corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anybody owns or had an x5??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anybody owns or had an x5??
richc

User status: Offline
6th May 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x5's are great for towing aswell. Sit really comfortable, and with 200+ bhp pulls nice. Missus dad says the x5 is better for towing than his discovery.
Dave M

6th May 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look hard enough, you could get a RRS for around that mark.

i have the TDv6 model and it isnt as bad as people say, nice and smooth and still pulls if you want it to! plus definatly has 1 up on the x5 for quality.
Worth a look IMO
richc

6th May 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by korsa_c

i have the TDv6 model and it isnt as bad as people say, nice and smooth and still pulls if you want it to! plus definatly has 1 up on the x5 for quality.
Worth a look IMO

X5 has bags more power and is a good 3 seconds quicker to 60.
BYRON

6th May 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by c4rsa-sport
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by c4rsa-sport
we was looking at the range rovers but for the 20k price range they do have a little high miles on them, and not decent spec

New RR Evoque out this summer for a little over that brand new.

Got any links for this?

If shes more interested in looks, she may also be able to get some off the list price:

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/

No chance of discount. They will sell themselves. All order allocation for this year has gone and its not even been launched yet. I go to a preview event on May 27th

You could look at a RR Vogue for £20k...

[Edited on 06-05-2011 by BYRON]
Root

6th May 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not owned one but drove a lot of them, they're lovely to drive, quite nippy, very good seat position, good handling, can't really think of something bad about them, they're so comfortable inside, you're not squished up at all, so much space
Dave M

7th May 11 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:

Worth a look IMO

I dont question that, but who buys a car like that to go really fast? plus i dont think she's going to be bothered going 3 seconds quicker with a horse box on the back!!

if you want Quality go with RR
pow
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I've driven a couple of X5's and loved them... just simple and huge and cool
Edges 58

7th May 11 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad had the mk1 X5 3.0i sport... Fully kitted with every option available. Best car he's ever owned to be honest never went wrong, fast enough and nippy, only thing to fault them is the cost of ownership. Just got to the point he couldn't afford to keep it
pow
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was under the impression that the 3.0d wasn't that bad... from what my next door neighbour told me.
recarouk

7th May 11 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/06-Volkswagen-Touareg-5-0-V10-TDI-5-DR-AUTO-PEARL-BLACK-/350445826845?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item519832f31d

job done
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drove my workmates one for an MOT and drove like a bag of shit compared to the rangerovers iv driven

his was the 3.0 petrol auto and didnt feel that quick at all, plus hes trying to shift it so that explains alot

stick with the rangerover
sand-eel

7th May 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 3L petrol doesn't have the torque for the weight of the X5, 3.0D or the V8's are the way. We've had 3 X5's!
dannymccann

7th May 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by recarouk
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/06-Volkswagen-Touareg-5-0-V10-TDI-5-DR-AUTO-PEARL-BLACK-/350445826845?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item519832f31d

job done

+1

Could pretend to be the baddy out of the Bourne film
richc

7th May 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I was under the impression that the 3.0d wasn't that bad... from what my next door neighbour told me.

Well missus dads knows someone who works for sytner, and he said in the real world there is only about 2 mpg in it (unless sat on motorways all day). They guy said he has had both and currently still has the petrol one.

Im so tempted to get one, but i wanna cut back on 'cars'. It would cripple me if something when wrong.
Root

7th May 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
i drove my workmates one for an MOT and drove like a bag of shit compared to the rangerovers iv driven

his was the 3.0 petrol auto and didnt feel that quick at all, plus hes trying to shift it so that explains alot

stick with the rangerover

I've drove both and both are awesome cars, given the choice of the two, I'd have a range rover
c4rsa-sport

7th May 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for all the comments guys, as ill be driving it aswell im gonna push her towards the range rover, see if she will change her mind!
richc

7th May 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:

Worth a look IMO

I dont question that, but who buys a car like that to go really fast? plus i dont think she's going to be bothered going 3 seconds quicker with a horse box on the back!!

if you want Quality go with RR

But the extra grunt with towing. I had a quick look, and for that money, 80% are circa 100k miles which puts people off on the resale. There is also a tdv6 RRS in the family (sister) so they have been tried and tested. Thats the 2.7 btw which is what you are looking at for the money. The 3.0 is suppose to be alot better, and more fuel efficient but i have no experience of them so cannont comment.

Id buy a 2005 x5, around £15k it will be a 'nice one' and pocket the rest instead of going balls out and not being able to fix it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anybody owns or had an x5?? 22 database queries in 0.0076730 seconds