corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats the most scared you've ever been?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats the most scared you've ever been?
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Apr 11 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woke up thinking there was a swarm of wasps in my bedroom one night.

Got from my bed to the front door in about 2 seconds flat!
Ended up in a pile in front of my door as i ran square into it.

I have massive issues with wasps btw and there was one above my bedroom in the loft and they kept getting in too.
Gary
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact, thats not the most scared ive ever been. I had a knife put to my throat when i was about 18. That scared the shit out of me!!
Ben J

30th Apr 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah.... Also had a BIG moment in tbe VXR on the Evo Triangle whilst out with some other VXRonline guys. Overcooked a partially unsighted left hander and had to run wide using all of the road, thankfully no-one coming other way.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
In theatre with missus when she had emergency C-Section.

Same probably. Golf ball sized lump in throat watching all that happen.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
richc

30th Apr 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some police/law issues. Ive also done the sleep paralysis thing. walking in a forest at night on my own ...ner i honnestly dont know.
SportBoy

30th Apr 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eating a battered mince pie.
wwwNOOBcom

30th Apr 11 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be a keen hiker, a few years ago i would be out every weekend mountain camping over 2 and 3 day hikes, i spent a small fortune on camping gear, sleeping bag alone was almost 400 quid.

Sometimes i would go on my own, you would think that by yourself in the middle a forrest at 2 in the morning would be scary but i never once got scared.

But 1 time i was camping alone and it was obv a dream but i could he people screaming for there life outside my tent, i woke up but was nothing major.

About an hour later after i fell asleep, it happend again but this time i must have been half awake and half asleep but still awake enought to know i was awake and still sleeping enough to here the screams, i was shitting it, heart was going a million mile an hour and was full of Adrenaline.

[Edited on 30-04-2011 by wwwNOOBcom]
p

30th Apr 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Prospect of losing a loved one. Don't think I've ever been 'that' scared for my own wellbeing. Some idiot pulled a samurai sword out one night in front of us but I knew I could out run him so I was cool with that

You sure that wasn't me? I did that to a few of my pals once, I caught them rather unawares to say the least

Scared...... Being robbed on a train wasn't nice...... Nearly being run over by a Eurostar with a pal, also wasn't nice.... Nearly careered in to a van on the motor-way at around 70 mph, also wasn't too nice... And I nearly had a head on collision at a very stupid speed, all my own fault and most definitely one thing I won't be doing again, or, with out more though.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had a go at bridge swinging. The time between me jumping and feeling tension on the rope to let me know I was safe again. Still wanna do it again though
Tiger

30th Apr 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having a lymph gland removed from my neck under local in a 1 hour operation, at one point my blood pressure dropped dangerously low and all the alarms went off, felt like my sweat was absolute zero. The surgeons glove coming out my neck dripping in blood and smoke from the cauterization filling my nose.
Edd

30th Apr 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sitting 5 storeys up getting ready to be the first person to go down a homemade death slide we made with probably the thinnest rope ever and a set of BMX handle bars
Simon

30th Apr 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too sure, probably the bungee jump I did. Shitting it, didn't look down until I was falling, knew I wouldn't jump If I had
Bobber123

30th Apr 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sliding sideways into a lamp post at about 55 lost the back end in an old cav comeing off a roundabout... i shit bricks to say the least. done loads of stupid speeds on motorbikes but that doesnt really scare me as i dont imagine crashing.
second scary moment was when i was putting some new shocks on my nova in my old garage, both sides were on jacks (stupid i know but sooo many people do it) the car fell off the jacks sideways and squashed me into the wall as it fell towards me managed to somehow wriggle out after a while!

[Edited on 30-04-2011 by Bobber123]
Tiesto

30th Apr 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just before going in for an operation to remove a birthmark that suddenly starting swelling up on the back of my head, thankfully it turned out to be a benign growth.

Was under a local and could hear the scalpel cutting into the skin as it was just behind my ear
Jamie-C

30th Apr 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walking over a rope bridge about 100ft above the sea! I was proper shitting my self incase the ropes snapped and the people were rocking it side to side
Ben G

30th Apr 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seeing my brother in hospital with doctors around him trying to wake him up from an induced coma, wathing him gagging on the pipe down his throat whilst the meningitis cells attacked his brain.

cannot gt the image out of my head and it terrified me.
MarkSport

30th Apr 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going 130mph round twisty country lanes in the passenger seat of torsaG's xe corsa was scary. pitch black and sliding all over the leather seat going round the corners. shit me up!

other than that, the only other one is when i first passed my test i took a bend on a 30 road at about 90 and nearly died with an on coming 40 ton truck. learnt my lesson very early on.
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon mine would be when I had an Appendicitis a couple of years back. Worst pain I've ever felt and ended up hyperventilating which scared me shitless!

Also got trapped in a lift in an empty block of flats when I did some work for a building company which was pretty damn scary. It was nearly two hours before the lift people got to me and the lad I was with. When they managed to get the door open I had to climb out of the smallest gap ever as the lift had gone about 3/4 of the way past the stop. All I could think as I was trying to climb out was if this starts working again now I'm going to get chopped in half

[Edited on 30-04-2011 by shaunmods]
MarkSport

30th Apr 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit shaun, rather you than me!
richc

30th Apr 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was on my first lads holiday in 2008 think i could drink the most sambuca in the world.....as you can imagine, 3 hours later i was on the floor in the middle of the road and i couldnt move. I smashed the floor headfirst. I knew everything that was going on, but it was like my mind and my body were two serperate things. I got dragged home by my legs and when i got back i was constantly being sick. I couldnt speak but i started crying as i couldnt stop being sick and chocking. Not a nice feeling.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually can't remember a time where I was scared shitless. And that's not through being sensible
Eddx14xe

30th Apr 11 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only time i can really think of was when a guy pulled out in front of me.

Was dark and i was driving me and my girlfriend home. We werent going too fast only around 75 (it was a dual carriageway), as i was coming up to a junction a car started pulling out into my lane. Managed to swerve around him just, his bonnet was literally a few inches from my door. If he was slightly further out or i reacted a split second later, me, my girlfriend and the passenger in the car would of almost certainly died.
JaffaTB

30th Apr 11 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably when these 2 asians burst into my mates house and tried to rob us, took me into his front room and threatened me with his samurai sword off the top of the tv trying to get my phone, ended up elbowing the window through and having the skin off my thumb cut off and running home with one shoe on (but still had my phone )

or when some divvy woman pulled out on me with our lass and 2 kids in the car
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dropped a floor in a lift, and my brother almost dying
A2H GO

1st May 11 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. Rolling my 1st car, Corsa GSi when I was 17 at whatever speed they do flat out in 5th
2. Walking home on my own semi-wasted after a night out and getting jumped and attempted to be dragged down an alley by some blokes. Luckily managed to get a couple of good shots in and get away, albeit without my top. Never ran so fast in my life

[Edited on 01-05-2011 by A2H GO]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats the most scared you've ever been? 23 database queries in 0.0158930 seconds