corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » careless driving fines

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author careless driving fines
Cavey

User status: Offline
11th May 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I had to undertake some goon on the way into London on Monday. Sitting j. The outside lane doing 60. He then started slowing without braking, causing me to get closer then stamped on his brakes because he thought I was tailgating

Me and about 5 other cars all undertook him and he carried on in the lane oblivious.

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Jambo]

This (and Ed's point) are my main issues with this idea.

People sitting in the middle lane of the motorway, or the outside lane when the rest of the motorway is free I occasionally undertake middle lane people to make a point, not that it makes a single bit of difference.
Jambo

11th May 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As M2rty said. It's all about education. Need to include Mway driving into the test. Including lane discipline KEEPING LEFT and get people doing 50mph to speed the fuck up so it doesn't make every Tom dick and Harry drive in the middle lane. Causes traffic too.

Once saw a woman in an X5 join the Mway with me, Mway was empty in front of us. She joined indicated immediately then just sat in the middle lane

Should all have Mway licence revoked.
AndyKent

11th May 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure the test is the problem. Seems to me to be sheer laziness by middle aged people who should know better.
Sunz

11th May 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann

Also with VAT tax, when compared with the rest of Europe we are either in line or have a lower rate of VAT (for example Denmark has 25%)

http://www.tmf-vat.com/vat/eu-vat-rates.html

All that depends on the cost of living and the quality of life, to which I believe the uk is pretty low on the list. Places like Denmark have great public transport and a high quality of life, so the uk is pretty expensive still compared to other places in the world.

As for this on the spot fine, £100 is a lot to some people and is nothing to others, it will only affect the poorer people in society.
The Government wants you to be its slave, you live in its country, you give them your taxes from working, anything you buy you give them more taxes, they make driving easy enough to start and then put 10,000 rules on it, all of which seem more based on making yet more money from you rather then solving the problems that dangerous driving causes.

Dog crap on the street - £1000 fine.
But driving like a twat on the road - £100, is going to keep the motorist on the roads ready for another fine, like milking a cow.

Can you by cyanide from ? I've had enough of this country !
gardenspoon

11th May 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shouldn't worry about it; although the police may be able to 'do' you easier than before, you don't see them about anyway. When they brought out the fixed penalty for using a mobile phone did it stop anyone - no it didn't - pretty much every 3rd car you see has someone with their ear pressed against a phone, and do they get caught - no.

Remember; we are in times of austerity; the police haven't the numbers to fight such things as a little careless driving, it's probably just an idle threat to the motorist because they know they can't be out there keeping the roads safe.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » careless driving fines 22 database queries in 0.0249841 seconds