corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vauxhall vx220's.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vauxhall vx220's.
corsagsigav

User status: Offline
22nd May 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
fuck it get this
http://pistonheads.com/sales/2758114.htm

cheapness for a well sorted motor love the ps13 more tho
Jambo

22nd May 11 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gorgeous cars. Basically a Lotus so handle amazingly aparently
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd May 11 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever drive an S1 Elise, and Exiga S. Both are great fun. A pain to get into but other than that spot on.

Get one, I saw a nice Purple VX220 yesterday.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are not uncomfy.. they have a very very nice driving position (ask paulJ he sat in mine).. they can be a couple of niggles that you would want to sort, knocks etc but all can be rectified with a bit of time.

mine doesnt make any noises really any more, just an odd noise like a stone hitting the arch now and again.

my heater works too well in winter, very hot but it depends how well its sealed i think, some people get good ones, some bad.

they engines are very reliable, the 2.2 being a vectra/astra engine and is a strong unit (the one i have) the turbo is just a z20let.. so pretty bomb proof.

performance is crap in the 2.2, 5.5 to 60 the turbo 4.7 to 60

mpg.. i run over 300bhp in mine and pull 35-40mpg on long runs.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard exhaust backbox with 2.5" system (sounds ok)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=honNl2H7_JM

race vs focus rs500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIAwx-yjnmY

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by chris_uk]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd May 11 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need another go of one because I obviously didn't play with the seat enough
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how not to get out of the elise/vx220

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2NHF9V6Tg
Ben G

23rd May 11 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
they are not uncomfy.. they have a very very nice driving position (ask paulJ he sat in mine).. they can be a couple of niggles that you would want to sort, knocks etc but all can be rectified with a bit of time.

mine doesnt make any noises really any more, just an odd noise like a stone hitting the arch now and again.

my heater works too well in winter, very hot but it depends how well its sealed i think, some people get good ones, some bad.

they engines are very reliable, the 2.2 being a vectra/astra engine and is a strong unit (the one i have) the turbo is just a z20let.. so pretty bomb proof.

performance is crap in the 2.2, 5.5 to 60 the turbo 4.7 to 60

mpg.. i run over 300bhp in mine and pull 35-40mpg on long runs.

cheers chris thats brilliant

would say 5.5 to 60 is crap though i'd imagine that would be plenty for me, focus was 6.5 to 60 and that seemed fast enough to have fun in so i guess the vx wouldn't be too bad either.

famous last words
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea 5.5 to 60 is pretty crap really but these were out 10 years ago now. so then it was pretty good.. supercharge them to stage 3.5 and you will be getting sub 4 secs to 60

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by chris_uk]
Ben G

23rd May 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant wouldn't say it was crap

and supercharging involves £££'s

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Ben G]
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess.. but im used to it being a lot faster, whenever i drive a standard one its painful slow.

as a pure driving experience they are mega, good sence of speed while driving quick, you actually feel your going the speed you are which is nice. i took our resident stig out for a quick blast and he seemed to like it.
Hammer

24th May 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always wanted one, eventually had a test drive at the start of the year and disliked it

It shifted, handled as if it were on rails but it was EXTREMELY crashy and squeeky. I knew it wasn't going to be the most practical but I don't think I could live with one as an every day car, especially with the state the roads are in.

I'd like to think I maybe picked a shite one, it wasn't in the best nick exterior wise.
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is 5.5 to 60 crap? Because yours in faster?
Eck
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old Brett is back The new one was a bit soft and less in your face for a bit!
adiohead

24th May 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always wanted an Elise/Exige until the end of last year. Now I only feel hate when I see them

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by adiohead]
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Why is 5.5 to 60 crap? Because yours in faster?

no not so much that, but you see a car like that you expect it to shift, these days a resonable powered saloon car could be just as quick and they would leave you for dead on a motorway.

in the grand scheme of things 5.5 to 60 is just reasonable. my punto gt used to do it in about 6 seconds.
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reasonable There's no point me even arguing so I'm not gonna, but I disagree.
Hammer

24th May 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTF.

Sub 6 seconds to 60 is fast in all relative company. A 350bhp M3 is .3 seconds faster.
Corsa_Sport21

24th May 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 2.2 in a heavier Mk4 Astra.It goes no bad tbh,must be pretty quick in a VX220
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i guess so.. but sometimes i think even mine could do with being a little quicker to 60. i guess its just what you get used to i suppose.. id say the performance of the turbo was more like what you would want at 4.7 to 60 and the vxr a bit quicker at 4.2 to 60.

id say sub 5 to 60 is decent anything slower is just respectable.. ud be supprised how quick some cars are, i chased a 335i when mine was pre s/c and i couldnt keep up and he had a car full.
Ben G

24th May 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you mean about it looking like it should be faster.

5.5 to 60 in my eyes is fast though. anything else and i'd be losing my license i reckon.

anything under 5 i wouldn't trust myself with
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would be fast enough until you got used to it and started thinking 'it could do with being x much faster' trust me ive been there..
Ben G

24th May 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we've all been there i think i'd love the turbo but wouldn't want to stretch my budget up past 10k
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i can be honest unless your looking at possibly supercharging the 2.2 just get a cat c/d turbo. you dont have to fanny about putting turbo bits on an 2.2 etc. plus i think a standard tubby is better on juice than a 2.2.
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now you're comparing against 3.0 twin turbo BMW's for gods sake Lets be honest here, in the real world, the average working man does not own a car like that. There's probably only 20% cars on the road in the UK that could beat or be around that 0-60 figure, so with regards to grand schemes, I'd call it quick.

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by loafofbrett]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vauxhall vx220's. 22 database queries in 0.0311542 seconds