corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cheap Diesel Car- Good MPG on motorways?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap Diesel Car- Good MPG on motorways?
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th May 11 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought a Corsa 1.5TD for £425, it seems to do 50mpg driven pretty much flat out. It will nudge a ton standard. I'm gonna give it a good service tomorrow, and wind the boost up to 1.2 bar, and the fuel and see how it goes
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

13th May 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DERV-POWER
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-POLO-1-9-SDI-DIESEL-2001-TDI-TURBO-55MPG-/140543492424?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20b90b8148

looks good, is bio diesel readily available nowadays?
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

13th May 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I've just bought a Corsa 1.5TD for £425, it seems to do 50mpg driven pretty much flat out. It will nudge a ton standard. I'm gonna give it a good service tomorrow, and wind the boost up to 1.2 bar, and the fuel and see how it goes

what age/mileage is that mate?

[Edited on 13-05-2011 by Tom J]
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th May 11 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M plate, with a 130k.

The engine will out live the car tbh.
pow
Premium Member

14th May 11 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I used to have an average of about 57 in mine...

An 80 mile round trip to Oxford and it used to stay the same, I like to cruise about 80ish
richc

14th May 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5 megane would be the better choice for me.

Me and my friend both have f1's and his missus has a 100 bhp 1.5 dci. It does 53 average with the majority of that town milage. Makes me sick compariing it to ours

Even when he borrowed it to come back form his army camp, he said it did 48 and that was foot to the floor everytime a car moved lanes, 90 mph crusing with a 110 blat now and again (flat our pretty much).
aim1

14th May 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing 150 miles a day mainly motorway at 80ish in a 1.4tdi Polo. It's not very exciting but has a fair amount of torque and I've worked it out consistently at 64mpg. 30 a year road tax too.
Gareth T

14th May 11 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa c 1.7cdti

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cheap Diesel Car- Good MPG on motorways? 22 database queries in 0.0094781 seconds