I had to pdi I brand spanker as the customer was waiting for it, on reversing it out of the workshop i managed to reverse straight into another car with the new owners watching.

Unfortunately so was the owners of the car i reversed into.

Still not quite sure where i was looking to this day.

Also when working in chrysler parts i managed to order 10 flat beds for dodge rams rather than ten oil filters. Luckily it was noticed at the warehouse.
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i worked at the co op i kept ordering 11 or 22 boxes of frozen bread instead of 1 or 2.

At current job (building services consultant) it's mostly small things but they get noticed before stuff is sent out usually. A bigger one would be getting the sizes of some attenuators wrong on our drawing so they had to re-arrange the ducts on site as it was all tight for space. Can't think of anything else that got that far but there's probably something.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
mattfiesta

26th Apr 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had 5 brand new framed garage doors worth about £10k fly off the back of my truck on a dual carriageway when a ratchet strap broke, luckily none hit any cars but the doors were knackered.
Pop

26th Apr 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few years ago I waved someone off from the dealership in their brand new car, the cheque bounced.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
A few years ago I waved someone off from the dealership in their brand new car, the cheque bounced.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
C2RL R

26th Apr 11 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've fucked up loads of times! I've scrapped a belt that we would have sold for over 70k! That was my worst one! I've plummeted our weaving shed into darkness for a full day! I've done loads of other things that other people didn't find out about so I don't have to admit it!

You always find that if you're doing a job for a friend or relative that you will fuck it up!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was an apprentice mechanic I was doing a service but kept getting shouted by the other techs to help them out with their jobs. Came back to my service, re-filled the coolant, started it up to let it warm up. After a few minutes another tech got me to check the lights on the car he was working on then when I got back to my ramp the car wasn't running Asked if anyone had turned it off and no-one had, ignition lights were on then there was a sudden feeling of dread as I couldn't remember filling the oil up Checked the dipstick, dry Then I spotted the sump plug still on the ramp, lifted the car up, put the sump plug in, topped up with oil, went to start and it ran like a dream Still to this day I can't believe I got away with it
Jake

26th Apr 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R

You always find that if you're doing a job for a friend or relative that you will fuck it up!

exactly before this he wanted me to do his conservatory base so i hope that job dont go out the window
taylorboosh

26th Apr 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mike b - unbelievably lucky, whos knows what untold damage lurked inside
Root

26th Apr 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R

exactly before this he wanted me to do his conservatory base so i hope that job dont go out the window

Usually the case

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » has anyone ever fucked up at work? 23 database queries in 0.0397961 seconds